Made with Love

Salesmen charged for selling $41,000 car for $66,000

Knight Rider

Joined Nov 14, 2009
Messages 1,471
https://www.thestar.com/business/ar...-charged-for-selling-by-41-000-car-for-66-000

The Mazda dealership in Orangeville may have given new meaning to the automaker’s slogan of “zoom, zoom, zoom” for motorist Madeline Leonard.

Leonard walked into the dealership wanting to replace the tires on her 2004 car. By the time she left she was on the hook for a spiffy, black 2010 Mazda6 sedan at the eye-popping price of almost $66,000, after taxes and the value of her trade-in vehicle.

That’s $25,000 more than she should have paid, according to Ontario’s auto regulator.

She says “Moe,” the salesman, talked fast. The numbers whizzed by and before she knew it she had bought the 2010 model.

JDHomersimpson

Joined Mar 12, 2010
Messages 229
Juanthepervert said:
They will maybe pay $20,000 the most if not 0 BT our system sucks.

actually offences against the consumer protection act may lead to a charge/fine of approx 250K.

How could the woman not figure out the simple math of everything and just say "no"???

Max

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 71
JDHomersimpson said:
actually offences against the consumer protection act may lead to a charge/fine of approx 250K.

How could the woman not figure out the simple math of everything and just say "no"???

Not all have sharp minds JD.

H

HOF

Don't take advantage of people!

Don't take advantage of people!

For those of you that have said it's Madeline Leonard's fault.

She wanted tires replaced on a 2004 that probably has another 4/5 years left. New tires 500-800 dollars.

The Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council (Took Action) You know just like the College of Physcians, Lawyers, Accountants, etc.

2 Senior employees charged with Breaching Ontario Consumers Protection Act.
Dealer could be fined 250 000.00
The 2 employees if convicted could face 100 000.00 each and/or 2 years less a day in Provincial Correction Facility have criminal records. (Hopefully that will happen-they'll be taught a lesson there)
Not sure why this Mazda dealer isn't a member of the BBB, but they've got an active file.
The regulator could revoke the registrations of the dealer and the salesman.
The defendents could also be on the hook for damages to Madeline Leonard. I think PTSD for this should be 250 000.00 for her trauma and fear, and a brand new Mazda donated by Mazda Canada and serviced free for the life of the car!

She go car shopping; she went tire shopping! So Madelain probably knew she would be spending 500-800 for tires. Not 66 000.00 for a new a demo model vehicle.

IMO: The Dealer should be fined 250 000.00. The employees 100 000.00 each $450 000.00 and that $ should be given to Madelain Leonard, along with a free 2010 mazda with lifelong service free of charge and all the extras included free of charge!

How did she qualify for such a large loan? Something very wrong there. Because the salesman did something fraudalent again.

The registrations and licenses of Mazda representatives remoked. 2 years less a day, in Maplehurst or Hamilton Detention. Mazda Canada should take over the dealership and good proper staff to sell their product.

There is the Fraud, I wonder if the OPP should be looking into that one.

This woman, may not appear intellectually disabled, but that doesn't mean she isn't. She lives on 2000.00 disability for which she would never be granted such a loan. Most fishy behaviour on the Employees part

The only question regarding Madelain Leonard is she fit to be driving, but I'm sure MTO and her GP say yes. She probably doesn't drive alot. People don't have look like they have down syndrome to be intellectually disabled. Her GP and MTO would ensure that she's ok to drive.

How would you feel if this happened to one of your family members. This is happening to Seniors, Challenged, Young folks.

My dad had a fender bender in a mall parking, and called me, so I want over. I told him don't say anything til get there. Pizza Deliver Boys junker had a small dent and a black mark. My Dad's car no dents, just a scrath of paint. I like at the young man, who had tood me 700 or more to fix it. I laughed at him. Dude, it's not worth 700.00, you need tires, muffler, there's more dents all over the car. You have a cracked taillight and cracked in the windshield. I took my rubber matter and banged out the small dent. He lipped off at me, and I asked my dad to sit in the car. I told the young man, your car you need for worth right? He said, Yes. I said if I call HPS, you car will be taken off the road, plates, gone, HPS arrives their gonna see all the damage and wrongs with your vehicle, you don't want that do you. You get my point young man, you're not gonna fleece my father, now you can choose to walk away and forgettaboutit because I don't mind telling your boss about your unsafe feeliing or the HPS your plate number about you unroad worthy vehicle.

Top Bottom