Made with Love

The Daily 6

Admiral

Joined Jul 7, 2012
Messages 1,855
The Daily 6 You Likely Don't Know ... AND Why You Should.

Speaking of time real estate entrepreneur, philosopher, Quaker, and founder of Pennsylvania (is that cool or what) William Penn knew what he was talking about when he said:

"Time is what we want the most but what we use the worst".

Agreed.

A sign of the time when our currency is not money but TIME.

You've likely heard of Charles Schwab the investment company.

What you may not know, is that before Schwab started his now famous brokerage he learned and mastered something more valuable than the fortune that awaited him.

Born in 1897 Charles M. Schwab led a remarkable career when at the tender age of 35 he became President of the Carnegie Steel. A few short years later Schwab ran the largest steel corporation in the world -- US Steel Corporation.

One of the secrets behind Schwab's success was The Daily 6.

The Origins of The Daily 6
So who are what is the Daily 6?

Great question.

Let me share this through a true story ... found in Jake Findi's book "You're Either a Dreamer or a Millionaire"

Schwab, a risk taker and always pushing the envelope, was looking for an edge for his executives to do more in less time.

This set the stage for another smart fellow, Ivy Lee, who was looking for the right opportunity to introduce his "Daily 6" to the world.

What happened next when the two met changed things ... forever for the better.
Ivy Lee: "I can increase your people's efficiency – and your sales – if you will allow me to spend fifteen minutes with each of your executives."

Charles Schwab: "How much will it cost me?"

Ivy Lee: "Nothing, unless it works. After three months, you can send me a check for whatever you feel it's worth to you."

Charles Schwab: "It's a deal."

The following day, Ivy Lee met with Charles Schwab's management executives, spending only ten minutes with each in order to tell them:

Ivy Lee: "I want you to promise me that for the next ninety days, before leaving your office at the end of the day, you will make a list of the six most important things you have to do the next day and number them in their order of importance."

Astonished Executives: "That it?"

Ivy Lee: "That's it. Scratch off each item after finishing it, and go on to the next one on your list. If something doesn't get done, put it on the following day's list."

The Results Of The Daily 6
The results after 3 months ... productivity was off the charts and Schwab wrote Ivy Lee a check for $25,000.

To put this in perspective, the average worker at that time earned $2 per day.

In today's dollars that $25,000 is worth somewhere between $500,000 to $750,000.

Lee not only helped Schwab and his executives maximize their day, a new industry was born ... time management and the infamous "to do list".

Don't Confuse EFFECTIVENESS With Efficiency, let the Daily 6 become your best friend and take your game to the next level.

That said, some friendly advice.

Don't get caught up in the "to do" and being so efficient instead of being effective.

In other words, don't confuse being busy with being effective.

As I've shared before, find your ONE thing and have this as your focus for your Daily 6.

Is it simple ... yes.

But is it effective ... absolutely.

So what do you say, why not give the Daily 6 a try for 90 days and see where it takes you.

Onwards and upwards!

Top Bottom