Made with Love
Hush Companions
Playmates Toronto

VISA Debit Savings Account

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.
Joined Sep 10, 2015
Messages 1,482
I went to the bank today and put $800 into a savings account. Not for the interest rate - 0.05% - but for the method of using a VISA Debit card.

I haven't owned a credit card for about 3 years - after I came home from Japan - and there were a few times when I needed a credit card but was without. I searched for a solution and came up with the VISA Debit Savings Account option.

I can use my credit card online - just signed up for MLB.TV and Crave TV. Now, I can watch every baseball game each night around the league. With Crave TV, I can watch all the Seinfeld and South Park I want - every episode. I can pay for my Japanese dating website membership too.

Awesome. If you are without a credit card (as I am), consider it as a great alternative. Pre-load with the amount you want and use it like a credit card where credit cards are accepted. No interest charges at 19.99%.

U

User-E

Not all businesses will accept the Visa Debit card as a credit card, such as hotels and car rental places, because Visa won't insure the purchase like they do when you buy something with a real credit card.

Joined Sep 10, 2015
Messages 1,482
Not all businesses will accept the Visa Debit card as a credit card, such as hotels and car rental places, because Visa won't insure the purchase like they do when you buy something with a real credit card.

Never thought about that. Thanks for the info.

For me, I carry car rental insurance on my auto policy. I can waive the fee as many times as I rent for the whole year - costs $56 as part of my premium.

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
Is this any different than a debit card at any bank?

Top Bottom