Hollywood Ladies
Pure Pleasure Spa
  • Dear Guest,
    To be able see or reply in all our forum threads please register and become a member.

Canadian drug makers hit with $1.1B suit for pushing opioids despite risks

ROBERTSON

Should be a lot more.

I know an individual who was allowed to stay on oxy for 12 years.

And most of that time was simply feeding an addiction.

One has to believe that health care professionals get some form of kick back from big pharmy.

Prim0

ROBERTSON;n1469894 said:
Should be a lot more.

I know an individual who was allowed to stay on oxy for 12 years.

And most of that time was simply feeding an addiction.

One has to believe that health care professionals get some form of kick back from big pharmy.
But is it the drug maker's, the prescribing phsyician's, pharmacist's or patient's responsibility? Seems like there's plenty of blame to go around. Of course the producer is going to push their product....that's how they make money. Are we going to go after soda companies and fattening food companies for pushing their products knowing that their products lead to health issues.....or do we blame the grocery stores for selling so much of it.....or do we nail the customer who buys and consumes it?

When it comes to medicine, I think we put too much of the responsibility on the physician. Sure, they have the training but they're not perfect. It seems like pharmacists would see someone refilling an opioid prescriptions constantly and start asking questions of the doctor or patient. And what about the patient....any responsibility to look into what they are being given and asking questions? Do they get a pass because they don't have all the training or because they are in pain (at first)....or maybe because they're addicted and can't help themselves?

ROBERTSON

^

Big pharma is being sued, because they didn't notify doctors about the risks.

That's were it begins, and ends.

This is just one of hundreds of similar law suits in North America.

As far as food products, Canada is requiring that manufactures provide info on the labels of the products to let the public know what the risks are, including displays in fast food "restaurants".

Cancer stick packaging in Canada, is another example.

Last edited: