Made with Love

Saying good bye to an old friend

I

iceman_dci

My best buddy just messaged me this morning and he has the awful task of putting his dog/companion of 13+ years down today. He's pretty distraught and I wish I could be there for him, but he lives hours away.

I've had to put only one pet down 18 years ago and the following days are just awful; it took me years to find another (three actually :p). My house is a zoo but they are the best companions. I'm dreading the day to have to go through the loss of one again, but that's life.

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
If you can manage to make the time, even though he's hours away, do go visit. Friends are one of the few things that help when you're in spiritual pain.

I dread the thought o my dog dying, he sticks to me like glue. When I work at the computer he sleeps in my lap. When I shower he sits out side the door. When I cook he trots behind me the whole time. When I read laying on the couch his snuggles under my chin. When I go to bed he sleeps at my tummy (oh he's 4 lbs full grown).

He's now 9 years old. His face is going white, and he sleeps a lot more these days. My friends have commented that I'll be inconsolable when he goes, they're already worried LOL

H

HOF

Pets are part of our families and we have to let them go. As their pain and illness increases, there is little that we can do but accept the inevitable and help them prepare for the next world. They already know that they're loved and remember the great moments not the sad ones.

I

iceman_dci

Lauren Summerhill said:
If you can manage to make the time, even though he's hours away, do go visit. Friends are one of the few things that help when you're in spiritual pain.

He is my closest and dearest friend. I'm driving up to see him this weekend with a couple of cubans and some single malt....Thanks Lauren :)

Top Bottom