ooooohhhhhh fuck
I'm eating two day old leftover herring

this is really going to get messy

Good luck with that. :roll:

FcQyi.jpg

:tongue:

L

lagavulin

Making Osso Bucco with an onion and red wine reduction, takes a few hours to cook.

On the back burner ('member him from the other board years ago) there is the beginnings of a veggie pasta sauce with 4 different types of mushrooms, peppers, etc etc etc, that needs to sit overnight

Damn, haven't even opened a bevy yet.

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
I just had the funniest experience at a little cafe downtown...

I had some running around to do this afternoon, and left the house, not realizing the Red bull and grapes that I had for breakfast would wear off that fast.

After I went to the bank, I was thinking how hungry I was, and passed this little cafe that was on the way to my car. I had never been in there before.

There was a sign with the specials on it outside, but I barely glanced at it. I went inside, and looked around. The cafe was filled with tables for two, but on every table there seemed to be cakes in various levels of decoration, from still cooling to fully decorated. I looked for someone to serve me, and there was only one older lady, possibly older than 60 who was limping around.

There were no menu signs in the cafe, nor was there a menu offered to me...the only sign read "FOOD OPTIONS: Take it or Leave it."
lol

The lady had the thickest accent, I could barely understand her. I told her I was starving and asked her what she could do for me. She pointed to something "blah blah blah", pointed to something else "blah blah blah" (I could not understand her for the life of me!) Then, she said she had two pieces of fish left, I understood that, so I said that would be fine.

She said, "Salad?" I said that would be nice...she asked about dressing. When I asked her what she had available, out of the four options she gave me the only thing I understood was "sundried tomato", so I took that! lol THEN she asked me what I wanted with my fish, I said "Surprise me!", because I was sure I wouldn't be able to understand the options anyways.

I should say here that I cleaned off my own table so I could sit down! I had to find a new home for the cake that adorned my table.

So, the salad came, and it was fairly plain: romaine lettuce with cucumbers and tomato. Except the dressing...THE DRESSING! omg, amazing. It was a homemade dressing, and she could have put it on cardboard and it would have tasted amazing. I am not sure what kind of base she used, possibly yogurt. Garnished with a huge piece of watermelon, which I ate.

Then the fish came. Two large pieces of poached trout, done with herbs and a massive slice of lemon. The rice on the plate was molded into a thin rectangle (not scooped) with the edges browned and looked kind of sketchy.

I was pleased when I tried the rice, it tasted like garlic and needed no seasoning whatsoever. I am sure it had been baked with butter. The fish was perfectly done, and flavorful without too much spice; a perfect compliment to the rice.

All told, I ate every morsel...and despite my apprehension, it was an amazing meal. I went to pay, and it ran me a whole 10.95.

I'm looking forward to next time I go into her cafe and ask her to surprise me. Worth it even if I have to move a cake or two to get a table to sit down at.

flora.revel

Joined Dec 17, 2009
Messages 11
Highlight of the Week:

Pesto, asparagus and old cheddar scrambled eggs with a sweet potato, caramelized onion and ham hash. Garnished with fresh strawberries, enjoyed with two hot guys...

In the works for this weekend: Pumpkin Custard, garnish and company TBA.

GenevieveLajoie

Joined Nov 11, 2009
Messages 297
Penne - al dente, not al dentist ;) - with fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden, boccoccini from the Cheese Boutique, salt, pepper, olive oil, and a whisper of sherry vinegar.

Defying the no-carbs dogma, I even had some baguette to lap all the juices left over from the pasta water, olive oil, and tomatoes.

Perrier for drink.

photo(2).jpg

cookwithluv

Joined Jun 16, 2010
Messages 25
Light lunch with an old friend

Light lunch with an old friend

Quinoa, avocado, shredded yellow beets and micro green salad, bagette with truffle oil and Grey Goose/ice tea with lots of ice. :great:

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
I have my period (sorry if TMI); so...

Peanut butter O'Henry bar
Lemon Pepper Turkey breast on Pumpernickel with Deli style mustard,

Innis & Gunn Original beers
Codeine Phosphate

Let the good times roll!
:party:

L

lagavulin

Burgers and Guinness.

The secret is paprika and to use two different cheeses, one on each side of the patty
(tonight was Cheddar and Roquefort but any two as long as they are different and compliment each other, sort of like a threesome two different cheeses and some meat in the middle)

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
Tonight I had a stuffed chicken breast (goats cheese, lemon zest and oregano) wrapped in prosciutto and grilled on the BBQ. Corn on the cob and baby romaine and red pepper salad with a simple vinaigrette. So fresh, and so good!

btw, oddball, before you ask: It was not me doing the cooking. :)

About this Discussion

115 Replies
18K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom