Made with Love

Workout Woes

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Blissful said:
I needed to change my times at the gym from early morning to evenings......Damn trainer says I socialize too much........I love doing my legs.... it is my abs that I hate doing but I have been told that it is all diet for them........:bad: The trainer put it this way more protein and all the other foods are carbs......to make it easier for my simple brain...... So to build my muscle after my work out I need Protein.....

I always have to remind myself that no amount of exercise can make up for bad eating. I've been on the Stress diet, which works by making me tense enough to not be able to eat.

The only leg thing I like doing is, um, I think it's adduction? I'm not sure if that's the right name. Today I just did some crunches. Oh and i played with the hula hoop to see how long I could keep it going around my knees, but my hoops are both ridged on the inside and the ridges really hurt on the outside of my knees, so I didn't keep it going very long. I once thought about getting an un-ridged hoop too, but HOF says owning three hula hoops would make men think I'm crazy. Is that true? :neutral:

Dan if you pick up a dumbbell and smack the little brat upside the head with it, problem solved. :bad:

Transient

Joined Oct 25, 2011
Messages 10,801
SillyGirl said:
...HOF says owning three hula hoops would make men think I'm crazy. Is that true? :neutral:

Depends on the manner in which they find out about them...do you have a choreographer? :) Tough to stuff dollar bills in your g-string with 3 hoops going!

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Transient said:
Depends on the manner in which they find out about them...do you have a choreographer? :) Tough to stuff dollar bills in your g-string with 3 hoops going!

LOL, um no there is no choreography involved. Although now you've got me wondering if I could keep the two I have going at the same time, they are different sizes so I wonder if that would work?

I'll try it tomorrow and file a report. :tongue:

-b

BANNED
Joined Aug 27, 2011
Messages 8,826
SillyGirl said:
I always have to remind myself that no amount of exercise can make up for bad eating. I've been on the Stress diet, which works by making me tense enough to not be able to eat.

The only leg thing I like doing is, um, I think it's adduction? I'm not sure if that's the right name. Today I just did some crunches. Oh and i played with the hula hoop to see how long I could keep it going around my knees, but my hoops are both ridged on the inside and the ridges really hurt on the outside of my knees, so I didn't keep it going very long. I once thought about getting an un-ridged hoop too, but HOF says owning three hula hoops would make men think I'm crazy. Is that true? :neutral:

Ok, never did hula hoops, are they done naked? The last time I played hula hoop was when I was 8. Legs are important they are your main muscle.....you need to build them up for when you get older.....

Transient

Joined Oct 25, 2011
Messages 10,801
SillyGirl said:
I'll try it tomorrow and file a report. :tongue:

Make sure your breakables are out of range. Good luck with the two hoops. This could progress to become a youtube sensation...after mastering three hoops the next step is flaming hoops! :)

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Blissful said:
Ok, never did hula hoops, are they done naked? The last time I played hula hoop was when I was 8. Legs are important they are your main muscle.....you need to build them up for when you get older.....

hehehe...I did do it naked for one of my FBs once, he liked it. But when it's just for the ab work I just wear a light shirt, a sweatshirt is too bulky.

I'm already older. :frown:

Transient said:
Make sure your breakables are out of range. Good luck with the two hoops. This could progress to become a youtube sensation...after mastering three hoops the next step is flaming hoops!

I just went to make a cup of tea and while I was waiting for the water to heat I grabbed the hoops and I'm pleased to report that both will stay up even though they're different sizes, they just have to go fast. I'll try six minutes with both tomorrow and see if my back objects to the extra weight and speed.

I'm lucky my living room is big enough to not break things. One time at a pool party in the Falls I was trying to do one on my arm and i lost it, and it went flying through the air and almost hit someone's very-nice car. I was very glad it missed.

Flaming hoops would be cool! But how could you keep the flames off you? Maybe if there was fringe and only the ends were lit, but then the flame would go out from the spin. :neutral:

Transient

Joined Oct 25, 2011
Messages 10,801
She's one hot babe! :p

As long as the hoop is continually moving I don't think there is a fear of ignition. That and it looks like the flames are on little outriggers away from the riding edge of the hoop.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Transient said:
She's one hot babe! :p

As long as the hoop is continually moving I don't think there is a fear of ignition. That and it looks like the flames are on little outriggers away from the riding edge of the hoop.

Just amazing. I'm trying to figure out how she keeps it at her hips...I'll be playing with it tomorrow. :tongue:

Transient

Joined Oct 25, 2011
Messages 10,801
Please sign and submit the waiver below.

I SillyGirl, absolve Transient of any injuries incurred while attempting hula techniques that should be performed by professionals only.

X_____________________________

good luck

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Transient said:
Please sign and submit the waiver below.

I SillyGirl, absolve Transient of any injuries incurred while attempting hula techniques that should be performed by professionals only.

X_____________________________

good luck

oh hell no, if I hurt myself i will completely blame you. :tongue::tongue:

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
I have a question about resting for 30 seconds between sets. Is 30 seconds a minimum, or is it important to not rest for too long?

I'm asking because I always feel like I'm wasting time, and I was wondering if I could do a set of another part while the first part is resting.

I ate cheesecake for lunch today.

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
In between periods at the Sens game so here goes.

If you don't want to rest in between sets and want a higher metabolic response and thus burn more calories/energy,then.

Alternate between opposing muscle groups.

Such as chest/back, quads/hams, Bi's/tri's.

Just rest for as long as it takes to get to the next exercise. Once the 2nd exercise is completed then return to the first.

Complete 3 or 4 cycles of for example bench presses/ bent over rows and then go on to a completely different grouping.

This will speed your workout up considerably as well

Dan

Reviewer
Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 3,160
Maurice Boscorelli said:

If you don't want to rest in between sets and want a higher metabolic response and thus burn more calories/energy,then.

Just rest for as long as it takes to get to the next exercise. Once the 2nd exercise is completed then return to the first.

Complete 3 or 4 cycles of for example bench presses/ bent over rows and then go on to a completely different grouping.

I am guessing this would be great for getting ripped MB?

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
Dan said:
I am guessing this would be great for getting ripped MB?

It lends itself certainly toward that goal.

But getting leaner depends so much more on nutritional input than the actual type of training done, in my opinion anyways.

It's worth remembering the lighter the resistance used the less time that is needed for recuperation and the opposite holds true for using heavier loads.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Maurice Boscorelli said:

Thank you Maurice, that's exactly what I was hoping you would say. :kissed:

By nutritional input do you mean protein? ahahaha I started to type carbs instead of protein, I've been wanting pasta all day. :rofl!:

I've given myself a month to get buff, it's doable if I pay attention and focus. No weight to lose, I just want my muscle definition back.

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
SillyGirl said:
Thank you Maurice, that's exactly what I was hoping you would say. :kissed:

By nutritional input do you mean protein? ahahaha I started to type carbs instead of protein, I've been wanting pasta all day. :rofl!:

I've given myself a month to get buff, it's doable if I pay attention and focus. No weight to lose, I just want my muscle definition back.

The protein requirement issue is controversial.

Body builders swear by the 1-2 grams / lb of body weight criteria.

The American Dietetic Association will say that athletes need far less than those amounts.

My feeling is that one should try to eat some protein at each meal not go ovecommunity.

Remember we cannot store protein and during times of physical stress (working out) the body literally chews up protein.

With respect to carbs there isn't any daily minimum requirement. We can survive without them but the same cannot be said with respect to protein and fat.

Bottom line if you want to get leaner concentrate on changing the macronutrient profile of what you eat as opposed to just lowering your calories.

When it comes to an open system like our bodies are, calories in do not equal calories out.

Therefore to say just exercise more and eat less to lose body fat would be incorrect.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
I don't know what a macronutrient profile is or how to change it. If most of what I eat is either fruit, salad, chicken, turkey or cheese, is that ok?

How big an issue is the sugar in the sweet tea? Hello, my name is SillyGirl, and I'm a sweet teaaholic. :blush:

Thanks for all of your help, Maurice.

About this Discussion

364 Replies
57K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom