Made with Love
Sexy Friends Toronto
Toronto Girlfriends

What would you do? Rogers is mis-charging me in my favour

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,234
I signed up for ignite TV back in March. For three months they tried to get my computer to be able to login into their online platform for viewing when not at home. It would only work on a Rogers network. It's suppose to work everywhere.

So by the end of it all, I was credited 3 months of service and given $40 off my bundle for the next year.

2 months ago I cut cable altogether for streaming services. I only have internet and phone with Rogers now.

My bill for unlimited internet is $30/month taxes in because they are applying the $40 credit that was only suppose to be for the bundle package I no longer have. Plus they are only charging me the bundle price for internet at $60/month instead of the regularly advertised price of 100/month. So basically I'm getting roughly $80 off my bill for their mistake.

I have this credit for a year. I have about 9 months to go.

I know what I'm going to do. Curious, what would you do? Tell them and lose the credit or keep your mouth shut and save?

demien3k5

Joined Mar 24, 2017
Messages 1,232
I dunno. What answers did you get to this question on the other board where it was posted?

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,234
I dunno. What answers did you get to this question on the other board where it was posted?

Which one? I posted it on two other boards.
I find each board gives a different general answer. Which I find fascinating actually.

I don't understand why but whenever I ask these types of questions, each board has a different mentality towards it.

So far between all boards, not telling Rogers seems to be the main answer.

Beached

Reviewer
Joined Dec 6, 2015
Messages 1,424
Back to the originally scheduled program.

Say nothing, Enjoy getting something back from a company who's business plan is "screw the customers"

DILLIGAF

Reviewer
Joined Nov 22, 2016
Messages 1,221
Jessica
don't know if you got your phone situation resolved or not but did you notice in the news the gentleman from BC that just got a bill from his provider for two years worth of service.
The story goes like he did not pay for five years (over $11K) and when Telus found out the mistake they fixed the error and now send him a bill for two years about $5K
Just thought you might find this news helpful to make your decision if you already have not.

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,234
Jessica
don't know if you got your phone situation resolved or not but did you notice in the news the gentleman from BC that just got a bill from his provider for two years worth of service.
The story goes like he did not pay for five years (over $11K) and when Telus found out the mistake they fixed the error and now send him a bill for two years about $5K
Just thought you might find this news helpful to make your decision if you already have not.

I have not dealt with it yet. I am waiting for my next bill just to make sure the incorrect amount is really being charged. There was some plan overlap on my last bill but I think I am right with the mistake they are making.

I wonder if this is different because I am being charged for service, it is listed as internet and I am paying so I am not getting free service.

I also wonder if there is a cap. Like in your example he didn't pay for 5 years but they only could bill him for 2. Certainly curious

I'm too honest though so I know I will be calling them and straightening it out. It is the right thing to do.

DILLIGAF

Reviewer
Joined Nov 22, 2016
Messages 1,221
Good luck Jessica.
I wish I could give you the link to the story but as a lot of people know I am electronically challenged. LOL
I don't think it was a cap as much as it was a good will gesture from the carrier.
I read the entire story which was really based on an interview with the client. He does not believe he owes anything and actually has the balls to want some form of compensation added.
I think he has been reading to many articles about retail customers getting everything if they bitch loud enough.
Morals and whats right has nothing to due with their train of thought
Good Luck

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,234
I found it.

So the full story is that the bill was being automatically paid monthly via someone else's bank account.

The bill was actually getting paid but not by the right person.

Telus returned the money to the customers who had money incorrectly removed from their account.

They then billed this guy for 2 years worth and gave him 30 months to pay it. He is arrogant. He said that the bill was getting paid so what was the problem? He knew the bill every month was paid and not by him. He clearly saw his bill every month and knew something was totally wrong.

I think the guy is an ass and should pay it all back.

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,396
My opinion on the subject is, not that anybody cares, is that if a company makes a billing error, and I don't mean zero billing for a service, that should not have to be re-payed.

Companies like Rogers and Bell, can arbitrarily raise monthly rates, without our approval, not really a level playing field.

Top Bottom