Made with Love
Mirage Entertainment
Hollywood Ladies

Travel ideas!

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

tboy

Joined Jun 2, 2010
Messages 9,200
Hey RG: check out meet market adventures, they list all kinds of trips and I'm sure I saw a med cruise in there somewhere.

If I were you I'd be looking at maybe a smaller guided tour? I think the big cruise ships isolate you too much from the locals. When I travel I like to get out of the tourist traps and meet the locals. The best time I ever had on any trip was when I was in Jamaica and I paid a cab driver $30.00 to take me up into the mountains and see the real sights. He took me to his brother's jerk chicken shack and I drank red stripe with the locals on the side of the road. We were there for a couple of hours and it was amazing. The stories they had to tell?

Then when I was in the Dom Rep we found MacDonald's. A guy from montreal took a vacay there and liked it so much he stayed, bought a little shack, and started serving burgers. He imported the beef and ground it himself. Man, they were some of the best burgers I ever had. We'd meet the locals there and met another guy from montreal who ran a scuba boat. The going rate was $120.00 for resort cert. and the day cruise dive and he charged us $50.00 each.

Joined May 4, 2010
Messages 191
tboy said:
.... I was there once and there were concerts in the park, minstrels roaming the streets, and just about every restaurant had something going on......

Here for the "PRIDE" parade were you?

:he:

tboy

Joined Jun 2, 2010
Messages 9,200
Friend of Greekster said:
Here for the "PRIDE" parade were you?

:he:

Here being NOTL???

No, it was years ago......and don't get me started on the toronto pride week. I had to go quote on a job just west of Church....OMFG I couldn't get near it. Not only did they close off church but Bloor was all Fucked up due to construction and you couldn't turn anywhere.

I say in one spot for an hour without moving. So I called my customer and said we'd have to wait until after.....

Now I realize that events like this have a place in the city, but as Mayor Mel said when he was in office: roads are for driving on, not celebrating. We have THOUSANDS of parks and venues for that.......

RAWD

Joined Mar 11, 2010
Messages 2,166
randygirl said:
I wonder if a Mediterranean cruise might be the way to go, if I wanted to see some of Europe? At least it would be somewhat guided, and there would be others around. Are there such things as singles cruises? lol I don't want to be stuck with the geriatric crowd. :) No offense to my elders!

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Med cruise for $2,000, all-in. Plus, the average age will likely be higher than you'd prefer. It's just the nature of the market.

Anyhow, a tboy says, a cruise really isn't the best way to see a country. It's too scheduled and rushed.

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
olayda said:
a. I agree with Auggie. A pitstop in T Dot might make your budget 4K

The budget was not set because that is all the money that is available to me! It was set because it is reasonable, and allows me to have a nice trip without going over the top crazy. :)

My plastic surgeon needs his cut, too, you know! lol

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
oddball said:
Have you decided on a destination yet RG?

Vancouver next week (for a week)! But this isn't my trip, it just came up at last minute.

Seeing as I will be out West already, I have decided that if I do a trip, I will go East in Canada and the U.S.

I heard somewhere the Berkshires are really nice this time of year.

mistermello

Joined Apr 8, 2010
Messages 136
randygirl said:
Thanks, guys!
As for traveling Europe: I am bilingual, French and English. I find it easy to understand Spanish and Italian as well. I think that works in my favor, however, it's true that I've never been overseas.

If you love scenic beauty, great food, good cheap wine, super fashion and you have a sense of adventure spend some time in Italy. Rent a car and tour Tuscany for sure. Sienna, Florence, Pisa, San Gianmano. There are lots of lovely inns there and you can base yourself at one and take trips poking around the little towns and villages. Venice is a must and the Amalfi coast is also worth visiting. I'm not Italian but I do love that country. Can you tell?

illico

Joined Jun 9, 2010
Messages 18
If you like road trips I highly suggest California Highway 1 up or down the coast. Ex:
start in LA and make your way to San Francisco and wine country. awesome view.

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
illico said:
If you like road trips I highly suggest California Highway 1 up or down the coast. Ex:
start in LA and make your way to San Francisco and wine country. awesome view.

Friends of mine did this trip and said it was amazing! One of them had the opportunity to snub Paula Abdul in a mall during the same trip...we talked about that more than the views. lol

tboy

Joined Jun 2, 2010
Messages 9,200
Snub Paula Abdul? What'd they do, ignore her?

I try that same tactic while trying to pick up women and since they don't even know I'm alive, it doesn't work that well lol......

Top Bottom