Made with Love

Workout Woes

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
So I've been traveling quite a bit for the last couple of weeks, and while I was doing that I completely abandoned even the illusion of a workout routine. Now I'm home, wishing for a box of Swiss Rolls and some chocolate frosting, wondering why it's always so hard for me to get back into the workout habit after a break?

It's not like I don't have motivation...I have to bathing-suit shop. I hate all shopping, but this is definitely the worst kind. :eek:

All I want are arms that don't make a flappedy-flap noise when I wave, a tight ass, and sixpack abs. The ridiculous part is that I don't have to kill myself to have these things...I just have to be consistent. Although the abs were a lot easier last year when I was too skinny...but maintaining them is the only way to justify the small fortune I spent on bellybutton jewelry, so it's a good thing I like crunches.

Well apparently I don't like them enough to actually do any today, but I'm letting that slide because I did do abs yesterday. Isn't a day off between workouts a good thing?

aarrggghhh, the mind games I play with myself to not get started...rivaled only by the ones that go on when I try to quit smoking, but I guess that's another thread.

I could've done 240 assorted crunches in the time I've spent writing this. Why is it so hard to get back in the habit? :rolleyes:

Raiden

Reviewer
Joined Nov 6, 2009
Messages 6,563
Do you also notice that when you are following a strict workout routine, dieting comes easy. As soon as you stop working out, the Twinkie and Apple Fritter cravings start immediately.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Rayden said:
Do you also notice that when you are following a strict workout routine, dieting comes easy. As soon as you stop working out, the Twinkie and Apple Fritter cravings start immediately.

I hadn't even thought about Twinkies. Once I ran across some with banana cream in the middle, they were awesome. :D

You're right, it's easier to not think about the deliciousness of junk food when you're taking active steps to sculpt things.

Still thinking about Twinkies. and brownies with chocolate chips on the inside and peppermint patties melted on top. and bavarian cream donuts.

The salad I'm having for dinner is gonna totally suck.

C

Cycleguy007

Fortunately I do not have any sort of sweet tooth. Twinkies/ donuts/ chocolate/ peppermint patties and chocolate chip cookies all make my teeth curl. :eek:

I have a bit of a weakness for dutch licorice and maybe a bit of ice cream on rare occasions, but my real kryptonite is banana splits!

(I think you know what I mean... )

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
rodman11 said:
Twinkies anyone mention Twinkies ?

omg! you've completely ruined Twinkies for me! :eek: :eek:

I wouldn't have thought that possible.

oddball said:
I know for me, overcoming the everyday inertia is the main challenge to working out. There is always something else that requires attention. And never have the the yummy bad-for-you food in the house, don't even bring it it in. I have a tremendous sweet tooth so, don't even have it in the vicinity.

Are we twins? I do the same thing about the food...the only chocolate I keep around are protein shakes. If there's junk here, I won't eat anything else until it's gone.

The inertia factor also counts for me...body in motion, i guess. Or not.

R5ATl.jpg

B

Beenthere123

oddball said:
Uh-oh insert picture that curls the toes of toughb.

I know for me, overcoming the everyday inertia is the main challenge to working out. There is always something else that requires attention. And never have the the yummy bad-for-you food in the house, don't even bring it it in. I have a tremendous sweet tooth so, don't even have it in the vicinity.

Oddball may I ask who you are, another CG friend?

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
SillyGirl said:
Are we twins? I do the same thing about the food...the only chocolate I keep around are protein shakes. If there's junk here, I won't eat anything else until it's gone.

The inertia factor also counts for me...body in motion, i guess. Or not.

omg, Sillygirl. That is me to a tee. I just can NOT have junk in the house. One time, in a fit of stress and insanity, I lived on chocolate ice cream for three whole weeks. I ate nothing else...how terrible is that?

I am very happy with my body, but I know that if I don't watch it, it's so damn easy for me to get fat. :(

Hallelujah for whey protein shakes...and my Magic Bullet (the blender, not the sex toy.. ya bunch of pervs! lol)

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
randygirl said:
omg, Sillygirl. That is me to a tee. I just can NOT have junk in the house. One time, in a fit of stress and insanity, I lived on chocolate ice cream for three whole weeks. I ate nothing else...how terrible is that?

I am very happy with my body, but I know that if I don't watch it, it's so damn easy for me to get fat. :(

Hallelujah for whey protein shakes...and my Magic Bullet (the blender, not the sex toy.. ya bunch of pervs! lol)

laughing...last year when I was trying to gain weight, I ate nothing but Swiss Rolls, frosting and brownies for two weeks. I felt terrible after a few days, and I lost four pounds.

Now I've gained all the weight I want to, and like you I watch it carefully. It comes back on so slow and sneaky! :eek:

WTUPu.jpg

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
SillyGirl said:
laughing...last year when I was trying to gain weight, I ate nothing but Swiss Rolls, frosting and brownies for two weeks. I felt terrible after a few days, and I lost four pounds.

Now I've gained all the weight I want to, and like you I watch it carefully. It comes back on so slow and sneaky! :eek:

I've NEVER had to deliberately try to gain weight! lol

It sure does come on sneaky. And you lose it sneaky, too. If you have a lot to lose it can look dramatic, though. For me, I never notice when I'm getting really skinny until my jeans are too big and others are commenting.

I've been working out like a madwoman (well, not really a madwoman...) since the end of March, just to be more fit...and it's not until now that I am seeing improvements that others saw a while ago. I probably have BDD.

What is awful is the last ten pounds, or the last few inches. For me, at 135 pounds, I would KILL to get to 125...but the last little bit is so stubborn! I can't really complain, though. No matter what my weight, my size six jeans are fairly loose on me.

Three years ago I weighed 195 lbs. I was a size 16. (Gasp!)

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
randygirl said:
I've NEVER had to deliberately try to gain weight! lol

It sure does come on sneaky. And you lose it sneaky, too. If you have a lot to lose it can look dramatic, though. For me, I never notice when I'm getting really skinny until my jeans are too big and others are commenting.

I've been working out like a madwoman (well, not really a madwoman...) since the end of March, just to be more fit...and it's not until now that I am seeing improvements that others saw a while ago. I probably have BDD.

What is awful is the last ten pounds, or the last few inches. For me, at 135 pounds, I would KILL to get to 125...but the last little bit is so stubborn! I can't really complain, though. No matter what my weight, my size six jeans are fairly loose on me.

Three years ago I weighed 195 lbs. I was a size 16. (Gasp!)

Good for you...I lost a lot of weight too, turned into more than I expected.

When I got down to a size 8, I bought a bunch of new clothes. Then the weight kept falling off, and even though I'm not too skinny anymore, I'm still a 6.

I really like the 8s and want to get them altered, but I have it in my head that will cause me to expand to an 8 overnight. :eek:

This picture makes me laugh...

9LSSj.jpg

Paris

Joined Nov 28, 2009
Messages 8
Hold on....

Hold on....

ok miss fancy pants , i just want ione thing, lol
I want you to squeeze out one tiny tear, just a little tear for having to gain weight, i wish we were closer , i would spank you "silly" for letting that info out and then crying about working out,
hot damn
ye spank you effing SILLY!!!
hehe love you tho :p

Top Bottom