Made with Love

Where you the Bully or being Bullied at School

rodman11

Joined Apr 3, 2010
Messages 107
Bullying story brought tears, bad memories

When Shannon Anderson read in the Sun about Lyric Elliot’s abuse at the hands of bullies at her Scarborough school, she couldn’t help but have flashbacks to her own eerily similar story.

As a child, Anderson was bullied while attending William Tredway Junior Public School, the same school Lyric was enrolled at until her mother, Jacqueline, pulled her out a little over a week ago.

Despite the efforts by the provincial government and the Toronto District School Board to combat bullying, the now 29-year-old claims little has changed since she attended the school off Bellamy Rd. north of Lawrence Ave. E. during the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
Only in elementary school.

I arrived in this country as a refugee, so my mother had no worldly goods. We were very poor, and foreigners. Now when you're bottom of the barrel poor, you have to move a lot, being transient just comes with the territory. I attended 5 elementary schools. When I went to a school with middle class or rich kids, I was mocked for not being able to keep up with their toys their clothes, their vacations and for where I lived. When I went to schools full of kids born and raised in Canada, I was made fun of for not knowing the language, not being able to read, having an accent and a strange name.

By high school I had boobs... so that all stopped :p

Bullying isn't just the territory of kids. Look at the internet - adults acting like acne faced teenagers. Some kids never grow out of their bullying phase, and even as adults continue to be insulting, cruel, derogatory, and shamelessly spiteful.

I have helped raise someone else's children, and they were taught the importance of compassion, even if they didn't understand why someone looked, acted or seemed different. We especially taught them tolerance towards homosexuals, foreign countries, and sexual women (including sex workers).

Melike_pussy

Reviewer
Joined May 10, 2010
Messages 575
Came from a poor family, always wore second hand cloths and shoes. Had same winter coat from grade 7 through 11 will never forget how many times I was reminded of it. Now those same bullies have nothing to show from their education and I do. Funny how quickly life changes.

J

JohnFK

Lauren Summerhill said:
Bullying isn't just the territory of kids. Look at the internet - adults acting like acne faced teenagers. Some kids never grow out of their bullying phase, and even as adults continue to be insulting, cruel, derogatory, and shamelessly spiteful.

Sounds like some other review boards that I've been on. :-(

J

JohnFK

Judge said:
I had a bigger brother to protect me brom the Jerks, want to thank my brother and hope he is not a member here. :geek:

I had a bigger cousin. They never bothered me again. That was in elementary school, but it happened a bit even in high school although I dealt with it myself.

B

Beenthere123

We had a group of friends in high school that were always protecting kids the were picked on. Mind you violence vs violence didn't solve anything but when you are young you don't think that way.

Knight Rider

Joined Nov 14, 2009
Messages 1,471
In grade school, when I was about 7 or 8, I was bullied by an older kid who used to punch me and take my lunch money. I remember one day talking to my Dad about it back then and he told me 2 important thing that I remember to this day 30 odd years later. He told me that "All bullies are cowards" and that "They prey on the people who they think cannot defend themselves" He told me once I stand up to him and show him that I was not afraid of or intimidated by him that the bullying would stop and he was right, but I had to do it several times before it finally happened. The first time I was blooded, but he was hurt as well. After 2 or 3 more times, he no longer picked on me because he knew that I was going to fight back and it finally ended.

Joined May 4, 2010
Messages 191
I was bullied in high school.
One day I just had enough and when the bully decided to pick on me I discovered that he wasn't so tough after all.
He decided to back down. I decided to give him a "rose bowl" and a pretty mean wedgie in the school cafeteria.
End of story.

- - -

BANNED
Joined Jan 19, 2010
Messages 442
I was bullied most of middle and highschool on and off. I was very shy and studious and never stood up for myself. I absolutely dreaded the bus experience and would do anything to avoid it. However for me, it made me a stronger person. Additionally, my reunion was pretty satisfying given that many of my tormentors were now overweight and undereducated. Others had grown up and now were very nice people. I wish I could stress to children who are bullied that things do improve and not to let them negatively effect them.

athaire

Joined Apr 25, 2010
Messages 147
I was both.
In elementary school I grew up in a small town and the kids had all known each other from preschool. I was the new kid and had moved around alot so was a bit of an introvert. I hated the bus, the walk home, recess....terrible times. I couldn't be bothered to attend a reunion with those assholes.

I did in fact move to a city in middle school and decided being a victim wasn't what I was going to be ever again. The first bully that screwed with me got way more than they bargained for. After that I started to push others around. Not my finest times. I actually ran into a couple of guys I picked on with some others fella's back then and apologized. Surprisingly they forgave me.

In retrospect I know that those experiences molded me into the man I am today. I still have insecurities but hide them with bravado. Guess I am still that elementary kid at heart....sigh.....

diver12488

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Messages 74
I went to a private prep school my whole life and never really had an issue with being bullied except for one semester my freshman year in HS.

I was in gym class with this billionaire's son and a beautiful girl. Being that I was a freshman, and a better athlete, he decided that he would go out of his way to make things tough while we were playing different sports in the class. (I guess he didn't want me making him look bad in front of the beautiful girl in our class.)

For reference, I was probably about 6' 125lbs and he was about 6'4" 190lbs.

So, one day after class he though he would show me a lesson and so, out of the blue, he hit me. I said,"Is that all you got?" so hit hit me a few more times... I looked his ass dead in the eyes, laughed, and said, "You hit a girl!" He got this horrified look on his face and just left. From then on, he never bothered me again.

Funny thing is my brother is best friends with his younger brother, and therefore is also friends with the bully... :lol:

I

iceman_dci

I have zero tolerance for bullying.

I was two years younger than anyone else in my grades in middle school from skipping two grades in elementary (I'm glad they don't do that anymore, it's very hard socially to adapt). So along with being the youngest in the grade, I was also the smallest...being somewhat intelligent also didn't help the neanderthals to warm up to me.

When I was in grade 7, I was tossed out of the changing room naked by 3 guys in my class because I was visibly under-developed. Everyone walking through the halls laughed as they held the door closed and barred my entrance back in to the change room. Years later, my sister had become friends with these boys and I went to pick her up from a party and when I walked in, I had grown quite a bit. One of the boys still had a bit of chip on his shoulder and said "shit, you got big, guess we're not gonna be picking on you anymore" I glared at him and kept walking, as I did, he called me some expletive and I stopped and turned to glance over my shoulder at him. It could've been a Hollywood movie scened, he took his beer, looked down at his shoes and walked away sheepishly in to the crowd. I turned and walked away grinning from ear to ear.

I was repeatedly beaten by a kid who was much older and bigger than me on my way home from elementary school everyday for a month. Bloodied and bruised my father gave me the same advise as yours KR. One day when I was walking home, the bully knocked my books out of my hand and laughed as he walked by me and my friend; this was the day I decided to fight back. I ran after him and jumped on his back and started to pound the living daylights out of the back of his head until he reached over and flipped me to the ground and began laying the beating of all beatings on me. I lay there motionless afterwards and when he finally walked away, I got back up and jumped on him again, this time connecting a few times enough to give him a bloody nose and cut lip. Well, he beat me again and again as he walked away, I got up and jumped him again. It was at this point stay at home Moms came flying out of their homes and held us back from each other. When my father got home that day, he looked at me with an ice pack on my eye and my mother tending to me; he tassled my hair, gave me a smile and went to go wash up dinner. That was the best day of my life. The bully never bothered me again.

To this day, I'll be the first person to step in, whether its and outright display of bullying or an angry customer in a lineup yelling at the cashier. Bullying doesn't always happen to the young, it happens to every age group.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
3somesarethenewblack said:
I wish I could stress to children who are bullied that things do improve and not to let them negatively effect them.

It's heartbreaking to see those reports of kids committing suicide after being bullied. Kids just don't have the life experience to understand that Time is the great equalizer.

Curious, I think we're all still that elementary kid at heart. We learn to hide it, but it's still there.

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
SillyGirl said:
It's heartbreaking to see those reports of kids committing suicide after being bullied. Kids just don't have the life experience to understand that Time is the great equalizer.

Curious, I think we're all still that elementary kid at heart. We learn to hide it, but it's still there.

I don't think the promise of a better future helps when you're locked in despair and feel alone. Depression makes the future impossible to contemplate. It's like having concrete in your veins. Someone reaching out with frienship on the other hand, can make life worth living.

Hammer

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 48
Lauren Summerhill said:
I don't think the promise of a better future helps when you're locked in despair and feel alone. Depression makes the future impossible to contemplate. It's like having concrete in your veins. Someone reaching out with frienship on the other hand, can make life worth living.

Sorry to intrude but Lauren your pictures turn me on and so does your writting style, think I am in love. Ok i've said it, I was never bullied alway bigger than them.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
Lauren Summerhill said:

I wasn't suggesting that kids with depression should be told to shake it off and wait for life to get better. I was just saying that it's difficult for young people to comprehend that life goes through good and bad times, and that neither lasts forever.

And there's no need to lecture me about what depression feels like, I live it.

Top Bottom