Made with Love

To some idiot drivers!!!!

Laster

Joined Mar 14, 2010
Messages 163
If you dont know how to freaken drive, dont fucking drive on 401~!!!!! What is the fucking point driving 80km on fucking fastlane???!!!! There must be a reason for it! but I cant find one! Go fucking drive on other lanes! Not on the freaken left lane!!!!!!!

C

Cycleguy007

SZZI1.jpg

Looney

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 91
Our angry friend does have a point. I have seen cops stop drivers going 80 on the fast lane because it is dangerous for other drivers that have to switch lanes all the time to pass them. Don't they teach you that in driving school?.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
We're not all bad drivers!!

We're not all bad drivers!!

I've posted my thoughts about driving on other boards...it's been a year since the original post, but I did the long drive again last month, and not much has changed.

I will admit that I cannot parallel park. :)

SillyGirl said:
Since in the last 30 hours I put approximately 710.4 miles on my car, my thoughts today are about driving. Specifically, bad driving. I've seen too much of it, and it has to stop.

Let's start with the turn signal, shall we? I totally understand cranking the tunes so loud you can't hear that it's still on, I do it myself. But really, there's a visual reminder flashing right in front of you. Do you never glance down at your dashboard?

Now I have to consider the possibility that you are perhaps merely signalling your intent to go around the world to the left, but really...it just creates an unnecessary moment of uncertainty for other drivers, and do we really need those while we're hurling steel cages down the highway at such close proximity? Pay attention, people, traffic flows best if we all cooperate.

Speaking of cooperating, I have some complaints about the way some people handle the whole LeftLane situation. If the right lane is going too slow for me, I'll drive the left...AT THE SPEED OF TRAFFIC IN THE LEFT LANE. If it's moving faster than I'm comfortable with, I'll move back over, even if that sometimes means for awhile I need to proceed more slowly than I would prefer. What I don't do is pull in front of someone who's clearly moving faster than I want to, and go 70. That's just selfish, boys and girls. We all need to get somewhere, and who exactly is it that you think you are? What entitles you to slow down miles of cars because you've forgotten that the one on the right makes it go faster???? Don't pull in front of someone, and then make them use the brakes. GTFO of the way, dammit.

Also, if I'm in the left lane and I can see someone catching up to me, I'll usually move over well in advance and let them go. If you're going 70 over there, and I have room to pass you on the right, you clearly had plenty of room to move over, and you are a total and complete asshole who should be exterminated. Preferably with the RoofMountFlamethrower I was daydreaming about today.

Tailgating. Need I say more??? Seriously, I will get out of your way if I can. But when traffic's backed up and there's no where for you to go, it will not get you there faster to hug my bumper. Especially since I just replaced it, thanks to the whole dumpster incident.

In fact, I can pretty much guarantee it will get you there slower, cause there's a funny thing about my car....when you're too close, it slows down. And it continues to do so until you back off. Sometimes the brakes flash, sometimes it's just a gradual thing...but it happens every time, it's kind of a neat feature.

Sometimes, you can tell that someone is just not paying attention to the traffic flow at all. I mean, come on...you can see there's a line of cars merging onto the highway, and the left lane is empty...what is the thought process that prevents you from moving over and letting the merge happen smoothly? Is it YOUR lane, at that point?? Are you unfamiliar with the merge concept, perhaps it's your first time on the highway? It's freaking maddening.

And I really hate to say this.....but I will, because it's true. Most of the time, it's not a guy being inattentive and screwing things up for everyone. It's usually some stupid DoucheCookie, making the rest of us look bad.

And here's a stupid little thing that annoys me on a regular basis...on tv, it often looks like the car tires are going backwards. We can clone a sheep, fix the Hubble, create symphonies...but we can't dream up a way to stop this? It's ridiculous.

Ok...I feel better now. Drive safe, kids.

ChaosTheory

Reviewer
Joined Mar 28, 2010
Messages 2,346
laster said:
If you dont know how to freaken drive, dont fucking drive on 401~!!!!! What is the fucking point driving 80km on fucking fastlane???!!!! There must be a reason for it! but I cant find one! Go fucking drive on other lanes! Not on the freaken left lane!!!!!!!

This is totally a pet peeve of mine. I like it fast.
My solution is : weave like a mad man.
(Safely of course..i need to continue coming on this board and seeing SPs after all)

Top Bottom