SPDir
Hot Pink List
  • Dear Guest,
    To be able see or reply in all our forum threads please register and become a member.

What impresses you?.

Anto

Students at a Nova Scotia high school are drawing international attention to a disappearing Indigenous language using one of the Beatles’ most recognizable songs.

Music students at Allison Bernard Memorial High School in Eskasoni, N.S. recorded a cover of “Blackbird” sung entirely in Mi’kmaq—a language spoken by fewer than 10,000 people.

The rendition, which was sung by Grade 10 student Emma Stevens, has received praise online by both Beatles fans and language advocates, and has garnered more than 100,000 views since being uploaded last week.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/students-score-viral-hit-by-covering-beatles-classic-in-mi-kmaq-1.4406127

Prim0

I'm impressed by people that put effort into what they do. So many people just skate by and appear to have no interest in what they are doing. I don't care if it's work, a hobby, etc. Behave as though it matters to you and you want to do it well and I'll be impressed.