Made with Love

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW | Official Trailer | FOX BROADCASTING

Admiral

Joined Jul 7, 2012
Messages 1,855
A twenty million dollar investment and not sure if I will like it. The majority of the people won't have an attachment to the original 1975 one so they may make a few dollars out of it. It didn't become popular until the New York Waverly threatre started showing it at midnight. Then weirdos and freaks like myself and friends started to dress up stoned and throwing rice and toast (Those were the days :biggrin2:) . It was creepy, weird and challenging. doubt the remake can hold a candle to it but will wait and see.

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
Seldom can a remake do justice in paying homage to the original.
In a world of political correctness I doubt Rocky Horror can be done with the same irreverence as the original.

I suspect it will not.......It will be like hearing "THE SHERIFF IS A BLACK GUY" in a remake of Blazing Saddles.
Which is why I do not think Blazing Saddles can be remade.

God

Joined Oct 3, 2015
Messages 7,795
Seldom can a remake do justice in paying homage to the original.
In a world of political correctness I doubt Rocky Horror can be done with the same irreverence as the original.

I suspect it will not.......It will be like hearing "THE SHERIFF IS A BLACK GUY" in a remake of Blazing Saddles.
Which is why I do not think Blazing Saddles can be remade.

About this Discussion

7 Replies

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom