Made with Love
Venus Toronto
Emma Alexandra Page

Teacher caught beating up student

  • Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

Bigwillie

Well-known member
Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 138
What would you do if you are the parent.
What would you do if you see it happening.
Have you ever got a beating from your Teacher?.

[video]https://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-ca&vid=639bb87a-b571-4b90-b62c-ccf3a9799c92&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:4a706732-3762-407a-9365-331c5b43223b%2Cf2acf831-7bb6-4e01-9b0b-a359b7b238e5&tab=m1209589337389&from=infopane[/video]
 
Joined May 4, 2010
Messages 191
I guess I would ask "Why is the teacher doing that?"
I got the strap from the Nun who was the principal at my grade school. My mom was there at the time as she was a teacher.
 

ChaosTheory

Reviewer
Joined Mar 28, 2010
Messages 2,346
This is never good.
I am actually used to seeing it the other way around. A teacher getting beat by a student.
 

Randy Moss

Active member
Joined Mar 23, 2010
Messages 43
Friend of Greekster said:
Does she deserve it if the kid was forever mouthy, annoying, and called her a cunt and a whore?

Just asking.

He deserves something but not a beating like that, no way Jose.
 

Harry Pitts

Well-known member
Joined Mar 23, 2010
Messages 54
Friend of Greekster said:
Does she deserve it if the kid was forever mouthy, annoying, and called her a cunt and a whore?

Just asking.

FACTS:

In the video, the teacher beating shows a young adolescent being backed into a corner, then hit, slapped and kicked by an adult woman. The teacher is allegedly Sherri Davis, a science teacher at a Houston charter school. The entire teacher beating caught on tape started, apparently, because the 13-year old boy had teased another student. While students in the classroom admit that Isaiah Johnson was misbehaving, there is no justification for a teacher beating up a student.
 

Harry Pitts

Well-known member
Joined Mar 23, 2010
Messages 54
MORE FACTS:

Some students in the classroom at the time of the beating have told investigators that there were other teachers and school employees in the room, and they did not step in. Given the fact that teachers tend to be overworked and underpaid, one might wonder why more teachers don’t “just snap.”

SHOCKER
 

GDLLover

Well-known member
Joined Dec 8, 2009
Messages 439
Maybe slightly too agressive but i'm not opposed to some discipline, punishment really straightens them out.

I don't know what the big deal is about discipline, when I went to high school it was a rough school. Teachers stuffing kids in lockers for punishment, throwing chairs at them & even the good old stick across the knuckles. I don't even want to mention the things that happened between kids. I should state that we even had 2 officers stationed in the school. I look at it that i'm respectfull of others because of it. I think that kids get away with murder now because there is no consequences, btw a main reason why there is so much violent crime on the streets.
 
H

HOF

Guest
Regardless of what the youth did, with the exception of physically assaulting the teacher, she did not have the right to put her hands on him or assault him. Teachers are not trained in physical intervention techniques. In Ontario, special education teachers and educational assistants are not permitted to restrain either. The boards have a hands off policy. It may be hard to take but it's the way that it is. It's also one of the reasons that youths are being expelled on first incident.

Some people are not cut out to be teachers are some are.

I can remember getting the strap one time in elementary school and telling my parents that night at dinner. Bad move, I got it worse from my mom. However, the next day, my parents went to the principal and my dad made it more than clear not to lay a hand on me, but to call him home or work. Let's just say, there was never a need for me to be punished at school again. LOL.
 
Joined May 4, 2010
Messages 191
HOF said:
I can remember getting the strap one time in elementary school and telling my parents that night at dinner. Bad move, I got it worse from my mom. However, the next day, my parents went to the principal and my dad made it more than clear not to lay a hand on me, but to call him home or work. Let's just say, there was never a need for me to be punished at school again. LOL.

When my mom told my dad - out came the belt.
Didn't do it again.
 
B

Beenthere123

Guest
ChaosTheory said:
This is never good.
I am actually used to seeing it the other way around. A teacher getting beat by a student.

:lol::lol:
king21 said:
My thoughts as well ,what did kid do to ilicit that kind of response from her?

Read Pitts' 2 post King

GDLLover said:
Maybe slightly too agressive but i'm not opposed to some discipline, punishment really straightens them out.

I don't know what the big deal is about discipline, when I went to high school it was a rough school. Teachers stuffing kids in lockers for punishment, throwing chairs at them & even the good old stick across the knuckles. I don't even want to mention the things that happened between kids. I should state that we even had 2 officers stationed in the school. I look at it that i'm respectfull of others because of it. I think that kids get away with murder now because there is no consequences, btw a main reason why there is so much violent crime on the streets.

Damn GD we went to the same school :eek:

HOF said:
I can remember getting the strap one time in elementary school and telling my parents that night at dinner. Bad move, I got it worse from my mom. However, the next day, my parents went to the principal and my dad made it more than clear not to lay a hand on me, but to call him home or work. Let's just say, there was never a need for me to be punished at school again. LOL.

Wow my parents did the same, No lie at all.

Friend of Greekster said:
When my mom told my dad - out came the belt.
Didn't do it again.

Shit hope you are not my brother.
 

smylee52

Well-known member
Joined Nov 16, 2009
Messages 558
.
Wow . That is a violent physical assault . Other than defending personal safety it would be hard to come up with any justification for that . The teacher was in a rage and lost control . I'll bet the parents phone is ringing off the hook with lawyers wanting to see justice done.
 
I

iceman_dci

Guest
All school's in Ontario have a zero tolerance rule for hands on contact and bullying whether physical, verbal or virtual. I have the same policy in my home. There was absolutely no reason why this Teacher needed to lay a hand on this student, no matter what he said or did. Implying that he may have done "something to deserve this" is wrong in today's society; yeah, I came from the old school where I got the yard stick across the knuckles every once in a while but you can't do that anymore; violence breeds violence.

My question would be towards the Administrative staff (Principal and Vice Principal or even the school board) as to why the Teach did this and IF they saw or heard that she was stressed or not able to cope with the day to day activities and challenges, why did they not step in? I would also be looking at her peers and ask them if they saw signs of her behaviour and why they wouldn't step forward.

Yes, she needs to be held accountable, but the school board and staff also need to take some responsiblility for this.
 
Top Bottom