AWARDS:::

We at China Shenhua Energy global office
likes to officially congratulate you for the
draw that was just held by our company
featured you as the second place winner. Our
company holds promotions each year just to
promote our global publicity and reputations
as we plan to exploit more corners of the
world with our highly valued products line.
This promotion is just one of various ways
we are presently using to achieve this
global vision of ours.

Your email address with MICRO ID: PLD-5693-
HTY-76254Ul-43FE was luckily drawn to be
this year's second place winner of a Brand
New Gallery 2012 BMW 3 Series model: which
is worth $42,505 USD and cash prize of $1.5
Million United State Dollars
, This money and
gift we believe will enable you make some
impact in the society and possibly invest in
our company in the near future.

You are hereby requested to contact our
agent for more details on our Promotion in
particular before taking further actions to
claim your prize. Ensure you inform Dr.
Francis Chen who is our fiduciary claims
official in Europe (United Kingdom) and can
understand English and some other European
Languages. See

details of him below;

Name: Dr. Francis Chen
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: Embark Lane 23, London. United
Kingdom
Phone: : Tell: +447012951160

When contacting the claims agent you should
include the following if you must get a
response from him;
*** Your Full Name:
*** Address;
*** Phone number
*** Winning email and Micros ID:

We know you must be excited and very happy
about this news you have just received from
us and the truth is that we are doing this
to put smiles into homes and hearts of
people worldwide. The only thing you will
need to pay to this company is to kindly
place our company logo on the car (BMW) that
you have just won for a minimum of six (6)
months.

On behalf of the entire management and
staffs of “China Shenhua Energy Company
Limited, I say Congratulations to you and
your family.

Signed,
Mrs. Li Haicang (Sec.)
misconduct and non adherence to instructions
leads to prize termination. Do not fail to
keep your winning information personal for
security reasons because the Company will
not be responsible for lost of funds.

Anto

Joined Jan 11, 2012
Messages 2,467
Beware the 12 online scams of Christmas

Beware the 12 online scams of Christmas

Scams run high leading up to and over the holidays, which could affect the many Canadians planning on this year, including those who plan on using a .
The security experts at McAfee have again provided a list of the most common scams. The list has been revised and updated from last year to include newer threats targeting mobile device users.

1. Phony e-tailers: Phony e-commerce sites, that appear real, try to lure you into typing in your credit card number and other personal details, often by promoting great deals. They get your money, but you never receive the merchandise, and your personal information is put at risk.

Related:

2. Malicious mobile apps: As the popularity of applications has grown, so have the chances that you could download a malicious application designed to steal your information or even send out premium-rate text messages without your knowledge.

3. Travel scams
: Before you book your flight or hotel for the holidays, keep in mind that the scammers are looking to hook you with too-good-to-be-true deals. Phony travel web pages with beautiful pictures and rock-bottom prices are used to get you to hand over your financial details.

4. Holiday spam/phishing
: Soon many of these spam emails will take on holiday themes. Cheap Rolex watches and pharmaceuticals may be advertised as the “perfect gift” for that special someone.

Related:

5. iPhone 5, iPad and other hot holiday gift scams
: The kind of excitement and buzz surrounding Apple’s new iPhone 5 is a cyber crook's dream. They will mention must-have holiday gifts in dangerous links, phony contests and phishing emails as a way to get you to reveal personal information or click on a dangerous link that could download malware onto your machine.

6. Skype message scare
: Skype is a popular way to connect with loved ones this season, but be aware of a new Skype message scam that attempts to infect your machine and hold your files for ransom.

7. Bogus gift cards
: Cyber criminals want to get in on the action by offering bogus gift cards. Be wary of buying gift cards from third parties; just imagine how embarrassing it would be to find out that the gift card you gave your mother-in-law was fraudulent!

Related:

8. Holiday smishing: “SMishing” is phishing via text message. The scammer tries to lure you into revealing information, or performing an action you normally wouldn’t do, by pretending to be legitimate.

9. Social media scams
: Many of us use social media sites to connect with family and friends over the holidays, and the cyber criminals know this is a good place to catch you off guard because we’re all “friends,” right? Beware of ads for phony contests, “stay at home” jobs, and friends’ Facebook and Twitter accounts being hacked and sending out fake alerts to all their “friends.”

10. Fake charities
: This is one of the biggest scams of every holiday season. As we open up our hearts and wallets, the bad guys hope to get in on the giving by sending spam emails advertising fake charities.

11. Dangerous e-cards
: E-Cards are a popular way to send a quick “thank you” or holiday greeting, but some are malicious and may contain spyware or viruses that download onto your computer once you click on the link to view the greeting.

12. Phony classifieds
: Online classified sites may be a great place to look for holiday gifts and part-time jobs, but beware of phony offers that ask for too much personal information or ask you to wire funds via Western Union, since these are most likely scams.

B

Boing

Here is one you should know.

JPnO1.jpg

Macho Man

Joined May 21, 2011
Messages 1,309
Share scams that cost you money.

Share scams that cost you money.

After reading this story it reminded me when I was fool enough to pay $700 to this Card reader-Guru-Witch Doctor that came from Panama a few years ago for a body cleanser. A few of us got sucked into paying it. Too long to explain but I can relate to what this woman went through.

Anyone here got sucked in by any type of scammer?.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1294183--man-charged-with-pretending-to-practise-witchcraft

The rituals were described as terrifying experiences, involving bloodstained eggs, worms and black coal.
A 56-year-old Brampton woman says she was told she was under a “curse” and these were the magical elixirs necessary to heal her. The “spiritual cure” cost her more than $14,000 she didn’t have.

Those allegations are at the centre of an unusual police investigation in which a 40-year-old Mississauga man has been charged with fraud and pretending to practise witchcraft.

The bizarre story began last fall, when Maria Roesta began having throbbing headaches. After various tests, her family doctor couldn’t find the cause.
“I was very depressed,” she said.

Roesta was later to learn her headaches were linked to chocolate with almonds. Now she goes without chocolate, but her headaches have returned with a vengeance due to stress, she said.

Roesta said she went into credit card debt to pay a self-described “healer” after she was convinced her headaches were the result of a curse and that extravagant rituals would be needed to lift it.

The most frightening point, she alleged, was when she was told to bring pictures of her two children to an appointment. When eggs were cracked over them, there was blood in the yolks, she recalled, adding she was told this meant her children were marked for death.

Police suspect the eggs were pre-filled with blood.

Another ritual involved putting lemon oil on her body. The oil turned black — another sign of a curse, she said she was told. Police said they believe the oil was mixed with ash, or something similar, to cause the colour change.
On another occasion, worms were used to scare her, Roesta said. And another time, she said she was told to drink a concoction, but soon after her stool turned black and she developed diarrhea.

“I became very angry with myself. How could I be so stupid?” Roesta, who is from Peru, told the Star.

She said she never believed in faith healers before, but sought one out after a recommendation from a friend’s son, who was happy with his treatments.

That person paid $10,000 to $15,000 for the services, according to Det. Const. James Turnbull.

Roesta said she was charged $50 for an initial consultation. Later, there were demands for $10,000. And then another $10,000.
When she heard her children were marked for death, “I went crazy,” she recalled. “I went right to my bank.”

Roesta used her credit card to pay for the rituals, but bank employees soon began asking questions. Her family also questioned why so much money was missing, and they urged her to contact police.

“I was crying all the time (over the money),” she said. “How could I be so stupid?”
In total, police said, Roesta paid more than $14,000 over four or five sessions.

On Tuesday, Gustavo Valencia Gomez of Mississauga was arrested and charged with pretending to practise witchcraft, fraud, false pretenses, and possession of the proceeds of crime.

Turnbull said the charge of pretending to practise witchcraft is so rare he doesn’t remember Toronto police ever laying it.

Gomez publishes a Spanish-language newspaper, el Negocia Redondo, police said. An ad in the paper offered the services of a healer on Dufferin St. in Toronto and also in London, Ont., and Montreal.

Gomez is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 28.

Police said they believe there may be more victims in Ontario and Quebec.

G

Guido

I never get scammed because I don't trust anyone!

If anyone knocks on my door I chase them away.

If I get a cold call they get a very cold response.

I don't give to anyone on the street,malls and cashiers asking you for a dollar.

I give to charities I select and call!

tboy

Joined Jun 2, 2010
Messages 9,197
When I was younger with no credit history, I got sucked into a car loan scam where you paid them $250 (a lot of money back then) and they got you a loan. A couple of weeks after filling out the form and the cheque being cashed the phone was disconnected. I went to the office and it was vacant. I complained to the cops but they already knew about this type of scam.

Same as apartment buildings and "key money", if anyone at any time asks you to pay a "application fee" walk away.....

P

Prick

When I was young I were trading baseball cards for cash with a kid I never met before. I handed him all my cards and he dashed faster than Ben Johnson on steroids.

Learned my lesson to always get the merchandise before dishing it out.

Top Bottom