Made with Love
Hollywood Ladies
Venus Toronto

What Ya Drink'n and Eat'n

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.
L

lagavulin

randygirl said:
Tonight I had a stuffed chicken breast (goats cheese, lemon zest and oregano) wrapped in prosciutto and grilled on the BBQ.
It was not me doing the cooking.

Fuck me, I was ready to sell up and move north.

I BBQ some amazing steaks. But that is a testament to my butcher more then the me.

The real trick was when I was pressed for a dessert and had nothing planned.

So I took some Italian (Calabrese) bread, trimmed the crust.
Browned in butter almost like a french toast
smeared on some orange marmalade
then flamabed the entire production with grand marnier

turned out to be a poor man;s crepe suzette in under 5 minutes

please excuse the typo's; its very late; I have had a skin full and the lady insists I return to bed rather than post about the food

but being a foodie I like posting about the food

sorry dear; I;m coming,, yes I will do you agina first.

Johnnybehorny

Joined Apr 30, 2010
Messages 356
oddball said:
Cooked a successful chicken BBQ for 200 townies, best ever in my years doing it...Pot luck salads and corn on the cob so sweet it didn't need any additions. 5 way too strong Gin and Tonics by 1pm...not used to that, this is my first time vertical since 2:00, not sure if I will make the block dance at the green tonight.

You are a funny dude :lol:

L

lagavulin

oddball said:
Cooked a successful chicken BBQ for 200 townies, best ever in my years doing it...

Well Done !!!!! :party:

Tonight was;

a couple of Sapporo's for the heat

the standard BBQ burgers a la Laggy

then a twist - side orders of steamed carrots ....... mashed ...... but they were seasoned with nutmeg, butter and molasses similar to a sweet potato pie, absolutely amazing ( a Laggy creation) .... if you have kids and they don't eat veggies try this, they will wolf the stuff down thinking it is a dessert.

tonight a couple of drams (well a dozen, well really the whole fuck'n bottle to tell the truth) of Glennfiddich (the bastard's at the LCBO did not have my namesay in stock)

Edit:
12:36 Scoth all gon , me fall fown and go bumop !!!

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
Today I had the most amazing cedar plank salmon steaks with a maple glaze, served with rice and asparagus. It was like heaven on earth.

SillyGirl

Queen of Boots and Cupcakes
Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
Dapperdon said:
I unfortunatly did not have the greatest day ..mentally and physically exhausting ...I did not eat ...how often does that happen to others ?

I can't make myself eat when I'm severely stressed. I still get hungry, just can't eat.

If it's a moderate stress, I eat junk. Which is why I'm having swiss rolls for breakfast.

Raiden

Reviewer
Joined Nov 6, 2009
Messages 6,565
I shouldn't have read this, now I'm hungry. The hell with the diet, time to raid my fridge!:grrrrrr:

SillyGirl

Queen of Boots and Cupcakes
Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
cantalope, half a small turkey sub, and peach schnapps. I wanna say seven shots, but who's counting? :tongue:

L

lagavulin

Potato salad ..... that's it.
But it's like the best fuck'n potato salad in the world.

I made this huge bowl, the mix of onions and seasonings was perfect, I was having just a little taste as I mixed it, and then another and another.

I must have put crack or heroin in the damn thing because it became immediately addictive

now it's all gone :frown:

there was enough for EIGHT people and it's all gone

B

Beenthere123

lagavulin said:
Potato salad ..... that's it.
But it's like the best fuck'n potato salad in the world.

I made this huge bowl, the mix of onions and seasonings was perfect, I was having just a little taste as I mixed it, and then another and another.

I must have put crack or heroin in the damn thing because it became immediately addictive

now it's all gone :frown:

there was enough for EIGHT people and it's all gone

Lag you....

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
The only thing I have eaten today was a double quarter pounder with cheese.

I immediately felt sick to my stomach, and felt that way for hours afterward. :(

Lou Siffer

Joined May 31, 2010
Messages 248
BBQ earlier today... A beautifully seasoned 1.5" thick veal chop grilled to medium with fresh green beens and baked potato from my garden and a side salad (also from the garden). Finished off with some grilled pineapple (marinated in maple syrup and cinnamon), topped with ice cream and left over marinade.

Don't worry, I went for a swim and then played hockey for a couple hours to balance things out... Now I can't sleep.

L

lagavulin

randygirl said:

I immediately felt sick to my stomach, and felt that way for hours afterward. :(

Your body is a temple, do not defile it.

That's my job. :lol:

L

lagavulin

Sapporo and edamame.

A completely fake Japanese snack.
The Sapporo is brewed in Guelph and the edamame came from China.

C

Cycleguy007

randygirl said:

And HOW MANY times have I told you to stay away from that crap????

Just finished a chicken caesar salad... it was delicious!

I was going to make grilled chicken, homemade tater salad (probably not as good as your's Laggy but within the realms of acceptability at least in my kid's minds! LOL), and corn cobs... but when I got home the kids all started bugging me for gourmet Angus burgers! (One of my daughter's friends who has sampled them previously was over and made a specific request... she's such a Q'T-pi, I just couldn't say no! LOL)

So they got burgers, and I grilled the chicken for a caesar salad for myself.

Just sitting on the deck now, enjoying the summer evening, and a:

L

lagavulin

Cycleguy007 said:
Just sitting on the deck now, enjoying the summer evening, and a:

You have to try a real single malt (not a blend) that is at least 15 years old.
Lagavulin is probably too overwhelming for your virgin palate, consider something like Glenfiddich.

Its like a CCM bike compared to a Trek, you won't go back.

C

Cycleguy007

lagavulin said:
You have to try a real single malt (not a blend) that is at least 15 years old.
Lagavulin is probably too overwhelming for your virgin palate, consider something like Glenfiddich.

Its like a CCM bike compared to a Trek, you won't go back.

LOL! I've had some single malts and even sampled your namesake... but for just chillin on the deck... this will suffice. :)

L

lagavulin

Cycleguy007 said:
LOL! I've had some single malts and even sampled your namesake... but for just chillin on the deck... this will suffice. :)

There's just no help'n some folks.

Top Bottom