Made with Love
Playmates Toronto
Mirage Entertainment

The future.

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.
C

cristycurves

and pretty soon there will be an escalator to the moon. Glad I won't be here. Progress is great but with every new invention, something dies or is endangered because of it. Obviously I'm a person that doesn't accept change easily, lol.
Instead of thinking of ways to make cluttered cities easier to navigate we should be thinking of overpopulation .

God

Joined Oct 3, 2015
Messages 7,814
Awesome idea, now if it can only be implemented in Toronto. No more rush hour traffic and we can sleep in more often.

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
and pretty soon there will be an escalator to the moon. Glad I won't be here. Progress is great but with every new invention, something dies or is endangered because of it. Obviously I'm a person that doesn't accept change easily, lol.
Instead of thinking of ways to make cluttered cities easier to navigate we should be thinking of overpopulation .

Not necessarily. Advancements in technology can actually help nature by making things more efficient. Solar power replacing nuclear and coal would be a big improvement. More efficient transportation would take cars off the road.

Technology isn't what hurts nature.

C

cristycurves

Not necessarily. Advancements in technology can actually help nature by making things more efficient. Solar power replacing nuclear and coal would be a big improvement. More efficient transportation would take cars off the road.

Technology isn't what hurts nature.

Yes and no, usually it is because nature has been harmed to an extent it's threatened that types of inventions such as solar power, then become popular or needed. Along the way to better has always been worse, and the worse has always killed off something.

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,654
Yes and no, usually it is because nature has been harmed to an extent it's threatened that types of inventions such as solar power, then become popular or needed. Along the way to better has always been worse, and the worse has always killed off something.

Without advancements you would be living in a straw covered hut and not reading this.
Likely would die before a 30th birthday and be suffering from one disease or another.

C

cristycurves

Perhaps, advancements for some things are good for others, not so much. The internet is a great thing but as you know it also carries with it lots of negativity and harm. While some things are done to help people and the planet, most "new" creations are done for profit, not for the betterment of society or the environment. Cash will always be king and come first. Truth is, we'll never know if our world today with all it's advancements is a better one than decades and eras of past, because we never lived then and even though we have history, from that can we really derive if humans were better/worse off, if they were happier/more sad, than if they existed in this time? My point is, there is a price for everything and not always a fair one:)

About this Discussion

11 Replies

CAERF Community

CAERF is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom