Made with Love

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
Going to throw this out there, show some guts, please comment.

If and when air travel is more available, even with Covid-19 still existing at a what ever minimal level in various countries, and a vaccine is available

What does everybody think about instituting laws that limit air travel to only those who have legitimate proof of being vaccinated, until the virus is eradicated, if that is the proper term,... DOC.

This would of coarse include any who reject receiving the vaccine, for ignorance and religious reasons.

Don't be shy, speak up, regardless of how you feel.

This could also apply to cruises.

Last edited:

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,231
This is such a hard one.

I agree that anti-vaxxers are mostly ignorant. Not dumb stupid people. Just truly ignorant. And I agree that for the safety of others, some measures taken to ensure vaccinations happen, would be a good thing.

But......... taking some rights away from the people is a scary thing as well. How far to we let others control our lives? How much of our personal freedoms do we give up?

I wish it was as easy as everyone gets on board, but difference of opinions is what makes us human. Individual thought and freedom of expression, of choice, are in some ways, just as important.

I don’t know where I would stand on this to be honest. I want to be on the vaccinate all, but I don’t want to be the person who suppresses the freedoms of others.

Good question, I have no answer for you. LOL

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
I understand your concerns !
I'm not stating everybody must be forced to have the vaccine, but if they opt out, then they should NOT be allowed to enter an airplane, or cruise ship for that matter.
For the FREEDOM of those who are flying and cruising to avoid having to worry about being infected by a killer virus, let alone being infected an dying from it.

If one doesn't want the vaccine, fine, but you are NOT coming on the same plane as me.

Even before this pandemic, there is now the issue of whether or not non vaccinated children should be allowed in public schools.

Polio was eradicated, by vaccinating children, it has made a reappearance, simply because of those who are blinded by stupidity, one cannot express this any other way.

Last edited:

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,231
Ditto..

I'm not stating everybody must be forced to have the vaccine, but if they opt out, then they should NOT be allowed to enter an airplane, or cruise ship for that matter.

But then that opens the doors to banning children from school unless they are vaccinated. Which many push for and again, part of me agrees, but part of me worries about the loss of freedoms. Especially when it comes to choosing what or what not to put in your child’s body.

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
But then that opens the doors to banning children from school unless they are vaccinated. Which many push for and again, part of me agrees, but part of me worries about the loss of freedoms. Especially when it comes to choosing what or what not to put in your child’s body.
What about the "freedom" to have your child not get diseases ?
THAT must take president over ones beliefs and ignorance.

I am in favour of banning children who were unfortunately born to stupid parents.

Thousands should get diseases because of a couple of idiots, I think not.

Prick

Reviewer
Joined Jun 20, 2018
Messages 337
1587060418599.png

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,231
What about the "freedom" to have your child not get diseases ?
THAT must take president over ones beliefs and ignorance.

I am in favour of banning children who were unfortunately born to stupid parents.

Thousands should get diseases because of a couple of idiots, I think not.

I agree with children's freedoms as well.

This is why I am not in a position of power. These are not the rock and hard place choices I want to make.

I can have an opinion which is I feel that all people should be vaccinated AND I believe that people have the right to freedoms like deciding what is put into their own body.

I don't have the right answers and I'm the first to admit that.

Not popcorn needed. Robertson and I can have a civil conversation even if we disagree. Which we kind of don't but do in his case.

I know others find that difficult but I generally have no problem with debating in a civil manner.

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
I agree with children's freedoms as well.

This is why I am not in a position of power. These are not the rock and hard place choices I want to make.

I can have an opinion which is I feel that all people should be vaccinated AND I believe that people have the right to freedoms like deciding what is put into their own body.

I don't have the right answers and I'm the first to admit that.

Not popcorn needed. Robertson and I can have a civil conversation even if we disagree. Which we kind of don't but do in his case.

I know others find that difficult but I generally have no problem with debating in a civil manner.
Yes we are adults Jessica, and we can have adult disagreements, unlike some here.
Besides, how could I get nasty with you, while glancing at your signature while typing :giggle:
But of coarse, you know that 😍
One last comment on this subject, I agree that people should have some say about what goes into their bodies, but I am not condoning forced vaccination, just accepting the consequences of not doing so.

Last edited:

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,231
One last comment on this subject, I agree that people should have some say about what goes into their bodies, but I am not condoning forced vaccination, just accepting the consequences of not doing so.

That is a good point. It is a reaction to an action of the individual instead of a direct action from a government body.

I think that all persons should where a helmet when on a bike, motorcycle, Scooter, etc. I believe that all persons have the right to their choice of religion. The choice of your religion denied you the option of wearing a helmet, then you have to deal with not being able to ride. Just like being denied certain foods.

So I get the point and to that I would agree. You choose not to vaccinate, you choose not to fly.

You can’t do that with schools though as at least here in Canada, education is a legal right until age 16. That would bring it back to a conflict of competing rights.

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,231
Did you all hear airlines are sitting on 10 billion dollars of unused flights?. No cash return only vouchers.

Yes, at first they were offering cash refunds and then changed that to vouchers only. Able to be used over the course of 2 years.

But there is a very slim chance that you will get a new trip for the exact same money. You won’t get money back if you book a trip less then your voucher. To use the whole thing, you will most likely pay more.

Joined Jan 24, 2011
Messages 639
To use the whole thing, you will most likely pay more.

I would disagree. I believe they will be tons of deals to be had after this is over. I do wish Trudeau would do the same as Trump did for the restaurant industry. Americans can now deduct all restaurant meals as PR expenses. That would be a big help for hotels too.

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,231
I would disagree. I believe they will be tons of deals to be had after this is over. I do wish Trudeau would do the same as Trump did for the restaurant industry. Americans can now deduct all restaurant meals as PR expenses. That would be a big help for hotels too.

Then you will waste money because the trips are cheaper. You end up losing money.

If my trip voucher is $5000 but the new trip will only be $4000, you lose $1000.

From my understanding anyway. It is for one trip booking only.

Top Bottom