Made with Love
Toronto Passions
Toronto Tryst

What Ya Drink'n and Eat'n

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.
L

lagavulin

Green Tea Ice Cream

Green Tea Ice Cream

Kyra.Graves

Joined Dec 16, 2009
Messages 327
Popcorn 3 Ways

Popcorn 3 Ways

Made up 3 little dishes of it: Parmesan & Pepper, Truffled, and Cinnamon & Vanilla
I'm washing it all down with a lavender vodka lemonade (or two).
:)

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
Kyra.Graves said:
Made up 3 little dishes of it: Parmesan & Pepper, Truffled, and Cinnamon & Vanilla
I'm washing it all down with a lavender vodka lemonade (or two).

At a funky little cafe that's playing an obscure movie on the curtains of the windows. Sitting outside, beautiful night.

Vanilla Almond Latte, and a Western Waffle with a fruit salad and some greens. Light, simple, perfect.

God I love this place!!

Kyra.Graves

Joined Dec 16, 2009
Messages 327
Lauren Summerhill said:
At a funky little cafe that's playing an obscure movie on the curtains of the windows. Sitting outside, beautiful night.

Vanilla Almond Latte, and a Western Waffle with a fruit salad and some greens. Light, simple, perfect.

God I love this place!!

Mmmmmm! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the night.
How long are you in town for? I heard of this place that is supposed to have great cocktails and "mossies".

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
Kyra.Graves said:
Mmmmmm! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the night.
How long are you in town for? I heard of this place that is supposed to have great cocktails and "mossies".

MOSSIES?!?! I'm salivating at the thought! Too shy to flirt with one but can admire from a distance.

Until the 18th. I might need a little more healing time but I'd love to come out :)

L

lagavulin

Post Honeycombs straight out of the box and a single malt

(but the cheap stuff Glenfiddich, that I keep for company, I wouldn't dare adulterate the palette of a fine single malt that is older then most of the ladies here, by having a sweet with it)

Fuck I'm old.
I see that papasmerf is just a punk at 52, I thought he was really old, nope ... just another big talker.

I have scotch, socks, and stains that are older then most of the women here (say it three times fast).

This can't be a good thing.

L

lagavulin

Chicken Tetrazzini and Chianti

EDIT: add a large amount of single malt ......... 'cause I'm all maudlin and can still feel something

L

lagavulin

a glass of Barolo
a decent strip loin BBQ'd perfectly with salad and veggies (no starches)

now a wee bit of Hennessy cognac while I wait for the sound of high heels walking up the drive and a gentle tapping on the door.

<----- this is also a Hennessy,

L

lagavulin

(actually it was last night, just didn't have time for a play-by-play posting)

fettuccine Alfredo ..... homemade by Laggy
must have been 3,000 calories a plate with all the cream and cheese

you know its good when she puts that first bite in her mouth, her eyes go wide, pupils dilate and a very diminutive and otherwise elegant young lass says,
" OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS IS GOOD !!!"

a mid-priced Chianti that was quite pleasant
wasn't sure about serving a red with a white sauce but what the hell .... take a risk

for dessert ...... Crepe Suzette .... yup the whole flambe in Grand Marnier table side
that was a lot of work, not soon to be repeated, but incredibly delicious

after dinner .... a taste off ...... Hennessy vs Courvoisier
while I would have always said I preferred a Hennessy
when it came to a side by side tasting (both were XO) I really found it tough to differentiate.
a slightly more floral note with the Hennessy, but maybe with age my palette is starting to go

later in the evening several containers of Hagen Das
melted in the microwave
then poured and massaged all of each other and enjoyed {it does ruin the bed linens}

might be a grumpy old fucker .... but I still got style

L

lagavulin

SOUP NIGHT

butternut squash

mushroom soup (3 kinds and a lot of cream)

Back from a little trip and need to drop a few pounds.
I expect to be vegetarian for a week or two, but no need for that to be bland.

L

lagavulin

A couple of Heineken's and am going to create a vegetarian cassarole.

I'm not sure what is going to be in it beyond, carrot, turnip, squash and seasonings. This is going to be invented on the fly in the kitchen of chez laggy so there are no photos.

C

Cycleguy007

Made the kids some homemade chicken burgers... each with a grilled boneless skinless chicken filet, cheddar cheese, shredded romaine lettuce, a slice of tomato, bacon and some lite mayo... on a whole wheat bun.

I'm havin a "campin coffee" (Coffee with Bailey's) waiting for Mrs. CG to get home. She had another rare Friday shift... and then we are off to our favourite seafood restaurant.

https://www.kingcraboys****ar.com/King Crab Oyster Bar

Top Bottom