Hollywood Ladies
Venus Toronto
  • Dear Guest,
    To be able see or reply in all our forum threads please register and become a member.

Fucking Amazing - Obesity is now a disability?

DonCorleo

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/man-sues-white-castle-because-over-booth-size-160126946.html

Even though we live in a supersized world, bigger is not always better. One devoted White Castle customer is suing the restaurant chain because he can't fit into the restaurant's booths. Martin Kessman, who weighs 290 pounds, complained to management for more than two years after repeatedly knocking his knee into the tables' metal supports.

After the 64-year-old New York stockbroker sent a series of letters of complaint to the chain, he received what he called condescending responses. White Castle sent him free hamburger coupons and promised that it would expand its booth sizes. But the booths were never changed and Kessman is now taking his case to federal court.

He is suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages because he says the eatery is violating the Americans with Disabilities Act. (He compares himself to pregnant women and the handicapped.) The lawsuit, however, has not put an end to Kessman's love of mini burgers. Now, instead of going to White Castle himself, he sends his wife.

tboy

Suing and winning are two different animals.
have you heard some of the stupidest suits are settled out of court for millions? I think that ALL suits of any kind should first be reviewed by a moderator prior to serving.....then and only then should they be passed or denied for being frivolous or without merit.....

The thing is, this is a cash grab pure and simple. They know large corporations will simply pay out instead of a long litigation. I believe if you lose, the loser pays all or some of the defendant's legal costs but this guy ate all his money so that won't happen if the case is thrown out....

tboy

Why can he just not go to another restaurant?. People are always looking for a quick buck.
Cuz it's his god given right to eat those fat burgers.....next thing you know he'll be suing them for not telling him their products can cause obesity.....sound familiar???

jiggyjiggy

I'm suing my parents for not being born rich. It's not fair, I should have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth instead I was born with a wooden spatula, hence my big mouth!!

cbs.mxracer88.23288.dd.jpg

tboy

I'm suing my parents for not being born rich. It's not fair, I should have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth instead I was born with a wooden spatula, hence my big mouth!!
if you were in the US, I bet there is a lawyer that'd file that case for you.....remember, this is the country where a judge sued a drycleaners for millions of dollars because they ruined his $500 pants....