Made with Love
Cupid Escorts
Hollywood Ladies

Tax time????

  • Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

lovelatinas

Senior Member
Joined Mar 18, 2010
Messages 1,702
Hello,

I mailed out my return last Friday (April 23), dropped it in the mail box. I included a cheque too because I owe money. I checked my bank account today online and there was no indication of my cheque being cashed by canada revenue. I am worried that perhaps they did not get my return yet in the mail or perhaps it got lost. If that's the case would Revenue Canada notify me (and how soon) if they did not get my return? Also what is the interest for late payments?

Any advise or thoughts?
 

Raiden

Reviewer
Joined Nov 6, 2009
Messages 6,565
If it's lost and not filed by midnight they will ding you 5% interest for not filing on time. Being lost in the mail in Revenue Canada's eyes is no excuse. I prefer to look at them as Nazis!
 

CallmeMatt

Well-known member
Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 65
Rayden said:
If it's lost and not filed by midnight they will ding you 5% interest for not filing on time. Being lost in the mail in Revenue Canada's eyes is no excuse. I prefer to look at them as Nazis!

What he said.
 

Iambad

Well-known member
Joined Jan 28, 2010
Messages 899
LL it may take weeks before they cash it, I wouldn't worry for another week.
 

Knight Rider

Well-known member
Joined Nov 14, 2009
Messages 1,471
Iambad said:
LL it may take weeks before they cash it, I wouldn't worry for another week.
What Iambad said. The govt is usually very slow at cashing cheques. Average time that I have experienced with them is about 2 to 3 weeks.
 
B

Beenthere123

Guest
LL, you are going to jail bud. Its Ok we will all visit you and King will bring a SP or 2 for you.
 
J

JohnFK

Guest
Beenthere123 said:
LL, you are going to jail bud. Its Ok we will all visit you and King will bring a SP or 2 for you.


Shit, then it makes it worth going to jail.
 
Top Bottom