Made with Love

Workout Woes

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
bitch, whine, moan, complain

bitch, whine, moan, complain

Some days it's very tempting to let my Inner Fat Girl do the grocery shopping...pudding is on sale today.

But I suppose it's bad enough that she drove us to McD's this morning. I need signs up all over the place to remind me that no amount of exercise can make up for bad eating.

I'm really bad at saying No to myself. :no:

How can I figure out how many crunches equals a minute of hula hoop?

peace

Reviewer
Joined Dec 23, 2010
Messages 29,067
SillyGirl said:
I'm tired of crunches, and squats, and weights, and the hula hoop. I'm especially tired of cantalope, and bananas, and salad.

I'd complain more, but i'm going out to lunch at my new favorite restaurant and I have to find my sweatpants.

....luckily I love salads, bananas (not what you are thinking), cantalope and many other fruits and vegertables...my body crave them....yet when i eat junk food except for vickies chips and icecream, my body has a bad reaction to it....nice eh...lol

H

HOF

SILLYGIRL

SILLYGIRL

Stop sitting on the couch with cats, get that roll of motivation that I gave you out, and exercise so the arthritis doesn't get worse! :great:

Blank_Dave

Reviewer
Joined Jan 6, 2010
Messages 1,780
HOF, shoot me a roll of motivation too. Been feeling rather blah the last couple of days, and it's showing in the work outs... Then again, I'm also getting my one bike back today. :)

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
peace said:
so no cupcakes from sprinkles? ( you can actually order them...) :)

Tease, now you're just being mean. No cupcakes, no swiss rolls, no McDs. sigh.

oddball said:
Hula hooping burns about 200 calories every 30 minutes.
Crunches burn around 20 calories every 100.

So 15 min. of hoop burns 100 calories, approximately 7 cal/min.
5 crunches burn one calorie. 35 crunches would burn 7 calories.
35 crunches = 1 hoop minute.

Thanks, Oddball, I've been trying to figure that out for a long time. :great: Do we thiink it matters if the crunches are straight up or to the side? I don't see why it would. It might matter a little which hoop I'm using, but I'm not gonna make myself crazy trying to figure out the difference.

This morning I tried an ab machine at the gym. My back hurts now, so I know I did it wrong. I'll just stick with the crunches and hoop. :eek:uch:

HOF said:
Stop sitting on the couch with cats, get that roll of motivation that I gave you out, and exercise so the arthritis doesn't get worse!

I did get the quarters out, and I am plotting how I will hurt you with them. I promise you won't see it coming. F**k you Asshole seriously, the day will come when you deeply regret what you did.

Blank_Dave said:
HOF, shoot me a roll of motivation too. Been feeling rather blah the last couple of days, and it's showing in the work outs... Then again, I'm also getting my one bike back today.

Some days all you can do is show up. You don't lose credit for not enjoying it...I hope. Hopefully soon it will be warm enough for bikeriding.

This picture makes me laugh. :tongue:

BWJH9.jpg

peace

Reviewer
Joined Dec 23, 2010
Messages 29,067
sillygirl...great news...

sillygirl...great news...

Interesting statistic....

sillygirl..you should check out Starbucks' new mini desserts....they are becoming quite popular. I even tasted 2 of them....delicious. are you intrigued? or you going to stick with "66 calories per hour for an average, 145-pound person" hugs.....

ps. teasing is good for your endorphins. :):)

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
To the calorie counters of the world.

This method of of losing unwanted body fat is primed for failure.

I subscribed to the 3500 cal equals a pound theory for years ( and thus calories in equals calories out).

It completely disregards the laws of thermo dynamics.

Starchy carbs and sugar are the enemy. Protein and healthy fats ( yes even saturated) are your friend.

Eat real food not processed food.

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
peace said:
Very true Maurice...plus drink plenty of water and do your exercises.....and you will be perceived as huggable. :)

I'm debating the plenty of water theory as well lately as it interferes with digestion.

I guess what I am saying is that some people have gone ovecommunity on the drink lots of water concept.

Next I'm going to read The Dolce Diet where he is a fan of drinking 3 gallons of water a day. See what he has to say and how it applies to weight and fat loss.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
How does one hug someone for an hour without it turning into sex? :neutral:

I've given myself 8 weeks to lose 10 lbs., it seems doable. I need to start running consistently, that will be a first for me. Also cut down on the coffee and tea, because I use an obscene amount of sugar. Doing that will make me drink more water, which I don't think can hurt even if it doesn't particularly help.

Do we think it would help to start eating breakfast? blech I hate to eat when I first get up, but I've heard more than once it makes a big difference.

Also, a friend of mine says I'm not eating enough to lose weight. This sounds like one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard, but by the time she was done explaining it almost made sense. I think she underestimates how much I eat because I only eat a little at one time...it's more like grazing. I shrank my stomach when I lost weight a few years ago, and I think it's better to keep it this way.

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
oddball said:
There are websites that calculate the number of calories you should be eating to maintain your ideal body weight. Like this one...

Like Maurice stated, 3500 calories = 1lb of weight loss.
So, if each exercise routine burns 350 calories, you need 10 sessions to lose 1lb. Considering you are staying on the target calorie intake. Safe and easy weight loss (easy, in theory anyhow).

Actually I refuted the 3500 cal = 1lb concept. the laws of thermo dynamics just don't support this theory.

Also there isn't one source that can be found that states how this theory came to be. Zoe Harcombe in her book ''The obesity epidemic'' deals with this in depth and I highly suggest anyone reading this. https://www.zoeharcombe.com/

Seeing as we are not a closed system but an open system any calorie counting system is doomed to failure.

The water theory is that it dilutes the natural digestive enzymes that we use during digestion. One proponent of this theory is Aajonus Vonderplanitz and he explains it in his book ''WE Want To Live''. He is a wholistic practitioner ( it says I'm spelling wholistic wrong but that is how it is spelled in his book) whose theories are at odds with the current system of medical thought.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Breakfast issue?

ugh, I really don't want to do that.

Is it better for my ass to run backwards on the elliptical? It seems like it would be, it does seem to shift the work to the back.

SFwuA.jpg

:tongue:

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
oddball said:
I still subscribe to the "eat less, exercise more" method of healthy weight loss. (although, I tend to cancel and renew that subscription way too much)

The eat less and exercise more theory is an antiquated idea that is completely debunked in Zoe Harcombe's research.

The major key to fat loss and weight management is through controlling insulin levels.

This can be obtained through the food choices we make, not through eating less per se.

Exercise is highly overrated as a means of weight and fat loss.

listen like you my whole background is in kinesiology and later through practical application of the methods I had learned.

I have aided in the training of hundreds of individuals over past 25 years or so. The one thing that I always see when I walk into a gym is that most of the members are out of shape. No matter how much exercise they do they never seem to change.

This because they spend little to no effort learning how to eat properly or they are buying to the ''Food Guide or Pyramid"' propaganda that we are being brainwashed with.

And Sillygirl yes breakfast is very important and should never be skipped. Did you know how Sumo wrestlers gain their tremendous weight? That's right they skip breakfast and consume two huge carb meals a day.

peace

Reviewer
Joined Dec 23, 2010
Messages 29,067
....always eat your breakfast .....and you make it worse by skipping 2 meals and then pigging out before you go to bed.

so maurice..does chinese medicine work? For example does nan bao work as effectively as Viagara......

Personally I use hugs to keep my sexual organ working...

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Maurice Boscorelli said:
And Sillygirl yes breakfast is very important and should never be skipped. Did you know how Sumo wrestlers gain their tremendous weight? That's right they skip breakfast and consume two huge carb meals a day.

Boo hiss. How soon after I get up do I have to eat for it to be considered breakfast?

and can I get away with a protein shake, or does it have to be real food? :arf:

Top Bottom