Made with Love

Workout Woes

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
SillyGirl said:
How do people get motivated to start working out again after a layoff? I guess "keep working out" would be the better question.

I realized over the weekend that if I had been doing even minimal abs work over the last few months, I would have a sixpack right now. Don't get me started about the flappedy-flap noise when I wave. :NoNoNo:

why get a 6 pack when you can get the whole case?

I too suffer from I just don't feel like working out

Blank_Dave

Reviewer
Joined Jan 6, 2010
Messages 1,780
SillyGirl said:
How do people get motivated to start working out again after a layoff? I guess "keep working out" would be the better question.

Now ask yourself how do people work out with injuries, like partial torn MCLs?
ZVcbD.gif

- - -

BANNED
Joined Jan 19, 2010
Messages 442
SillyGirl said:

I realized over the weekend that if I had been doing even minimal abs work over the last few months, I would have a sixpack right now. Don't get me started about the flappedy-flap noise when I wave. :NoNoNo:

Sentry and I have started doing this Squats Challenge where you start at 50 and basically go up by 20 everyday. When we got to 100 squats, we broke them into 5 sets of 20 and in between each set we did 10 pushups and 10 crunches. The goal is get to 260 squats ( 13 sets with the 10 pushups and crunchs in between). Then we we go the same up a pushup challange and the squats and crunches with be in between the set of pushups. It only takes about 20 to 25 min and its really helping with toning.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
3somesarethenewblack said:
Sentry and I have started doing this Squats Challenge where you start at 50 and basically go up by 20 everyday. When we got to 100 squats, we broke them into 5 sets of 20 and in between each set we did 10 pushups and 10 crunches. The goal is get to 260 squats ( 13 sets with the 10 pushups and crunchs in between). Then we we go the same up a pushup challange and the squats and crunches with be in between the set of pushups. It only takes about 20 to 25 min and its really helping with toning.

wow, you do this every day?? Impressive!

It's funny you should say this, I was thinking yesterday of changing my legs workout to include squats. Oh how I hate them, but love the results.

On the plus side, after one day of crunches and one day of hula hoop, I'm completely convinced I'm getting abs. Woot woot! :Dancing:

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Bump

Bump

People who don't wipe down the gym machines after they use them should be forced to bathe in a pool of other peoples' germs.

Just sayin'. :grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr:

Top Bottom