Made with Love

whatTF lcbo and beer store closed in cottage town

B

Beenthere123

Went with the boys to buy some beer, wine and Vodka but it was closed. Damn crown owened corporations should be shot, first long weekend and they leave us dry. Ended up going to lowblaws' real Canadian super store and bought us Canadian wine. How many of you knew they were going to be closed? Guess I should have listened to the radio. You guys think it should have been opened? I say yes big time as revenue for them would have been huge.

H

HOF

BT123

Beer Store and LCBO are always closed on the long weekends.

Let you in on a secret, This happens again Canada day(July), Civic day (August), Labour day(September), Thanksgiving (October) and Christmas day (December). I'm not certain about boxing day, so make sure you buy enough.

I have to be a smartass and ask. How long have you lived in Canada?

B

Beenthere123

Hey wise guy been in Canada long enough just assumed that in this area it would be opened. Trust me I know about all the holiday closures. Its all cool don't feel insulted just beer dry.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
UsB0F.jpg

B

Beenthere123

Ok boys I hear you will stack up on inventory next long weekend. So who knows why you can buy wine at the super center??. Do they have a special permit?

Raiden

Reviewer
Joined Nov 6, 2009
Messages 6,563
I went golfing and I had plenty of beer served up by a cute little short wearing hostess that I wanted to throw into the golf cart and perform Daty and Digits on!!!

Traffic is going to be a nightmare BT, I don't envy you if you are trying to make your way back to town tonight.

H

HOF

Beenthere123 said:
Hey wise guy been in Canada long enough just assumed that in this area it would be opened. Trust me I know about all the holiday closures. Its all cool don't feel insulted just beer dry.

Hey wise guy, I read that and just thought of the three stooges! There were three of you campin' right? LOL.

On a serious, check all camp sites and parks, they're starting no alcohol policies FYI.

BEER

Reviewer
Joined May 21, 2010
Messages 4,431
HOF said:
Hey wise guy, I read that and just thought of the three stooges! There were three of you campin' right? LOL.

On a serious, check all camp sites and parks, they're starting no alcohol policies FYI.

All provincial camp sites always had the no alcohol policies, just being fiercely enforced now.

Joined May 4, 2010
Messages 191
Private wine stores are open. There are only 4 days that they HAVE to be closed.
The LCBO's closures are because they have a lovely union that has no regard of the fact that on Victoria day YOU may be thirsty.
Privatize NOW!

Iambad

Joined Jan 28, 2010
Messages 899
Friend of Greekster said:
Privatize NOW!

And lose the 1 billion profit they make each year?. Bloddy government monopoly !! If a private Canadian company earns anywhere near this amount is a rapacious villian but when a Government monoploly company does it its great.dFucky government monopoly!

If a private Canadian company earns anywhere near this amount of its a rapacious villian but when a government monopoly does its great.

IF they privatize and it earns a billion, the government will be wailing about how there ripping consumers off yada yada yada.

About this Discussion

9 Replies
2K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom