Made with Love

Thoughts on health care.

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
I'm just curious about what others here think.

Is it right to point out that people with certain ailments cost public health care more than the healthy? Do those who are mentally challenged deserve to live? I know some people have expressed the opinion that smokers should have to pay more for their health care since it is more likely that they will use more health care later in life. What about heavy drinkers? What about those who participate in sports where they accumulate injuries that will burden them later in life? What if it's not a lifestyle choice but genetic? Should people with higher possibilities of having health issues be denied coverage or have to pay more early on? Family history of cancer...pay more. Family history of bad eyesight...pay more.

If health care is a RIGHT, then why should anyone be treated differently? Would it be better if people sorted out their own health care?

I can see the argument for aborting embryos with genetic disorders. It's tough on the parents and anyone else who'll have to care for the child throughout its life. Some also argue that it's not fair to the kid to allow it to be born with some terrible issues.

At the same time, there are those who argue that the physically and mentally challenged shouldn't be treated any different than anyone else....that they are able to live a full and satisfactory life.

You probably know where I stand on the government controlling just about anything including health care. What do you think about these governments deciding on life or death based on the cost of care?

4b14e5a5109a943cc9566147b86fe2c1.jpg

God

Joined Oct 3, 2015
Messages 7,814
All I know is that when I need surgery or get sick my government takes care of me. Yours is too bias :blush2:

Anonymous69

Joined May 28, 2013
Messages 1,213
Your video link is a downer. As far as I understand health care is not a right in the USA as any hospital can refuse you if you don't have the funds to pay if you get sick.

G

i'd be broke if Canada didn't have free healthcare, even while i was making $1000/day. sometimes it's just out of our hands.

can't be making those born with asthma get free ventolin but smokers to pay for their ventolin, it'd be another way to exploit the system and no one would end up paying anyway lol

but also i say you can't live life banking on the fact that you'll have to "pay for it" later on in life if you have another shot of tequila :)

LarryB

Joined Jan 21, 2014
Messages 794
Obama could've succeeded if he was allowed another term. Too bad.

BlueBalls

Joined Jan 22, 2011
Messages 571
I don't think we have rights anymore. Everything is censored, spied on plus the politically correct institutions have us hanging by our balls.

Lorenzo

Joined Oct 14, 2010
Messages 709
Our thoughts means zero for those that make the rules. So this question is a lose and lose one. Hope that makes sense.

Leo

Reviewer
Joined Nov 13, 2012
Messages 2,503
None care much about the health care issues in the USA here :blush2:

Ralph Furley

Joined Sep 23, 2017
Messages 120
Canada just needs more goddamn MRI machines. The state of Pennsylvania has more MRI machines than all of Canada.

Moltow

Joined Aug 5, 2022
Messages 6
Actually, I can tell you that tracking such indicators can help you understand what's wrong with your health, and I think it's highly important. For instance, I managed to understand that I was having problems with sleep, and thanks to Full Spectrum CBD Gummies, I got rid of all the sleeping problems, so it was really helpful.

About this Discussion

13 Replies
1K Views

CAERF Community

CAERF is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom