Made with Love

Toronto's 'Officer Bubbles' sues YouTube

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
TORONTO (CBC) - The Toronto policeman dubbed "Officer Bubbles" over an incident during the G20 summit has launched a million-dollar lawsuit against popular website YouTube. [SIZE=-2][/SIZE]

Const. Adam Josephs filed a $1.2-million lawsuit over cartoons that have surfaced since the incident.
Josephs received the nickname after a video showed him telling a young female protester that she could be arrested for blowing bubbles.
If the bubble touches me, you're going to be arrested for assault," he told her. It's a deliberate act on your behalf, I'm going to arrest you.
The officer is suing the website over cartoons which he claims depict an officer resembling him abusing police power. Cartoons have surfaced showing a policeman arresting such people as Santa Claus and Barack Obama.
Josephs said in a statement of claim the cartoons have subjected him to ridicule and resulted in threats against him and his family.
"This level of ridicule goes beyond what is reasonable," James Zibarras, the officer's lawyer, told the Globe and Mail. "The reason we brought the lawsuit is that people have the right to protect themselves against this kind of harassment."
Josephs also wants YouTube to reveal the identity of the person behind the account where the cartoons originated. The cartoons no longer appear on the site.

Will this colossal fark up ever end.

O

oagre

If I was the judge, I would allow his lawsuit.... and grant him damages of exactly 1 bubble-pipe (or the cash equivalent). I bet the sleazebags at the police association are paying for this stupid waste of time lawsuit.

Nova5

Reviewer
Joined Jun 16, 2010
Messages 3,118

This video of Constable Josephs has become a symbol for what many viewed as: heavy handed policing during the G20 summit that brought world leaders to Toronto in June. In this clip, the officer tells the young woman protesting on Queen St. W: “If the bubble touches me, you’re going to be arrested for assault.”

Last edited:

Blackrock13

Joined Aug 2, 2010
Messages 471
Is the case being heard in Canada or the US. I can't see it being successful, but the bubble pipe award might be fitting? I might add some baby shampoo to the package.

I wonder who's advising him on this, as he needs a smack up side the head. If he'd just left it alone it would have died like the video of the senior RCMP officer using a huge canister of tear gas on protestors and press out west some time back, but no.

amber-jade

Joined May 31, 2010
Messages 353
jumpingjackflash said:
Careful boys, he's petitioning to have all the names that said negative comments about him on Youtube so he can make them part of the law suit! I'm not sure how far that will go but better safe than sorry.

He's a Penis.

add me to the list:na::na:

Iambad

Joined Jan 28, 2010
Messages 899
Hamilton man stands up to ‘Officer Bubbles’ over comments

Hamilton man stands up to ‘Officer Bubbles’ over comments

https://www.thestar.com/news/article/877471--hamilton-man-stands-up-to-officer-bubbles-over-comments

Josephs wants YouTube to unveil his real name, along with those of the 23 other John Does who made comments on a series of allegedly defamatory cartoon videos. But Pussymcfats maintains that what he wrote online was fair, and he’s ready to remove the cloak of anonymity.

“I mentioned, according to what I saw in the video, that he’s an egomaniac,” Mara said. “I stand by what I did. I thought he was out of line.”

Josephs’ lawyer, James Zibarras, said the constable and his family have received threats of physical harm as a result of the cartoons and the comments.

Top Bottom