Made with Love
Hollywood Ladies

Your Inner Child

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
A thought sparked by the wisdom of SillyGirl: That we've all got a child inside, and try to hide it.

Isn't it a damn shame? Remember the utopian hope, the belief that fairies were real, the way the world was filled with wonder, how a new teddy bear could make your day?

It's so important to nourish the healthy parts of our inner child.

I still like coloring books, especially seeking out Winnie the Pooh. It's a stress reliever after a long day, gives me something fun and mindless to do while my subconscious mind processes and thoughts wander through my head.

I love walking through grass without shoes, swimming in ponds and wading through rivers, chasing frogs (and letting them go). My friends and I still go to parks to visit swing sets, and beaches to build sand castles. We stopped with snowmen - we've grown to hate the cold! Children's movies and cartoons are also a group activity with friends.

During family gatherings, I inevitably spend most of my time with all the kids, playing with them. Not just because I love kids, but because I love their toys (lego especially), and I think they can sense it. They can tell that I'm not just an adult playing with them, I'm actually joining the group and playing with toys! I realized this when my niece ran up to me one day and said "I have a toy you're going to LOVE!!"

Oh and finger painting parties!! Those ROCK!

How do you keep your inner child alive?

A

All4one

king21 said:
Lovely thread you have started LS.

Well I have always been young at heart, practical jokes in the workplace releases the inner child in me!

We all know that King and your PSP LMAO!!

I still play pacman and watch Tom and Jerry sometimes :mrgreen:

B

Beenthere123

king21 said:
ROTFLMAO!:lol:

I'd like to share my best practical joke I ever played on a co worker, I took a black crayon and drew a crack on the windshield of his car. It looked and felt absolutely real! We had a pay duty cop on duty and got him in on the joke by pretending he was doing the rounds outside of business and noticed the damaged windshield and then coming inside and asking who owned a blue colour car out back. My co worker was devastated, he had just purchased the car not too long ago. We let him suffer for about 2 hrs before finally letting him off the hook! :lol:, man was that funny!

:lol::lol: you'll always be a kid at heart bud.

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
All4one said:
We all know that King and your PSP LMAO!!

I still play pacman and watch Tom and Jerry sometimes :mrgreen:

I have pacman on my iphone but I suck at it. Much better at Tetris!

I'm salivating over the coming of 3D televisions - I CAN'T WAIT FOR 3D PLAYSTATION!

B

Beenthere123

Lauren Summerhill said:
I'm salivating over the coming of 3D televisions

Don't buy it yet Lauren wait a year you'll pay half the price.

ralp

Reviewer
Joined May 2, 2010
Messages 106
I like to watch. Just watch life go by without the adult filter, and see what happens. A child-like observer.
Same thing when it comes to conversation. I like to let my mind float free of the stereo-types we develop as adults and say what comes to mind. I’m a non-linear thinker, so I get used to some odd glances :)
Unfortunately the “real world” requires I don’t let my imagination free as often as I’d like.

GenevieveLajoie

Joined Nov 11, 2009
Messages 297
My inner child is well and alive, and pops out mostly in my outlook on life, the universe and everything: like a child, I tend to trust people rather than expect the worst of them, and I've never lost my ability to look at the world with the wonder of a child.

The world would be a much better place to live in if so many people hadn't murdered their inner child.

Raiden

Reviewer
Joined Nov 6, 2009
Messages 6,565
Like King I keep my inner child alive by being a prankster. Iceman can attest to that.:lol: If you can't laugh life would be a bore.

athaire

Joined Apr 25, 2010
Messages 147
xbox 360

Listening to top 40 radio music

Hanging with the nieces and nephew's when they let this old fart.

Shamlessly flirting with every woman I see.

Watching anything Pixar on DVD, Cars is my fav.

flora.revel

Joined Dec 17, 2009
Messages 11
I take time to notice things that many of us get too "busy" to pay attention to. The smell of all the lilacs in my neighbourhood right now, the overwhelming bustle of Dundas/Spadina, the way the recent rainfall pools in indents in the road, the care someone put into that small graffiti stencil around the corner...

H

HOF

Practical Joke:

Many years ago, while on night shift, I went around to all the men's public washroom and placed saran wrap on under the toilet seats.

The next there was a message from the Deputy Superintendent to all staff members. He was not happy and was going to find out who did it.

I sent him an email and said, you should have pissed at the urinal jackass! He replied, you're getting my dry cleaning bill. I replied, OK pee pants! LMAO.

A few month's later, when I was on nights again. I put vaseline on all the seats in the women's public washrooms. LMAO

Those were the days!

SillyGirl

Queen of Boots and Cupcakes
Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
Nothing turns me into a kid again more than being around animals. Horseback riding, a good zoo, my cat, anyone's dog...put me in a petting zoo, I'm giddy.

I also share Lauren's fondness for Winnie the Pooh...not the coloring books, but the movies. and the stuffed animals.

smylee52

Joined Nov 16, 2009
Messages 558

I'm a guy. We never grow up . We play out games till we are on the wrong side of the grass . When we get to old to chase a puck or hit a golf ball then we wheel down to harbourfront and try to get a glimpse of the ladies panties in their summer dresses just like I used to do when I was 10 years old :lol:.

I

iceman_dci

As I'm having a good time with friends and family and all those around me laughing and smiling along with me and I look over to see my eldest looking at me with fondness and a warmth in her eyes that melts my heart everytime; she approaches me and gives me a hug with a whisper in my ear to tell me she loves me. That's what keeps me young and a kid at heart.

Jawbone

Joined Jan 26, 2010
Messages 951
I love playing Call of Duty on the SPS. My nephew and I have some real battles. Really brings back my childhood. I also enjoy playing ball hockey and soccer with the boys which helps to keep me young at heart.

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
Beenthere123 said:
Don't buy it yet Lauren wait a year you'll pay half the price.

I won't buy in until there are video games available.

My day-job requires a great deal of work with technology of various kinds. I live by the "Third Generation Rule".

The first model is practically a test model. With real world use they learn all the flaws. The second model costs less and has all the bugs worked out. The third model is a lot cheaper, runs smoothly and has all the improvements to make UI (user interface) manageable and perfects the functionality and design. Best of all they thrown in the cool stuff they've been holding off on purpose (planned obsolescence).

Always wait till the third generation.

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
Thank you Kyra!

Animals are fascinating. I love them, wild and domestic. They have so much to teach us, and they do a lot to keep the inner child alive. As brutal and shot as the natural world is, Play is integral. It's a way to prepare for the world. Play-fighting makes animals better hunters and territory defenders. Little girls play house, little boys play fireman, and cops and robbers. Yet to say there's more, that play as a biological entity that crafts your brain, allows species to cross boundaries. "It gives us a leg up on adaptability."

A state of Play, as an altered state is an interesting idea. Play allowing us to explore the possible, that takes us outside ourselves, and beyond what we normally feel is possible. Imagine that "play deprivation", the absence of play in your life, can make your psyche weak? And why not? It's liberating, it's relaxing - I'm not surprised to learn it stimulates the brain.

When he mentions play wanting to defeat gravity and shows the mountain goat picture it immediately brought the Pixar Short Film "Boundin" to mind, a great watch:

Another cool link: The National Institute for Play

Rules of the Red Rubber Ball:
Find and Sustain Your Life's Work

From Play to Innovation:
stanford.edu/class/engr280/

Raiden

Reviewer
Joined Nov 6, 2009
Messages 6,565
BT's been schooled by a girl on a video games :lol::lol:, sorry the inner child in me just escaped again.

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
Rayden said:
BT's been schooled by a girl on video games :lol::lol:, sorry the inner child in me just escaped again.

I take great pleasure in challenging teenboys to a game of Mortal Combat and violently destroying their character with all the secret combo moves. Heh.

Of course these days it's more likely to be God of War than Mortal Combat. Assassin's Creed was shockingly awesome.

The video game companies are making Plot Driven pieces that put action movies to shame. The characters are awesome, the graphics are stellar, the stories are engaging, and you get to shoot characters in the process. It's awesome entertainment :D

Raiden

Reviewer
Joined Nov 6, 2009
Messages 6,565
Well sweet lady are you challenging Rayden, God of Thunder from Mortal Kombat? FINISH HIM is my MO. Maybe at the Caerf party Dean would be nice enough to set up a game for you and I to go at it, gaming of course.:twisted: Perhaps a little side bet in place.:razz:

BT you just stand at a safe distance and watch how it's done.:lol:

About this Discussion

36 Replies
5K Views

CAERF Community

CAERF is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom