Made with Love

Who takes vacations to mexico anymore?. Tourist raped this time.

tboy

Joined Jun 2, 2010
Messages 9,197
HoneyBee said:
I realize the subject is not a laughing matter but I gotta laugh at tboys annologies - firstly if 6 TOURIST women at once got raped and another few TOURISTS or FOREIGNERS got killed every day and I mean everyday in Florida or Canada then do you think we would still have visitors on the regular? In our parts this would be an outrage and the criminals hunted down, there its just another day.

Anybody who goes to Mehico is an eeediot. It's a fuckward country. Sure there is crime everywhere, Mexico is top in the tourist destinations.

I have to laugh at your response after reading the article...the tourists weren't foreigners, they lived in mexico CITY....

tboy

Joined Jun 2, 2010
Messages 9,197
RAWD said:
I had forgotten I bought El Narco by Ioan Grillo off Amazon. I started reading it last night. From the prologue:

"Mexican special-force soldiers became mercenaries for gangsters. Businessmen who used to pay off corrupt officials had to pay off mobsters. Police forces turn on one another - sometimes breaking out into full-on interagency shoot-outs..."

In an interview with an incarcerated lieutenant in one of the cartels, "He was leading heavily armed troops in urban warfare against rival gangs. He was carrying out mass kidnappings..controlling safe houses...He was working with high ranking city police officers but fighting pitched battles against federal agents...."

Sorry Tboy. There is no comparison between corruption in Mexico and corruption in North America.

Although, the author cites a study that says Mexico City has a lower annual homicide rate than Chicago, New Orleans or Detroit. The violence is largely in the states.

@ Shiek - I agree, sort of. Even in Tijuana, I never felt physically unsafe. But, I sure as hell felt like the locals would not hesitate to rip me off or extort me.

I never said they were the same, I was disagreeing that there wasn't any corruption in our police forces....now one COULD argue that the police forces are corrupted by the very politicians who are supposed to serve US by cowtowing to the rich and powerful.....for eg: how many rich and powerful people get off compared to the poor? Mayor Ford for example: caught talking on his cellphone while driving, was her charged? Not......

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
tboy said:
I never said they were the same, I was disagreeing that there wasn't any corruption in our police forces....now one COULD argue that the police forces are corrupted by the very politicians who are supposed to serve US by cowtowing to the rich and powerful.....for eg: how many rich and powerful people get off compared to the poor? Mayor Ford for example: caught talking on his cellphone while driving, was her charged? Not......

you might start by asking why police are exempt from that law.

I know they are here I expect they are there too

Chevy

Joined Sep 17, 2011
Messages 381
Police in Mexico are investigating the murder of a 50-year-old Canadian man, found beaten to death on a beach in Los Cabos Wednesday.
The man has been identified as Marty Gary Atwood, according to a report from BCS Noticias.

Authorities said the man died from a fractured skull caused by a blunt object.
His identity or hometown hasn't been released.

His body was found on El Tule beach, halfway between the resort town of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo.

Amy Mills, spokeswoman for the Canadian foreign affairs department, said Thursday morning officials are aware of the death of a Canadian in Los Cabos.
"Canadian consular officials are in touch with local authorities and are providing consular assistance as required," she said in an e-mail.

Mills declined to provide further details, citing privacy reasons.

Last week, 35-year-old Calgary woman Jennifer Karren died in Cabo San Lucas after a whale struck the boat she was in.

https://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/19/canadian-man-found-beaten-to-death-on-mexico-beach

C

cristycurves

papasmerf said:
Tboy

in the case of Mexico where drug cartels control the region, the police are not so much taking bribes as much as protecting their families.

? Alternative fact? Police in Mexico take bribes and often. If someone doesn't want "someone" arrested, just hand Sargent so and so a few dollars and their crime is ignored, another, want them arrested , hand Sargent so and so a few extra dollars and they are. Whether they take money so their families aren't "messed with" or take it for doing unlaw things, taking monies beyond their pay, beyond what they're paid to do, which is to uphold the law, is considered a bribe.

U

User-E

papasmerf said:
Tboy

in the case of Mexico where drug cartels control the region, the police are not so much taking bribes as much as protecting their families.

Cartels are not known for accepting any interference with their business.

cristycurves said:
? Alternative fact? Police in Mexico take bribes and often. If someone doesn't want "someone" arrested, just hand Sargent so and so a few dollars and their crime is ignored, another, want them arrested , hand Sargent so and so a few extra dollars and they are. Whether they take money so their families aren't "messed with" or take it for doing unlaw things, taking monies beyond their pay, beyond what they're paid to do, which is to uphold the law, is considered a bribe.

You misunderstood what he said. He's not saying they don't take bribes, he's saying that accepting bribes from the cartel to turn a blind eye to their activities isn't a choice. It's the only way they can protect themselves and their families from being hurt or killed by the cartels.

Top Bottom