Made with Love
Hush Companions
Toronto Passions

Treating women truly as equals is a great thing

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.
U

User-E

IfYouSeekAmy said:

Gee is this how you treat actual contributing members? No wonder so many lurkers feel inhibited and never bother posting.

I just find it odd that people who rarely contribute to the Lobby, feel the need to jump in with criticism of how other board members are interacting, especially if that's the only time they contribute.

C

cristycurves

JessieJames said:
Exactly, this is how you feel or is your opinion but lets face it, everything one says can be taken wrongly by someone else.

I believe Bito (Bob) was brought up so I'll address Bito's situation. Some will remember him as being obnoxious but he didn't really harm or hurt anyone yet he was ganged up upon and banned which was the final straw with several members who no longer post here.
Cliques are never a good thing and it has reduced me to a lurker. I rarely log on but I will admit I read the lobby threads as a non signed in lurker and occasionally chime in.

I don't believe the clique are bad people but they have a vision of how others are to act, this is not fair. We are all individuals with different ideas and we all are entitled to say our peace and as Amy stated, ignore option is your friend.

I agree with your premise, however if someone posts deliberately to offend, or bash someone then others need to speak out against it. Yes we all read into *some* things differently, but we are all educated and clever enough to read between lines and see the light also. I was on a board that loved and encouraged cliques, bullying and bias, so that is something I'll object to right away.I hate it, it's high school and unnecessary.

@Seeking Amy-thank you for the hugs and sending you some your way:)

oldguyzer

Reviewer
Joined Jun 19, 2011
Messages 15,082
cristycurves said:
@Seeking Amy-thank you for the hugs and sending you some your way:)

I need hugs too!!! All the kids in the playground are ganging up on me!!! Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!

C

cristycurves

oldguyzer said:
I need hugs too!!! All the kids in the playground are ganging up on me!!! Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!

:BigHug::BigHug::BigHug: there;s some hugs.....anything more I can do:wink2: :Battingeyelashes:

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,654
cristycurves said:
:BigHug::BigHug::BigHug: there;s some hugs.....anything more I can do:wink2: :Battingeyelashes:

Depends...................and by Depends I mean he needs changing.:LMAO:

C

cristycurves

Papa:LMAO:, that was clever, but don't make fun of Og, remember he's got a big wang or as he calls it a "big "butler":)

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,654
cristycurves said:
Papa:LMAO:, that was clever, but don't make fun of Og, remember he's got a big wang or as he calls it a "big "butler":)

Yes he often brags about his old Wang

peace

Reviewer
Joined Dec 23, 2010
Messages 29,082
IfYouSeekAmy said:
Whoa, do you really classify this as "dumping on someone" ??

ugh, Maddie, I desperately need some hugs that turn into something more

I am here. :) :great:

PS. Sorry again but I genuinely hope those "members" continue to contribute even though some of them are opinonated but aren't we all. Some are just more blunt than others. Meanwhile I honestly don't think thesun was riding on MAL's horse nor being suspicious. I hope this doesn't discourage him from contributing here regardless if he is a part time or full time contributor.

oldguyzer

Reviewer
Joined Jun 19, 2011
Messages 15,082
papasmerf said:
Yes he often brags about his old Wang

I even have a 50 baud acoustic coupler to go with it! Kiddies today say I need a new comfuser, something about getting onto antisocial medium like FacePage or InstaTunes, but I think they're all smoking weed.

HOOKED

Reviewer
Joined Jul 3, 2013
Messages 1,574
peace said:
I am here. :) :great:

PS. Sorry again but I genuinely hope those "members" continue to contribute even though some of them are opinonated but aren't we all. Some are just more blunt than others. Meanwhile I honestly don't think thesun was riding on MAL's horse nor being suspicious. I hope this doesn't discourage him from contributing here regardless if he is a part time or full time contributor.

I agree with you Peace...A forum needs varying opinion to keep it interesting.

If truth be told I find MisterAsian's post interesting, some are funny , some are to raise eyebrows but if it's truly what he feels or believes then great.

Another point not yet mentioned is this becomes a valuable tool for ladies using board handles in their screening process. They can assess based on a handles posts if they wish to entertain the client.

C

cristycurves

HOOKED said:
I agree with you Peace...A forum needs varying opinion to keep it interesting.

If truth be told I find MisterAsian's post interesting, some are funny , some are to raise eyebrows but if it's truly what he feels or believes then great.

Another point not yet mentioned is this becomes a valuable tool for ladies using board handles in their screening process. They can assess based on a handles posts if they wish to entertain the client.

Yes varying opinions are needed and we all want them . *BUT* if someone were to come on here and go on and on about different races using derogatory terms they'd be called on and and rightfully so. It should be no different for gender specific posts that are condescending and mean spirited, opinion or not. Just because someone has an opinion as to how one sex, one race, one person is,should be or whatever, doesn't mean it should be voiced, especially when it DEMEANS.
and sorry Peace, simply because you don't see him as suspicious doesn't mean he isn't. He clearly defended Mal numerous times as he did my bully, so...and..So since we all like opinions, I'll state mine, anyone that supports a bully should be considered suspect, anyone that supports a misogynist, should be considered suspect, but that's just my opinion:)
People can be racist, they can be ignorant, they can be misogynistic, vile, rude, that's their right, it's also another's right to put them in their place. Hate speech is hate speech, no matter how you wrap it and thankfully some here can see through paper.

JessieJames

Reviewer
Joined Dec 31, 2013
Messages 775
oldguyzer said:
Since, in the Bob discussion a year ago, you classified me as one of the clique, I must ask: please show me where I instigate (as opposed to responding to an obnoxious post), or how we "gang up" on members...I've been here for five years or so, and only Bob and MSC (both of whom were banned for reasons that had nothing to do with "the clique") were objects of my persistent rebuttals, and now MAL (who was left alone by "the clique" until his posts turned stupid). So how you see this as a few members dictating the will of the board I don't get...three members, all three of whom were posting obnoxious comments (and hence why two were banned). MAl has been posting other threads and "the clique" has left him "unganged up" on, simply because he was behaving as a person instead of an obnoxious troll.

You don't like my objecting to idiots? Oh well...your choice.

You misunderstand my point entirely. I wholeheartedly agree you have a right to challenge anyone including myself if you disagree with anything someone posts the same as I do if you post something I find repulsive but if the individual gets banned for nothing but defending their position then this is entirely a different issue. This was my angst and some other member's objection when Bito was banned. I only use Bito because it seems at times MAL is following Bito's path.

oldguyzer

Reviewer
Joined Jun 19, 2011
Messages 15,082
JessieJames said:
You misunderstand my point entirely. I wholeheartedly agree you have a right to challenge anyone including myself if you disagree with anything someone posts the same as I do if you post something I find repulsive but if the individual gets banned for nothing but defending their position then this is entirely a different issue. This was my angst and some other member's objection when Bito was banned. I only use Bito because it seems at times MAL is following Bito's path.

As far as I can tell, Bobistheowl is not banned, he simply decided not to post again if I remember correctly.

MSC was banned, but he deserved it.

As for MAL, when he started here his posts were welcome and we all participated. Then he started to make idiotic, antagonistic statements...deliberately trying to provoke a response...and he got a response.

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
I've never felt like I couldn't state my opinion or that I was ganged up on. I hope that nobody else feels that I've done that to them. I like to argue points and seek examples to try to sway people to see things from my point of view. I like to think that I have my own strong opinions but am opened minded enough to not take differing opinions as personal attacks.

There has only been one time that a Mod has communicated to me about a post and that was because of some information that I did not have about a situation. All was good, and we moved on. No harm done.

We are all adults here (for the most part). Try to recall that anything said here will probably have no real impact on your life (Except if you attack the working ladies). If you don't like someone's posts, ignore them and move on. I think we all come here for entertainment...I don't think anyone is here to actually hurt others.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Charlotte Edwards said:
This particular example as i've said again and again is a case of personal comfort in terms of physical sexuality, which is totally different than someone just being a jerk and saying they aren't comfortable with (insert gender/race/religion/creed) person serving them at a restaurant or calling them up on the phone. You have no idea what it's like to be a woman and how bombarded you can be on a daily basis with sexual advances and harassment in just doing innocuous things like errands, shopping, eating etc. So my point was that when it comes to being sexualized in trying on lingerie, no man should say he has the right to see a female customer and come into the room, help her do something up etc or else it's discrimination on gender. It's clearly not about saying a man cannot and isn't "good enough" or "worthy" to be able to complete such a task, it's about personal comfort, privacy and safety. Absolutely nothing to do being "unfair" in terms of trying to discriminate for no good reason - which is a problem when it comes to other jobs women are doing - which was criticized here.

I think we are miscommunicating. I'm not saying that a male employee of a lingerie shop could enforce his service upon a female customer. Rather that, a lingerie shop should be free to hire male or female employees. If a customer would prefer to have a female attendant rather than a male, then that would be their prerogative. If the shop couldn't provide the female attendant, then the customer would need to choose what they wanted to do....shop elsewhere, come back when a female attendant is available, or accept the male attendant. There is choice for both sides.

I think that a patient in a hospital should be able to request a male/female nurse if they feel uncomfortable. But they have to realize that they may not be accommodated...then they have to make a choice...go to another hospital, accept the nurses available, or postpone any care until what they want is available. The hospital isn't required to hire any number of male/female, black/white/hispanic/asian/etc nurses. Both sides are free.

Charlotte....are you arguing that the lingerie shop shouldn't be allowed to hire male attendants or that a customer should not be required to be serviced by a male attendant. I disagree with the first but agree completely with the latter.

G

Guido

I've never been ganged up on and if anyone did they'd be rolling around on the ground with a fat man in a speedo! It wouldn't be pretty and I'd probably win.

oldguyzer

Reviewer
Joined Jun 19, 2011
Messages 15,082
Guido said:
I've never been ganged up on and if anyone did they'd be rolling around on the ground with a fat man in a speedo! It wouldn't be pretty and I'd probably win.

"It wouldn't be pretty" is enough to keep me away :-Cool/":don'twantto-see:/

thesun

Reviewer
Joined Jul 23, 2012
Messages 1,334
escapefromstress said:
I just find it odd that people who rarely contribute to the Lobby, feel the need to jump in with criticism of how other board members are interacting, especially if that's the only time they contribute.
I didn't realize there was a prerequisite to follow and last time I checked Caerf welcomed all members. Ergo it shouldn't be odd.

thesun

Reviewer
Joined Jul 23, 2012
Messages 1,334
IfYouSeekAmy said:

Gee is this how you treat actual contributing members? No wonder so many lurkers feel inhibited and never bother posting.
Thank you Amy.

thesun

Reviewer
Joined Jul 23, 2012
Messages 1,334
cristycurves said:
I side with Escape and OG, I think they are both making justified comments. I find it funny how the Sun likes to "shine" on the majority of my posts yet is always supportive towards the majority mal's posts, which are clearly rude and demeaning towards women and funny how he'll dump on someone for dumping on mal, yet he himself will dump on a "select" few himself, very interesting!!:biggrin2:Hmmmmmm
There are a lot of strongly opinionated people here and yes we all have a right to speak, but there isn't a need for anyone to state theirs if it's offensive or hate based , nor should anyone want to demean someone for not agreeing, or for having a different
mindset, unless they purposely want to stir a pot.

You are assuming alot and if anything you seem to follow MAL everywhere. I let your comments speak for themselves. Meanwhile like JesseJames said previously, I am entitled to my opinions and it is up tp you to agree with them or not. You are free to ignore them but Sorry i cannot function as a Mangina. I speak for myself and no one else. If I feel MAL presented a few good solid perspectives, that is my decision. Feel free to label or accuse me but i refuse to stop expressing what i feel. Secondly you lost me on the topic of bullying especially when you called Peace of all people a bully.

Seriously Wtf...calling Peace a bully.

U

User-E

I didn't realize there was a prerequisite to follow and last time I checked Caerf welcomed all members. Ergo it shouldn't be odd.

This is what happens:

Person 'A' posts an opinion.

Person 'B' expresses their opinion of A's opinion.

Person 'C' expresses their opinion of B's opinion of A.

Person 'D' expresses their opinion of C's opinion of B's opinion of A.

and so on ...

We all have opinions, and we're all allowed to express them.

:pEACE:

Top Bottom