Made with Love

Workout Woes

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Cycleguy007 said:
(I'm not much for Wheaties... but over the years, my aggressive cycling schedule has really helped with stamina... )

oooh...yea, baby. LOLOL

TGmmk.jpg

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Fixed what? are my pics not showing up?

sigh...I've been avoiding the whole new pic posting process cause I thought the way I was doing it was working.

C

Cycleguy007

SillyGirl said:
Fixed what? are my pics not showing up?

sigh...I've been avoiding the whole new pic posting process cause I thought the way I was doing it was working.
Your pics are showing up just fine SG... I simply altered the original pic... have another look... or grab your glasses...

UbT9y.jpg

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
I don't think the 48-hour thing is a good idea after all. I need to get consistent, and that's too much time off in between...so I guess I'll split things up and do abs one day, arms/legs/ass the next.

I hope that Abs thread goes all summer, cause that's what finally made me hit the mat today. There's just no real reason I can't have abs like that, I just have to earn them.

If anyone has any thoughts on how to figure out how many crunches would equal one minute of hulahoop, I'd love to hear them. It's like there's X amount of ab work I consider the minimum, but I'm not sure if I'm switching things around equally.

Does that even make sense?

This morning I found out they're rearranging my grocery store, and I accidentally walked by the Swiss Rolls. It was a narrow escape, they're so delicious!

ChaosTheory

Reviewer
Joined Mar 28, 2010
Messages 2,346
SillyGirl said:
I don't think the 48-hour thing is a good idea after all. I need to get consistent, and that's too much time off in between...so I guess I'll split things up and do abs one day, arms/legs/ass the next.

lol
SG, the abs are made up of the same muscle fibres as every other muscle therefore should be trained and have sufficient recovery the same way as other muscle groups to see results. Otherwise one will over train, progress will be hampered.

Acute over-training leads to: muscle worked to exhaustion, traumatic orthopedic injury
Chronic: muscle becomes weaker over time, orthopedic overuse injury

Over training as per our friends at wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtraining
Overtraining is a physical, behavioral and emotional condition that occurs when the volume and intensity of an individual's exercise exceeds their recovery capacity. They cease making progress, and can even begin to lose strength and fitness. Overtraining is a common problem in weight training, but it can also be experienced by runners and other athletes. Overtraining may also refer to the body's ability to not repair muscle tissue, before its broken down again.

It is common practice to work those abs out 2 times a week, but do cardio every day to see those abs.
remember, we all have abs..but we have this layer of that sick yellow fat stuff (that is what it looks like in the body..yummy) covering it.
So getting abs is 2 fold, developing the muscle and removing the covering.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
ChaosTheory said:
lol
SG, the abs are made up of the same muscle fibres as every other muscle therefore should be trained and have sufficient recovery the same way as other muscle groups to see results. Otherwise one will over train, progress will be hampered.

Acute over-training leads to: muscle worked to exhaustion, traumatic orthopedic injury
Chronic: muscle becomes weaker over time, orthopedic overuse injury

Over training as per our friends at wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtraining

It is common practice to work those abs out 2 times a week, but do cardio every day to see those abs.
remember, we all have abs..but we have this layer of that sick yellow fat stuff (that is what it looks like in the body..yummy) covering it.
So getting abs is 2 fold, developing the muscle and removing the covering.

LOLOL, I'm pretty sure over-training is the least of my worries. I know what you mean about the fat, that's what I meant when I said the sixpack was easier last year when I was too skinny. (Don't yell at me, Paris, I've done my time in Fat Camp. Lots of time. :mrgreen:)

I'm glad you said twice a week is enough, I've been aiming for three or four so two will feel like vacation. Even though it seems like it will take longer to get them back the way I like them. It did help that I woke up a little Fluffy this morning, that's motivating.

I was thinking about someone said how important it is to change things up, and that I'd like to spend less time working out, so I started looking for exercises that work a lot of things at once. This morning I rediscovered squats, and they're not as horrible as I remembered them being. I wasn't sure how many to do with it being a new thing...I went with three sets of ten, and I feel it a little.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Tomorrow morning I'm going to the grocery store. I'm buying sugar, brownie mix, chocolate chips, peppermint patties, and two cans of frosting.

F5UAj.jpg

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
randygirl said:
By the way, SG...

You should share that recipe for us chocolate craving lunatics...

oh, it's easy....add a 12oz bag of chocolate chips to the brownie mix. You'll need to bake a little longer, cause they make the batter thicker. Nine minutes before they're done, take them out and put a layer of peppermint patties on top. Swirl a knife through the melted patties when they're done, it's like frosting.

One of these days I'm gonna try them with peanutbutter cups on top instead of peppermint patties....not sure how well those will melt.

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
SillyGirl said:
oh, it's easy....add a 12oz bag of chocolate chips to the brownie mix. You'll need to bake a little longer, cause they make the batter thicker. Nine minutes before they're done, take them out and put a layer of peppermint patties on top. Swirl a knife through the melted patties when they're done, it's like frosting.

One of these days I'm gonna try them with peanutbutter cups on top instead of peppermint patties....not sure how well those will melt.

Er...are the two cans of frosting you are buying for snacking on before the peppermint patty brownies are done? :lol:

I think the peanut butter cups will melt sufficiently to make a frosting.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
randygirl said:
Er...are the two cans of frosting you are buying for snacking on before the peppermint patty brownies are done? :lol:

I think the peanut butter cups will melt sufficiently to make a frosting.

um, err, why yes that's exactly what they would've been for...if I had actually bought them, instead of the stupid cottage cheese and celery.

Frosting is delicious! I miss it so much.....:cry:

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
lmao @ cottage cheese...I'm on the cottage cheese too. Although I don't mind it, it's definitely not frosting. :cry: Wouldn't the world be a perfect place if cottage cheese tasted like frosting?!

I usually have cottage cheese and some type of fruit for breakfast.

I wish it tasted like frosting. (sad now...) lol

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
randygirl said:
lmao @ cottage cheese...I'm on the cottage cheese too. Although I don't mind it, it's definitely not frosting. :cry: Wouldn't the world be a perfect place if cottage cheese tasted like frosting?!

I usually have cottage cheese and some type of fruit for breakfast.

I wish it tasted like frosting. (sad now...) lol

I've rewarded myself for not buying frosting by ordering pizza.

Do a google on Odwalla Chocolate Protein Monster, if you can buy them near you I highly recommend them. Very very chocolatey.

My quads hurt from those squats yesterday. :cry:

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
So, I would like to thank SillyGirl here. Earlier in this thread, she said something along the lines of "I could have done 240 crunches in the time it took me to write this." or something to that effect.

My workout has been getting easy lately, so I decided to really amp up the ab work that I do. Remembering that comment, I thought it would be a great idea to throw in a couple of hundred crunches...

To my complete and utter dismay, I can only do 80 crunches before my muscles cramp up and it is impossible, IMPOSSIBLE to do another.

Which totally reinforces that I absolutely (no pun) NEED to do ab work, and simultaneously bursting my bubble.

Why, oh why, did I think I could get even CLOSE to 240 crunches?!

:eek:uch: (If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of me crashing back to earth!) lol

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
randygirl said:
So, I would like to thank SillyGirl here. Earlier in this thread, she said something along the lines of "I could have done 240 crunches in the time it took me to write this." or something to that effect.

My workout has been getting easy lately, so I decided to really amp up the ab work that I do. Remembering that comment, I thought it would be a great idea to throw in a couple of hundred crunches...

To my complete and utter dismay, I can only do 80 crunches before my muscles cramp up and it is impossible, IMPOSSIBLE to do another.

Which totally reinforces that I absolutely (no pun) NEED to do ab work, and simultaneously bursting my bubble.

Why, oh why, did I think I could get even CLOSE to 240 crunches?!

:eek:uch: (If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of me crashing back to earth!) lol

I'm not sure if I should say "you're welcome" or "sorry". LOL hon no one starts out doing them by the hundreds, I hope you will cut yourself some slack.

I split mine...1/3 straight up, 1/3 to the left, 1/3 to the right. Each of those sections then gets split again...1/3 full reps going back to the mat each time, 2/3 those little ones where you keep your shoulders off the mat for the whole set. Sets of 20.

Try a hulahoop, it works everything at the same time. I'm working on figuring out how many crunches would equal one minute of hoop. I counted revolutions the other day and it was about 80 per minute, but I'm still trying to figure out how many revolutions would it take to equal one crunch? :???:

r8tMf.jpg

About this Discussion

364 Replies
57K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom