Made with Love
Hush Companions
Toronto Passions

'Unbelievable' sportsmanship in softball game

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

Howiediddot

Joined Mar 23, 2010
Messages 64
PORTLAND, Ore. - With two runners on base and a strike against her, Sara Tucholsky of Western Oregon University uncorked her best swing and did something she had never done, in high school or college. Her first home run cleared the center-field fence.

But it appeared to be the shortest of dreams come true when she missed first base, started back to tag it and collapsed with a knee injury. She crawled back to first but could do no more.

Members read the rest of this amazing story and ask yourself "Would I and my teamates have done the same?.

png2

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 140
You do know that story is more than 2 years old right ?

That's not to say it wasn't an example of good sportsmanship.

Howiediddot

Joined Mar 23, 2010
Messages 64
png2 said:
You do know that story is more than 2 years old right ?

That's not to say it wasn't an example of good sportsmanship.

No I didn't know it was that old, a friend e-mailed me the link and was touched. Thought to share it with all.

Rock

Joined Jan 31, 2010
Messages 115
Old or not the kid's parent should be walking proud. One hell of a great example of sportsmanship.

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,337
“In the end, it is not about winning and losing so much,” Holtman said. “It was about this girl. She hit it over the fence and was in pain, and she deserved a home run.”

Pretty much says it doesn't it.

Melike_pussy

Reviewer
Joined May 10, 2010
Messages 575
Then, members of the Central Washington University softball team stunned spectators by carrying Tucholsky around the bases Saturday so the three-run homer would count — an act that contributed to their own elimination from the playoffs.

Very impressive, the girls deserve their own medals.

zorro

Joined Apr 30, 2010
Messages 725
Melike_pussy said:
Then, members of the Central Washington University softball team stunned spectators by carrying Tucholsky around the bases Saturday so the three-run homer would count — an act that contributed to their own elimination from the playoffs.

Very impressive, the girls deserve their own medals.

Applaud Applaud !!

Johnnybehorny

Joined Apr 30, 2010
Messages 356
“In the end, it is not about winning and losing so much,” Holtman said. “It was about this girl. She hit it over the fence and was in pain, and she deserved a home run.”

Jiggy pass the kleenex please.

Knight Rider

Joined Nov 14, 2009
Messages 1,471
Thanks for the link to the story, Howiediddot

It shows a demonstration of true sportsmanship.

KR

Kirk Lazarus

Reviewer
Joined Dec 1, 2009
Messages 3,861
king21 said:
Only in amateurs that something like this can happen, can you imagine the Yanks and Red Sox doing this?

That's true. No way would this happen in pro sports. Having said that, if I was a team mate on the losing women's team, I would have been so pissed. I would not have wanted to hand the other team a victory and be eliminated...it wasn't like the injured girl was in a life threatening situation if she wasn't credited with the homerun.

BEER

Reviewer
Joined May 21, 2010
Messages 4,438
Kirk Lazarus said:
if I was a team mate on the losing women's team, I would have been so pissed. I would not have wanted to hand the other team a victory and be eliminated...it wasn't like the injured girl was in a life threatening situation if she wasn't credited with the homerun.

I thought it was discussed by the whole team?

smylee52

Joined Nov 16, 2009
Messages 558

Give me a break . How's that's sportsmanship ? Circumventing the rules to help your opponent gain an advantage over you is dumb .

cp31

Joined May 3, 2010
Messages 3
smylee52 said:
Give me a break . How's that's sportsmanship ? Circumventing the rules to help your opponent gain an advantage over you is dumb.

How do you figure they circumvented the rules?

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
Seriously!?!?!?

Seriously!?!?!?

How do you injure yourself jogging around the bases after a home run?

big.guy_13

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 98
Prim0 said:
How do you injure yourself jogging around the bases after a home run?

You'd be surprised what it takes to get hurt. Sometimes it just happens.

Top Bottom