Made with Love

Riots Downtown Toronto

B

Beenthere123

6 pm Breaking news. Stupid protesters setting fire to police cruiser, breaking windows etc...

What is wrong with these people, thought it was to be a non violent one as the papers said.

(Sorry King I beat you to this one)

C

Cycleguy007

Bunch of fucking idiots!

It's assholes like this that provides the excuse for the organizers to warrant $1 billion budget in security expenses! :roll: Why ANY country would want to host this thing is beyond my level of comprehension... :eek:uch:

**shakes head**

randygirl

Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
olayda said:
I'm glad were all on the same page with this.

Don't get me wrong. Many of the protested issues are valid. I strongly support the right to protest and it is one of the freedoms we have as Canadians which we should never take for granted.

More power to the peaceful protesters. Having said that, these car burning window breaking ignorant
vapid violent protesters are embarrassing. Obviously without enough synapses at their disposal to make any compelling argument, they rage like the sub peasants they are and belittle the cause of the people. It's likely they don't understand it anyway.

Just like angry children having a tantrum when they are unable to process their emotions, they should be put in a pit of snakes and pissed on ( not that I think angry children should suffer this fate. Only occasionally ).

OK, rant over. Thanks for listening

:grrrrrr:

I agree. They completely discredit themselves. They are not protesting anything, but rather taking the opportunity to smash things sans repercussion under the guise of political action. Embarrassing indeed.

Kirk Lazarus

Reviewer
Joined Dec 1, 2009
Messages 3,861
Auggie said:
Peaceful protesters are being trampled by mounted police in the designated free speech zone at Queen's Park.

You guys support this?

There is no such thing as a designated free speech zone. Canada is a free speech zone. And free speech is subject to safety, so I support this if the protesters threatened safety.

king21 said:
Protestors are now marching down Yonge st, some store windows have been smashed

Deja Vu- Yonge st riots of 1991

King, were you working in that area today? The news was saying Dundas Square area was chaotic.

Beenthere123 said:
6 pm Breaking news. Stupid protesters setting fire to police cruiser, breaking windows etc...

What is wrong with these people, thought it was to be a non violent one as the papers said.

(Sorry King I beat you to this one)

Damn protesters and damn G020! This really put a damper on my plans to hobby this weekend!

It's too bad that all talk about G20 is the violence and not the important world issues discussed at the G20. Good job protesters!

SloCumHeat

Joined Mar 11, 2010
Messages 964
king21 said:
Protestors are now marching down Yonge st, some store windows have been smashed

Deja Vu- Yonge st riots of 1991
Protesters hit Yonge between Dundas and College at around 4:00pm, they turned west towards Queens Park.

Auggie said:
Peaceful protesters are being trampled by mounted police in the designated free speech zone at Queen's Park.

You guys support this?
Not so sure about trampled. Shot at with rubber bullets, yes.

png2 said:
Documentation please.
Check the news, there were violent confrontations during the stand-off at Queen's Park.

SandOnTheBreeze

Reviewer
Joined Dec 7, 2009
Messages 807
I live downtown and decided to walk around after dinner to see what was going on. Yonge and Dundas was pretty quiet. Most of the action seemed to go on on Queen St, west of University. Saw some of the flaming cars and was even charged at by horses.

SloCumHeat

Joined Mar 11, 2010
Messages 964
Adelle St Clair said:
I watched this happen. A woman in her mid-40s wearing a green shirt fell down as police charged (probably at some ass who was being unnecessarily provocative). It was a line of riot cops followed by the horses, followed by another line of cops; the first line knocked her down, the second, with horses trampled her while she lay in the fetal position on the ground, and the third group arrested and dragged her off as she couldn't stand up. This woman had done nothing to provoke them and had been caught up in the madness around her: theme of the day. The behaviour of 'rioters' (not peaceful protesters) and 'riot cops' was absolutely disgusting.
Did not see that incident personally Adelle. Was this at Queen's Park, after 7pm?

Many of the people around Queen's Park circle were not even part of the protest. I saw elderly people, kids, children, just ordinary people there. But I agree that once the riot cops marched forward and let those on horses thru, it was pure madness and chaos.

mistermello

Joined Apr 8, 2010
Messages 136
Adelle St Clair said:
A little bit of empathy, communication, and understanding would go a long way in this world.

Adelle

Adelle, Somehow I figured you might be there. I don't agree with some of your positions and there are so many various groups represented in the protests that I'm not clear about who thinks what and why. But I fully support your right to express them in the form of peaceful protests and demonstrations.
You are right in your assessment that that many intelligent voices were not heard today because of the violence and destruction. What I am a little surprised at is that so few protest group organizers denounced violence prior to today and how many don't seem too pissed off that their agendas were hijacked be the morons who perpetrated those acts. They hid among you, and manipulated you and the media for their own gratification. Total shame on them.

I am sure not all the cops acted as they should have but many showed remarkable restraint when being spat at and pelted with bags of urine and feces. I'm glad you are safe and hope you hear from your friend soon.

I

iceman_dci

Unfortunately, it's not the police who should be blamed but the few "over stimulated" protestors that caused an otherwise, peaceful protest into a shamble and ruined it for people with the likes of Adelle.

Smells very similar to the OCAP bumbling idiots with their extremist actions.

K

Kingfisher

iceman_dci said:
Unfortunately, it's not the police who should be blamed but the few "over stimulated" protestors that caused an otherwise, peaceful protest into a shamble and ruined it for people with the likes of Adelle.

Smells very similar to the OCAP bumbling idiots with their extremist actions.

I can guarantee you that it was those morons from OCAP that had a big hand in all of this. These fucked up cowards claim to have a high moral argument that they are fighting for. Well then why was it so important that they hide their faces with masks and change clothes to avoid capture?

To me if you have a real complaint, you man up and state your argument not destroy shit and run and hide.

The whole membership of OCAP are nothing more than fucking goofs.

kf

K

Kingfisher

king21 said:
They are from an anarchist group called the Black Bloc, who pretty much show up at any major protest, and do as much violence they can and spoil the peaceful protest.

Police know who they are and have arrested many of them.

Black Bloc is not a group --- it's a tactic. It's an attempt to cause enough shit by a small portion of the anarchist group in an area away from their real goal. In theory it should make the main goal, in this case the fence, easier to obtain by drawing security away from the main target.

Problem is that the morons from OCAP forget that LE has seen this tactic many times and are now very aware on how it works and LE has developed their own tactics to combat it.

kf

Bear669

Joined Jun 7, 2010
Messages 614
My first reaction also, but actually very clever strategy-

My first reaction also, but actually very clever strategy-

Maurice Boscorelli said:
Why are the cops just letting these losers riot like this?

If ever I have seen anybody who deserves a beating it is these hooligans.

I mean this is in our backyard for fucks sake.

Just thoughts but-

1) First priority of security forces is to protect the G20 enclave
2) Police back off (well away from the enclave)- so very limited potential for acusations of police brutality, blah blah
3)FLAMING police cars! Perfect way to a)let the scum :grrrrrr:show their hand b)win over the general public
4) Police gather HUGE amounts of clear evidence of violent crime.
5) Bad guys get hunted down in the dark of night, in smaller groups, and indeed over the next few days:666:.

Absolutely amazing- no deaths, few injuries. Its a HUGE pissoff to see what these scum did to my country, my city- but remember the 'Battle of the Boxes!'

K

Kingfisher

Bear669 said:
Just thoughts but-

5) Bad guys get hunted down in the dark of night, in smaller groups, and indeed over the next few days:666:.

LOL You said it brother .... 135 arrests at 11.30pm Sat. over 500 arrests by Sunday morning.:happy:

kf

tboy

Joined Jun 2, 2010
Messages 9,197
Just my 2 cents worth:
1) If you're going to protest canada's practises, why do it now? You can protest what canada does any day of the week at Queen's park or the Parliment Buildings in Ottawa
2) WTF are the elderly and children doing ANYWHERE near any of this? Are they fucking insane? If I was a cop I'd be walking among those children and removing them from the area and arresting the parents for reckless endangerment.
3) I'm actually surprised there aren't more beatings by the police. If ANYONE is part of ANY protest, and it starts to turn ugly, Get the fuck outta the area. You don't have to be einstein to realize that if the police feel like they're in danger, they WILL attack and defend themselves. Just like citizens, if you're part of a group that is being approached by a larger group, they WILL defend themselves.

How can anyone be surprised that the police will use force? If you're there, and approaching a line of police, if you DON"T stop before a certain point, someone's going to get hurt.

There is a time and place to protest. This isn't it. Why not protest when there isn't a line of riot gear laden police standing in your way? Why not protest when you can form 1,000's of people in front of a government buidling with NO police presence? Oh, because there is no risk of confrontation.

Peaceful protests do NOT include confrontations with anyone........

My congrats to the police force for self control. I'm actually surprised there haven't been any reported deaths or severe injuries.....

BTW: who do you think they are protesting TO? Certainly not any of the bigwigs. They are miles away behind closed doors and won't hear about any of this until days later.

The only people you are protesting TO are the police guarding the safe zones. BFD do you think they care?

Me again

Joined May 21, 2010
Messages 398
A protester weeps infront of a line of riot police, she said that she just wishes to be let through and have her right to protest in peace in Toronto's downtown core.

Protesters attack a police car at Bay and King during the G20 in downtown Toronto.

An anarchist group travelling north on Yonge Street smashed windows.

About this Discussion

51 Replies
10K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom