Made with Love

Roots miniseries starts tonight.

Excel

Joined Jun 16, 2012
Messages 391
[h=1]Snoop Dogg Calls for Roots Boycott: 'They Just Want to Keep Showing the Abuse That We Took'[/h]
"How the f--- they gonna put Roots on on Memorial Day? They gonna just keep beating that s--- in our heads of how they did us, huh?" he said in the video. "I don't understand America. They just want to keep showing the abuse that we took hundreds and hundreds of years ago. But, guess what? We taking the same abuse."

Snoop Dogg, 44, went on to say he would prefer to see a series that doesn't retread the painful past of African American history.

"When you all going to make a motherf---ing series about the success black folks is having? The only success we have is Roots and 12 Years a Slave and s--- like that, huh? F--- ya'll. I ain't watching that s---," he said. "F--- them television shows. Let's create our own s--- based on today, how we live, and how we inspire people today."

, who starred Kunta Kinte in the original miniseries and serves as an executive producer on the revival, he hopes the new version will spark conversation about important issues.

"I'm hoping we can create a conversation about race that is absent fear, anger, guilt and shame, and just deal honestly with what continues to hold us back," Burton said. "This is an opportunity."

Roots premieres Monday at 9 p.m. ET and airs nightly through Thursday on History.

Canada-Man

Reviewer
Joined Apr 16, 2015
Messages 2,281
not watching anymore slave movies. why not make a fictional show about a fictional black african or carribean nation/colony that gained independence in the 1960s from the U.K or a colonial power .and the struggles to build the nation?

Top Bottom