Made with Love

Who knows you hobby?

olayda

Joined Jan 5, 2010
Messages 320
Do you tell any of your non hobbying friends that you hobby?

I told one guy who said, " you pay for sex?" and I said, " No, I pay for the best date you can imagine where the lady doesn't call you the next day. "

What about you lads?

GDLLover

Joined Dec 8, 2009
Messages 439
I started hobbying with 2 other guys a few years ago and one of them spilled the beans to a couple of my co-workers. It was really uncomfortable as they just don't understand.

The message is unfortunately others outside the hobby just don't understand and either ridicule you or try to change you. They don't understand what they are missing and I really have no regrets, sure I may retire someday but I will always remember those highlights. I have learned enjoy and keep it to myself. If you want to share your experiences then the board threads are good or even getting together with other hobbiests is good as you know they are like minded.

I

iceman_dci

I agree with RAWD. I've said a couple of times that boards such as this give us pooners an outlet to talk and get the experience off our chests (good or bad). Who else are we going to tell?

Who knows I hobby? The SP's that I see do and you guys hehehe. But seriously, I have one friend who used to hobby abroad but has chosen to retire. He totally understands the benefits and why we hobby, other than that, no.

diver12488

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Messages 74
I told my brother, he thinks I am pathetic for spending the money to travel and visit SPs.

Other than that I choose to tell no one.

I will say that I do love speaking and hearing from fellow hobbyists because most other people just don't appreciate it...

_ _

Joined Dec 14, 2009
Messages 432
We have 3 people in the "inner sanctum" that are privy to the games that 3 and I play. They seem genuinely interested in hearing our exploits (or they are very polite) so we have fun talking about it. We are on a one-couple crusade to get more people to participate in hobbying, especially couples. It certainly has enhanced our sex life.

No one at work knows, and it is hilarious when they ask "what do you do in Toronto all the time?".

Kirk Lazarus

Reviewer
Joined Dec 1, 2009
Messages 3,861
GDLLover said:
I started hobbying with 2 other guys a few years ago and one of them spilled the beans to a couple of my co-workers. It was really uncomfortable as they just don't understand.

That is the reason why nobody knows that I hobby. There are a couple guys in my group that I know hobby and I'm sure they know that I hobby, but we do not address it, but sometimes make side remarks about it and move on to another topic.

iconic one

Joined Mar 17, 2010
Messages 2
2 of my friends. One hobbies and was very evasive about it, until I admitted my own involvement to him. Second is a close friend which has admitted a number of transgressions to me. I think we all have a MAD agreement (mutually assured destruction) which will keep us in check.

Personally, I won't give any of them up, even if they were to rat me out. That's the code and I live by it.

Top Bottom