Made with Love

The Ethics of Cancellations

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
I have a question of good ethics for everyone.

I had a date booked several weeks in advance. The week of the date was slammed with work, and a trip out of the country popped up too, so I had to get as much done in as short a period as humanly possible.

The day before the date I find myself exhausted, stressed and with lots to do.

I sent my date a note telling him my head space wouldn't be the same, so I might not provide the same quality of companionship and explained the situation. That's the tricky thing with these advanced bookings, when they come up, you cant really anticipate what life will be like just before you're scheduled to meet.

So here's what I want to know. How would you react if your lady companion contacted you the day before and said "I'm not in good spirits, I might not be the best date" ?

Nostradamus

Joined Mar 12, 2010
Messages 22
If my lady companion contacted me with as much detail as you have provided here on this thread, rest assured she would never get another booking from me. Not because you are not feeling up to scratch the day before but because I would have expected to be notified alot earlier given your hectic week.

The tricky thing my dear is that an advanced booking (2 weeks in advance) means advanced planning. I plan in advance so I expect my lady companion to do the same.

Just my 0.02 cents.

frankpost

Joined Mar 5, 2010
Messages 371
Lauren Summerhill said:
So here's what I want to know. How would you react if your lady companion contacted you the day before and said "I'm not in good spirits, I might not be the best date" ?

IMO, I would prefer that the SP cancels if she is not in good spirits (even if she is my ATF). I would much prefer to re-schedule and have an amazing session than have the scheduled session but not to the same expected level of service.

In fact, my ATF calls me to schedule a date (Given a few days lead time, I am able to schedule myself around it).:cool: It would be a multi-hour session and would do something different each time. It is a true GFE (which is perfect for me right now).

She has called me back once because something personal happened and did not think that she will be in the right frame of mind. I was disappointed but she also knew that I would understand.

GDLLover

Joined Dec 8, 2009
Messages 439
Very interesting question considering I just got stood up yesterday, however she tried to cancel 30 min prior to the appointment with a message I wasn't in a position to get. This is totally unacceptable and I will write a review on this so others can learn from my mistakes.

My general opinion is tell me as early as possible of a change and I will be most sympathetic to almost any reason for canceling. To go through the motions when the lady is not up to it is a waste of money and time. What I do not accept is little notice where I can't make alternate plans. With your specific case, I would be disappointed however I would completely understand.

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
Nostradamus said:
If my lady companion contacted me with as much detail as you have provided here on this thread, rest assured she would never get another booking from me. Not because you are not feeling up to scratch the day before but because I would have expected to be notified alot earlier given your hectic week.

The tricky thing my dear is that an advanced booking means advanced planning. I plan in advance so I expect my lady companion to do the same.

No wrong response, and you're right. I guess wishful thinking got the better of me, that somehow I'd get ahead and it would magically work out okay. Instead I strained myself to the point of being in a foul mood.

frankpost[B said:
[/B]]I was disappointed but she also knew that I would understand.

I have to admit, having someone who knows you well and that you can count on understanding is such a God send. He was most understanding and I have to find a way to thank him and show my appreciation. I'm thinking about making the next date extended as a gift and book us theater tickets (we both enjoy a good performance). It's a shame I can't buy him a nice bottle of scotch or something, since it's hard to explain taking home gifts. Maybe he'll let me pay for dinner though!

Hopefully I can make it up to him, and as pointed out above, not make the same mistake in the future. But I can't imagine knowing more then three days in advance whether or not the week will clear up or if I'm going to be crushed right up to the last minute.

B

Beenthere123

This one is a tough call there are good valid points but I as the buyer will get pissed off if I book way in advance and then get a call the day before.I know women are not robots but SP should also be actresses and deal with the issue. Ok guys you can lynch me.

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
Beenthere123 said:
This one is a tough call there are good valid points but I as the buyer will get pissed off if I book way in advance and then get a call the day before.I know women are not robots but SP should also be actresses and deal with the issue. Ok guys you can lynch me.

I don't think you deserve to get lynched. However, if you expect an actress, after reading my website, you'd know that you aren't going to get one. It's all about how how a companion markets herself. Not every woman approaches this business in the same way. So before booking it's important to carefully read the marketing material enough to understand what kind of companionship she offers.

People who want actresses won't book me after they read my website.

I'm pretty open about the fact that I want sincerity, and have no intention of being someone's actress. I say it in my ads, on my website, and in conversation. I'm a mistress not a whore (think I'll get lynched?).

It's also one thing to want an actress when you just spend an hour together. However, our dates are extended, even when they aren't overnights. This friend and I go on week long vacations together several times a year, and I refuse to act with anyone whom I'm going to have that intense a relationship with. I have no interest in being treated like I'm on stage. If he wanted an actress I'd let him know we were incompatible suggest he see other people.

Some people hate the thought of having an actress in bed with them.

dreamblade

Reviewer
Joined Dec 5, 2009
Messages 1,080
Tough call indeed. I'm with Nostradamus in that I'm a huge advocate of "fortune favours the prepared mind."

Life does happen when you're making plans, so if you feel overextended, I would prefer you warned me instead of going through with the session half-hearted. A standard practice would be for me to find a plan B, but I believe I'd be hard pressed in finding a plan B to someone at your level.

Knight Rider

Joined Nov 14, 2009
Messages 1,471
Tough call indeed, but I am with frankpost and GNDLover on this one. I'd rather prefer the SP to cancel if she is under a lot of stress and not feeling in the mood, as it does increase the likelihood of a less than satisfying session. Given the choice of not rescheduling and getting a poor session, verses rescheduling and getting an excellent session, I'd definitely go with the later.

browsing

Joined Apr 5, 2010
Messages 65
Knight Rider said:
Tough call indeed, but I am with frankpost and GNDLover on this one. I'd rather prefer the SP to cancel if she is under a lot of stress and not feeling in the mood, as it does increase the likelihood of a less than satisfying session. Given the choice of not rescheduling and getting a poor session, verses rescheduling and getting an excellent session, I'd definitely go with the later.

+1 on this one. As disappointed as I'd be, I'd still prefer a rescheduling to a mediocre session.

jumpingjackflash

Reviewer
Joined Jan 7, 2010
Messages 2,940
I would definitely prefer to be cancelled than to spend time with a lady that doesn't want to be with me at that particular time. As long as I haven't gone out of my way by driving or jumping in a cab to get to the incall, I will accept almost any excuse as well.

Smooth

Joined Jan 31, 2010
Messages 707
I would never have any hard feeling against a lady on a cancellation, especially if it was a day before the appointment. There would be enough time to implement a plan B.

I

iceman_dci

Some of my ATF's have cancelled due to "not being in the right place" and yes, I do appreciate it as I don't want to have her uncomfortable or not being in to the session. It's hard for a client not to think for a moment that it might be him; we're human too. Reschedule for a better day.

diver12488

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Messages 74
Lauren Summerhill said:

Yes, Lauren!!! I would much rather have a provider cancel than to act! I am all about making sure that my SP has a good of time. (Though, I think that is an oxymoron since she has to put up with me... :geek:) Nevertheless, I appreciate a "real" experience because it helps give me feedback as to whether things are going well or not.

Don't tell me something feels good if it doesn't because I just might try that with someone who isn't acting!!! :lol:

H

HOF

Beenthere123 said:

Why would you get lynched? Unless you want to be?

H

HOF

Nostradamus said:

The tricky thing my dear is that an advanced booking (2 weeks in advance) means advanced planning. I plan in advance so I expect my lady companion to do the same.

Just my 0.02 cents.

I agree. Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency of my part.

Kyra.Graves

Joined Dec 16, 2009
Messages 327
Lauren Summerhill said:
I don't think you deserve to get lynched. However, if you expect an actress, after reading my website, you'd know that you aren't going to get one. It's all about how how a companion markets herself. Not every woman approaches this business in the same way. So before booking it's important to carefully read the marketing material enough to understand what kind of companionship she offers.

People who want actresses won't book me after they read my website.

I'm pretty open about the fact that I want sincerity, and have no intention of being someone's actress. I say it in my ads, on my website, and in conversation. I'm a mistress not a whore (think I'll get lynched?).

It's also one thing to want an actress when you just spend an hour together. However, our dates are extended, even when they aren't overnights. This friend and I go on week long vacations together several times a year, and I refuse to act with anyone whom I'm going to have that intense a relationship with. I have no interest in being treated like I'm on stage. If he wanted an actress I'd let him know we were incompatible suggest he see other people.

I understand this, it's been my experience that my clients prefer my genuine thoughts and feelings rather than a facade. It's what makes the industry different from others, I can force my way through a presentation or meeting but I cannot force enjoyment, pleasure and feeling sensual when my mind is caught up with other obligations.

I have found it handy to offer an alternative for my dates should I need to cancel. When I have a previously established relationship with them I usually know what their tastes are and which ladies they might enjoy spending time with so I will offer to make all arrangements to save them any hassles incurred from a last minute booking. Of course some clients do not wish to see another lady, in which case I think you are right in offering something as a thank you for understanding.

Lauren Summerhill

Joined May 6, 2010
Messages 130
Kyra.Graves said:
I have found it handy to offer an alternative for my dates should I need to cancel. When I have a previously established relationship with them I usually know what their tastes are and which ladies they might enjoy spending time with so I will offer to make all arrangements to save them any hassles incurred from a last minute booking. Of course some clients do not wish to see another lady, in which case I think you are right in offering something as a thank you for understanding.

I have in fact done this for friends when I knew way in advance that I would not be able to make our date, and they're actually excited to meet any lady I highly recommend - which is nice. And i must admit I take a little bit of pleasure playing match maker on an ongoing basis, introducing them to women they'll enjoy. It's fun :)

However, even if I make such an arrangement for the date I canceled, I still feel the need to do something extra special on our next date to show them my appreciation.

Top Bottom