Made with Love

Workout Woes

C

Cycleguy007

SillyGirl said:
LOL...thanks CG...um, have you done business with that site, are they legit? Strap-ons really aren't my thing, but I am needing some other stuff. :tongue:
Ummm no.. not yet... :???: :shock:

But Mrs. CG's Birthday is coming up, so you never know! She did happen to mention the other day while pursuing through a Stag Shop... a remote vibrating egg might be fun to play with!

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
ChaosTheory said:
lol SG.

That is right, if it does not hurt it probably ain't broke. But it still needs recovery time... remember not to over train.

Squats are simply awesome for legs. It is pretty much all encompassing utilizing the entire leg.
It mainly targets the quads (included outer thigh) and secondarily targets the inner thigh

Inner thigh: Synergistic action - more specifically the Adductor magnus muscle - pretty much that big muscle you feel at the upper most portion of your inner thigh. (there is another muscle on top of that call the gracilis)

Outer thigh: Target - Quadraceps - This bad boy is made up of 4 muscle hence the 'Quad' portion of the name. The outer most, lateral, muscle is the vastus lateralis or externus. It is located more anterolateral. And makes up the lateral (outer) portion of your sexy thigh :)
If you were to place your hand smack dab (I have ever used that term before) on the side of your leg that is the tensor fascia lata..mainly tissue (fascia) and tendon (tensor)

Here are the mucsles the squat works along with their role in the movement:

Target: Quadriceps - all four
Synergists: Gluteus Maximus (butt), Adductor Magnus, Soleus (deep calf)
Dynamic Stabilizers: Hamstrings, Gastrocnemius (superfical calf)
Stabilizers: Erector Spinae (back along spine)
Antagonist Stabilizers: Rectus Abdominis (abs), Obliques

If you wanted to target the inner thigh more directly and involve the other inner thigh muscles you could try any movement inwhich your leg is brought to midline starting from it extended to the side.

Wow, thanks for all the info.

The squats are funny, I feel it in the front and back but not the sides. I think I'll add back in the ankleweight stuff I was doing for those before. How many squats are enough? Been doing three sets but I think I need four. :???:

Randy, thanks, I think I'll just order the strap-ons online. I hate shopping.

CG...hehehehe...funnest toy ever! :tongue:

ChaosTheory

Reviewer
Joined Mar 28, 2010
Messages 2,346
SillyGirl said:
The squats are funny, I feel it in the front and back but not the sides. I think I'll add back in the ankleweight stuff I was doing for those before. How many squats are enough? Been doing three sets but I think I need four. :???:

The "most productive amount of repetitions" really depends on your goals, be it power, strength, endurance, if you are using your body weight or additional weight like dumbbells or a barbell.
Do you want those wheels to grow or "tone".

For Example
Power: Heavy days: 3-4 reps, light days: 5-6 reps - with weight...like the Olympic bar
Strength program: Heavy days: 6-8 reps, light days: 10-12 reps
Endurance / strength program: Heavy days: 8-10 reps, light days: 12-15 reps or Heavy days: 6-9 reps, light days: 10-15 reps
Endurance - Heavy days: 20-30 reps, light days: 40-50 reps

In most cases the weight used is a calculated percentage of the amount of wieght you can do 1 rep with or the 1 rep max (1RM)

Studies have shown that results can be achieved with 1 set...but with conditions. The norm is between 3-5. Whatever you can tolerate and that which gives you a good pump and challenges those muscles to improve preformance/size/strength.

Squats will definitely work the outside muscle.
I have actually felt it more using leg presses, or leg extensions with legs more together and toes slightly inverted for that extra focus but that is not necessary.

a 1 player

Joined Jun 6, 2010
Messages 4,904
I used to really like going to the gym, and used to go five days a week religiously. Now though, with kids, shift work, and more responsibility than ever, I find it a heck of a challenge just getting there. Now I still stay active, but do more family oriented activities, hiking, bike riding, basketball, and I still love me skateboard. Not quite the exercise I crave, but still better than nothing.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
ChaosTheory said:
The "most productive amount of repetitions" really depends on your goals, be it power, strength, endurance, if you are using your body weight or additional weight like dumbbells or a barbell.
Do you want those wheels to grow or "tone".

For Example
Power: Heavy days: 3-4 reps, light days: 5-6 reps - with weight...like the Olympic bar
Strength program: Heavy days: 6-8 reps, light days: 10-12 reps
Endurance / strength program: Heavy days: 8-10 reps, light days: 12-15 reps or Heavy days: 6-9 reps, light days: 10-15 reps
Endurance - Heavy days: 20-30 reps, light days: 40-50 reps

In most cases the weight used is a calculated percentage of the amount of wieght you can do 1 rep with or the 1 rep max (1RM)

Studies have shown that results can be achieved with 1 set...but with conditions. The norm is between 3-5. Whatever you can tolerate and that which gives you a good pump and challenges those muscles to improve preformance/size/strength.

Squats will definitely work the outside muscle.
I have actually felt it more using leg presses, or leg extensions with legs more together and toes slightly inverted for that extra focus but that is not necessary.

I'm not using additional weight. I'm not looking to bulk up, just tone it.

Gravity is such an unrelenting opponent. :mad:

a 1 player said:
I used to really like going to the gym, and used to go five days a week religiously. Now though, with kids, shift work, and more responsibility than ever, I find it a heck of a challenge just getting there. Now I still stay active, but do more family oriented activities, hiking, bike riding, basketball, and I still love me skateboard. Not quite the exercise I crave, but still better than nothing.

The only time I actually go to the gym is to do cardio, which is, um, never. Unless I'm trying to quit smoking, when running it off is the only thing that almost-guarantees the safety of everyone around me.

Everything else I do at home...a mat, hoop, hand and ankle weights, and there's nothing else I need.

randygirl said:
It's raining here, and I'm eating a chocolate bar, drinking a pepsi and watching a movie, instead of exercising.​

I had McD's hashbrowns for breakfast. Again. :shock:

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
Worst diet day ever:

-Bacon/eggs/hashbrowns for breakfast (at least they didn't give me a shit load of potatoes)

- large caramilk bar and pepsi.

- Approximately four crisp swedish toasts with margarine

- Er...bacon and mayonnaise sandwich

- another pepsi.

:( Not sure how many calories, but this is definitely an unhealthy diet day for me!!!

And as of yet, no exercise. SG...make me feel better by telling me that you ate a pan full of brownies or something like that. (btw, I totally dig the comment about the McDs hashbrowns. lol)

a 1 player

Joined Jun 6, 2010
Messages 4,904
randygirl said:
Worst diet day ever:

-Bacon/eggs/hashbrowns for breakfast (at least they didn't give me a shit load of potatoes)

- another pepsi.

:( Not sure how many calories, but this is definitely an unhealthy diet day for me!!!

And as of yet, no exercise. SG...make me feel better by telling me that you ate a pan full of brownies or something like that. (btw, I totally dig the comment about the McDs hashbrowns. lol)
damn, a day of comfort food. Sounds like the BEST diet day ever.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
randygirl said:
Worst diet day ever:

- another pepsi.

No brownies, but I did have McDs for breakfast again. And bluecheese dressing on salad later...not that lowfat crap, either.

Today I added back in the adduction and abduction, on the mat, and I think abduction is how I got that pain in my side the other day. I was doing the exact same thing I've done a bajillion times before, why would it hurt now?

Then, i was dong squats and my knee started to hurt. No, it wasn't going past my toe. I was gonna finish them anyway then thought...I have enough body parts that hurt on a regular basis, I don't need knee trouble. So I stopped, but don't really know why it hurt today when it didn't the other day.

Ordered the strap-ons online. Today again was just triceps, I don't mind those at all.

No hoop, but 360 crunches.

a 1 player said:
damn, a day of comfort food. Sounds like the BEST diet day ever.

You got me thinking, that's probably why I've been so tense lately. No junk food just isn't that natural way of things for me.

There are moments when I'd do bad, bad things for a swiss roll. :shock:

x7w7A.jpg

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
well the arm weights are here, and if I had an ounce of ambition right now I'd strap them on and file my report. But that's not the case, so I'll let you know tomorrow. :tongue:

4orO0.jpg

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Thank you Randy, I love the strap-ons! Had to do more reps than usual cause they're lighter than my handweights, but no wrist pain at all. :)

I tried something new this morning, crunches with my feet in the air. ouch, that was silly.

xnMvD.jpg

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Pointless!!!

Pointless!!!

This is one of those days when it all just seems like a big waste of time and effort. What's the point? I'm not looking for a man, and since I've raised masturbation to an art form, I think I can get by without one. This is all like spending hours maintaining a car that has voluntarily garaged itself.

sigh...I quit, I'm done. I'm just gonna put on my fat-suit and go buy some swiss rolls. :mad:

0c3na.jpg

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
Well, I am glad you like the strap ons! I was fairly sure that they would help with your wrists, so that is all good!

NOW, as for this other business...I'm totally with you. I think it has been a week since I've exercised. :( I don't want to think about it. Thank goodness I haven't been partaking in any swiss rolls, or anything terribly sweet for that matter.

There is a point to this exercise. (Namely, reducing risk of heart disease and stroke, and fitting into your skinny jeans.) HOWEVER, you are allowed to forget about those reasons for a while.

If you put your vibrator down and switched to masturbating manually you would burn more calories. Just sayin'...

Top Bottom