Made with Love
Emma Alexandra Page
Mirage Entertainment

Workout Woes

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

SillyGirl

Queen of Boots and Cupcakes
Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
How do people get motivated to start working out again after a layoff? I guess "keep working out" would be the better question.

I realized over the weekend that if I had been doing even minimal abs work over the last few months, I would have a sixpack right now. Don't get me started about the flappedy-flap noise when I wave. :NoNoNo:

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,654
SillyGirl said:
How do people get motivated to start working out again after a layoff? I guess "keep working out" would be the better question.

I realized over the weekend that if I had been doing even minimal abs work over the last few months, I would have a sixpack right now. Don't get me started about the flappedy-flap noise when I wave. :NoNoNo:

why get a 6 pack when you can get the whole case?

I too suffer from I just don't feel like working out

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
I would be content with just a 6pack.

Did crunches, arms and legs this morning. Tomorrow it's hula hoops. woot woot.

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,654
SillyGirl said:
I would be content with just a 6pack.

Did crunches, arms and legs this morning. Tomorrow it's hula hoops. woot woot.

did ribs and Texas toast this morning

Tomorrow fish

Blank_Dave

Reviewer
Joined Jan 6, 2010
Messages 1,781
SillyGirl said:

Now ask yourself how do people work out with injuries, like partial torn MCLs?

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
samaritan said:
Does anyone here realize that this thread is three years old?

My complaining is just never-ending! :biggrin2:

- - -

BANNED
Joined Jan 19, 2010
Messages 442
SillyGirl said:

Sentry and I have started doing this Squats Challenge where you start at 50 and basically go up by 20 everyday. When we got to 100 squats, we broke them into 5 sets of 20 and in between each set we did 10 pushups and 10 crunches. The goal is get to 260 squats ( 13 sets with the 10 pushups and crunchs in between). Then we we go the same up a pushup challange and the squats and crunches with be in between the set of pushups. It only takes about 20 to 25 min and its really helping with toning.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
3somesarethenewblack said:
Sentry and I have started doing this Squats Challenge where you start at 50 and basically go up by 20 everyday. When we got to 100 squats, we broke them into 5 sets of 20 and in between each set we did 10 pushups and 10 crunches. The goal is get to 260 squats ( 13 sets with the 10 pushups and crunchs in between). Then we we go the same up a pushup challange and the squats and crunches with be in between the set of pushups. It only takes about 20 to 25 min and its really helping with toning.

wow, you do this every day?? Impressive!

It's funny you should say this, I was thinking yesterday of changing my legs workout to include squats. Oh how I hate them, but love the results.

On the plus side, after one day of crunches and one day of hula hoop, I'm completely convinced I'm getting abs. Woot woot! :Dancing:

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
Bump

Bump

People who don't wipe down the gym machines after they use them should be forced to bathe in a pool of other peoples' germs.

Just sayin'. :grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr:

Skipper

Joined Mar 25, 2011
Messages 793
SillyGirl said:
People who don't wipe down the gym machines after they use them should be forced to bathe in a pool of other peoples' germs.

Just sayin'. :grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr:

Why I don't go to the gym.

Des

Joined Apr 30, 2014
Messages 101
Slow down on the heavy weights. Repetition on lighter weight would give you better results.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
IfYouSeekAmy said:
1st of the month to keep it simple

Ok, I'm in. Apologies in advance for the whining and complaining.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
hahaha, hope you still think so at the end of Jan.

When it says "10s" plank, does that mean 10 seconds?

Top Bottom