Made with Love

What does " GFE " mean to you ? ..Should there be a standard ?

jiggyjiggy

Joined Dec 19, 2009
Messages 632
Gen I believe there should still be an expected menu. I've seen the phrase thrown around we pay for the ladies time, that's all good to say from a legal POV but I pay to have pure raunchy sex. If I see GFE listed and I 'm only given a CBJ I am not a happy camper as I head out to catch the subway back. I am not accusing you of short changing anyone because based on your reviews you are outstanding in the service department, but there are ladies out there that intentionally mislead the clients in order to make the quick buck.

GenevieveLajoie

Joined Nov 11, 2009
Messages 297
jiggyjiggy said:
Gen I believe there should still be an expected menu. I've seen the phrase thrown around we pay for the ladies time, that's all good to say from a legal POV but I pay to have pure raunchy sex. If I see GFE listed and I 'm only given a CBJ I am not a happy camper as I head out to catch the subway back. I am not accusing you of short changing anyone because based on your reviews you are outstanding in the service department, but there are ladies out there that intentionally mislead the clients in order to make the quick buck.
Of course there are. But isn't that what review boards are for?

Also keep in mind that there is a significant market for safe GFE, and those who are looking for a safe experience don't consider a CBJ to be antithetical to a girlfriend experience. Like there are many clients who for personal reasons do not want to kiss, but are still looking for a GFE provider.

My point was that there is not one single definition of what GFE means, not from the perspective of the providers, nor from the perspective of the clients. So what matters is what you consider GFE, and to find those providers who fit within your definition of GFE.

D

Demien2k5

If there is at some point going to be some form of industry standardization and regulation implemented, I call first dibs for the job of "GFE Regulator". Looking forward to overseeing client sessions on behalf of the industry from the comfort of my cushy office (in the condo closet) where I can discreetly monitor (peering creepily through the louvred doors) all the action and render the necessary compliance judgements.

Where do I go to get my official "Chicken Inspector" Badge? :cool:

j

BANNED
Joined Apr 4, 2010
Messages 258
Demien2k5 said:
If there is at some point going to be some form of industry standardization and regulation implemented, I call first dibs for the job of "GFE Regulator". Looking forward to overseeing client sessions on behalf of the industry from the comfort of my cushy office (in the condo closet) where I can discreetly monitor (peering creepily through the louvred doors) all the action and render the necessary compliance judgements.

Where do I go to get my official "Chicken Inspector" Badge? :cool:

If such regulation happens in Canada, chances are Occupational Health and Safety protocols will be put in place, and that translates to cbjs when bbbjs are considered hazardous and become "illegal", as in New Zealand. Their OHS manual is extensive, and in some places, hilarious, and includes rules against smoking in the workplace, disposal of hazardous waste, instructions on what to do if the condom breaks, etc.

pg 22 Sex Workers The PRA health and safety requirement apply to every person who provides commercial sexual services. Section 9 of the PRA (Prostitution Reform Act) requires every sex worker not to provide commercial sexual services unless they have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that a prophylactic shield or other appropriate barrier is used. This duty is applies if those services include vaginal, anal or oral penetration or another activity with a similar or greater risk of acquiring or transmitting sexually transmissable infections. The PRA also makes it an offence for a sex worker to state or imply that a medical examination of them means that he or she is not infected, or likely to be infected, with a sexually transmissable infection.

pg 23 Clients The PRA's requirements apply to any person who receives or seeks to receive commercial sexual services. Section 9 of the PRA (Prostitution Reform Act) requires every client of a sex worker not to receive commercial sexual services unless they have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that a prophylactic shield or other appropriate barrier is used.

Failure to do so can mean a hefty fine.

I expect there are also some eye wash stations conveniently located in the (legal) brothels, and safety inspectors come by all the time to ensure protocols are being following, the safety posters are prominently displayed, and the work rooms are clean and sanitary. (some brothels in Germany were shut down last year due to failure to meet minimum sanitary requirements).

Mineshaft

Joined Feb 16, 2010
Messages 54
Seems pretty straightforward to me.

GFE = GirlFriend Experience.

Have you ever met a guy who had a girlfriend that would not let him kiss her? Legitimate medical reasons notwithstanding, passionate kissing in our culture is a staple of every healthy relationship. Even in the movies, the easiest way for a couple to pretend to be GF/BF is to embrace with a deep kiss. Therefore, if a GFE is offered but there's no real kissing then the "experience" is simply not there.

Grefin

Joined Mar 10, 2010
Messages 111
Mineshaft said:
Seems pretty straightforward to me.

GFE = GirlFriend Experience.

Have you ever met a guy who had a girlfriend that would not let him kiss her? Legitimate medical reasons notwithstanding, passionate kissing in our culture is a staple of every healthy relationship. Even in the movies, the easiest way for a couple to pretend to be GF/BF is to embrace with a deep kiss. Therefore, if a GFE is offered but there's no real kissing then the "experience" is simply not there.

Right on spot MS. Thats exactly what it is. If no kissing its just an "Experience" Not "Girlfriend Experience"

Esquire

Joined Jun 30, 2010
Messages 346
GFE means there's a companionship element, and not just mechanical sex, so it's somewhat more intimate, and usually includes kissing possibly with tongue, and bbbj.

However, 'Safe GFE' means little or no kissing and CBJ.

Nova5

Reviewer
Joined Jun 16, 2010
Messages 3,118
GenevieveLajoie said:
I always find it a bit funny when threads like this one appear with suggestions to "standardize" services. Notwithstanding the facts that 1) this industry cannot by definition be standardized, and 2) what is provided and how it's called is ultimately up to the provider to decide, the idea of a "standardized GFE" assumes that every client is looking for the same thing when it comes to the Girlfriend Experience.

But as it is clear that not every guy like the same type of women, it should also be obvious that not every guy is looking for the same kind of experience when they are looking for a GFE provider.

From my experience, I can assure you that there are as many definition of GFE from the client's perspective as they are from the provider's perspective. For some, what defines a GFE is the kissing, for others, it's the atmosphere and the feeling that "you're not paying her", for many, it's the connection with another human being, and for others, it's a "menu" list.

So, rather than trying to come to one agreed upon definition of GFE (which is by definition a vain attempt), why not just focus on finding the providers that provide the kind of GFE that you are looking for?

Gen, for me what is central to GFE is the SP’s ability to create the illusion of intimacy . . . in other words to treat me more like a lover than a client . . .

LickingGravity

Reviewer
Joined Sep 9, 2010
Messages 4,747
In a text messaging world GFE is just short form for a list of services that should include DFK, BBBJ, DATY. All of which needs to be qualified by YMMV to take into account breath cleanliness etc.

The business side of the industry frequently uses it as a marketing tool and that has tended to confuse the issue by layering on the intangibles or worse substituting the basics for the intangibles. I don't care how you slice it I would not describe any session "post mortem" as GFE if I got a CBJ ( which I just happen to dislike) no matter how nicely she held my hand and wispered sweet nothings in my ear.

alexmst

Joined Jun 20, 2010
Messages 70
Back in the days when I first started hobbying standard SP sessions did not contain kissing. Most SPs didn't offer this, as it was a reserved for a b/f type thing. So, GFE basically as I see it evolved to include LFK or DFK, YMMV but some form of kissing: that which was previously held back for a b/f-g/f only relationship. The 'just for the b/f" thing became BBFS. As a result there are many GFE SPs who, aside from BBFS, will offer just about any standard service a client would like.

The funny thing is according to oldtimers back in the 1970's and before (before I started hobbying) BBFS was often offered, but kissing was a no no. Ah, the joys of the pre-AIDS existence when almost all STDs could be cured with antibiotics lol.

When I see a girl who describes herself as GFE I tend to expect conversation and kissing.

Eric Blair

BANNED
Joined Sep 6, 2010
Messages 236
Some of the girls, I suspect agencys more, especially with Korean girls are really pushing the limits. The girls don't want to kiss the customers but the agents want to advertise "full GFE" this creates a lot of angry exchanges client vs SP and client vs agency.

Can you hear me TAG141

Top Bottom