Made with Love

Review Numerical Rating System Standard

ChaosTheory

Reviewer
Joined Mar 28, 2010
Messages 2,346
HUBGFE bros,

We have all seen the numerical rating system used in reviews, I assume to compare the SP to other SPs the reviewer has seen.
Whether you use it or not it is a personal choice.

I think it could be very useful and add value to a review if used against a universal standard, if possible, and honestly.

What is your standard when assigning numerical values the these categories (1-10):

Facial Looks:
Body:
Personality:
Service:
(I am not sure if I am missing a category or not, as I don't use it myself)

The purpose of this thread is to ideally develop a board universal standard for this system to which we can match the numbers and try to reduce its subjectivity and make it more relevant.
Otherwise we are just throwing up numbers and forced to look up the reviewers previous reviews to get any kind of use out of them.

This may or may not be possible, what do you think and/or what is your standard.

H

HOF

Anytype of review is subjective because everything is YMMV.

There is no way of pleasing or satisfying everyone's idea of 10's.

Just like, anyone that has a good time with a lady gets called a shill. LOL.

DudleyDoRight

Reviewer
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Messages 28
Numerical ratings are inherently flawed unless there is only ONE reviewer

Numerical ratings are inherently flawed unless there is only ONE reviewer

I'm a moderator on another board which makes EXTENSIVE use of numerical ratings for the SPs, and I have to say that while it is a good idea in theory, it does not seem to work in practical terms. Beyond the obvious issue of personal preferences, there is the very real human urge to complement (or please) those we like (which usually results in a slightly better rating than an objective test would justify) and to penalize those we don't (with the obvious effect on rating). Not only that, but you see some SP that you know from personal experience is really a "6.5" but the last reviewer gave her an "8.0". Now you go see another SP and she is definitely a true "8.0" in your estimation, but since some other reviewer has said that your 6.5 is an 8.0,then your 8.0 must be a 9.9, so you rate her that way. I see it happening every day.

I truly wish this could be well implemented, but it just keeps breaking down. I have to keep disapproving reviews with grossly inflated ratings and then people's noses get out of joint and it keeps going downhill. My advice: don't do it.

dreamblade

Reviewer
Joined Dec 5, 2009
Messages 1,080
Hating the numerical system in the first place, I wonder what's the point of having a 10 on the scale if it's an unattainable number.

It's best to describe the looks as GND or Model, but even then it remains subjective. For example: Noir, to me, is the gold standard. I've always considered her to be model-level in terms of face/body. I've seen guys rate her as a 7.
Then there's Logan, of Exq, who has been drooled over by so many she needs an umbrella. When I met her at a party last year, I found her quite pretty, but nothing like some descriptions led me to believe.

So in this case, who is right? Is a Dali better than a Matisse? How do both compare to a Degas?

I like King's comparisson strategy, and have started using it myself. It allows people to draw their own conclusions on the looks of the reviewed, without being numerical.

Zachy

Joined Mar 10, 2010
Messages 340
king21 said:
I hate using number rating system when it comes to looks because of subjectiveness. One man's 10 is another's 6. That is the reason I use the celebrity look alike comparision to give the reader of my reviews a basis as to what the SP looks like. The same can be said for the body description.

HOF said:
Anytype of review is subjective because everything is YMMV.

There is no way of pleasing or satisfying everyone's idea of 10's.

Just like, anyone that has a good time with a lady gets called a shill. LOL.

Fully agree on these two statements.

athaire

Joined Apr 25, 2010
Messages 147
zachy said:
Fully agree on these two statements.
As do I. I have seen this debated on a couple of boards out west here over and over and the consensus is that the Essay format is better than the numeric format. The subjectivity coupled with the previously posted point about wanting to inflate the numbers of ladies you like will always cause issues.

As for crying shill, that is a Hobby Community problem. No matter which board you go to there is always an element that figures they know better than everyone else. I say let the newbie's post away, a shill always gives themselves away in time.

Marcus

Joined Feb 14, 2010
Messages 210
Curious said:
As do I. I have seen this debated on a couple of boards out west here over and over and the consensus is that the Essay format is better than the numeric format. The subjectivity coupled with the previously posted point about wanting to inflate the numbers of ladies you like will always cause issues.

As for crying shill, that is a Hobby Community problem. No matter which board you go to there is always an element that figures they know better than everyone else. I say let the newbie's post away, a shill always gives themselves away in time.

Well said Curious. If new member posts their first review some members jumps on it and call it a shill. That is why not too many new hobbiest posts reviews or they end up posting to useless threads to get their post count up before they post a review.

Second, Numeric ratings are useless IMO. Because i give 10 to one provider someone else gives 6 because everyone has different view and priority about providers.

j

BANNED
Joined Apr 4, 2010
Messages 258
I think the best reviews cover very basic info, and some of the best I have seen are only a few sentences. Essentially you want to know are the photos or description accurate, was it easy or difficult to connect to make an appt (some sps being notoriously late, no show, cancel, do not confirm appts, etc), was it an honest ad (services advertised were available, even considering ymmv), was the location (if incall) safe, comfortable, appealing. Did she make an effort; was she professional and honest about her self and services. None of these things require a number.

Any review is a reflection of the personal experience, and only after time do other readers get a sense of what that reviewer looks for and likes in a session, so they get a better idea of what that new review means. Revenge reviews are slanderous, tacky, petty and vicious, and can easily be seen as worthless. Glowing reviews mean that the sp did what she is supposed to do: provide an exceptional experience for that individual.

smylee52

Joined Nov 16, 2009
Messages 558
We like to reduce the girls to numbers
It's macho to put a value on those hummers
Sometimes we rate like we are the hero
When in fact our performance totalled zero

Of course the rating is a point of view
It's how the customer thought of the screw
For my money I prefer a different valuation
One that shows a human appreciation

Tell me she is pretty and warmed up your day
Tell me you hoped she would ask you to stay
Tell me your life would be complete if she joined you in slumber
But please spare me and her the insult of a number

I've heard you moan about the mechanical date
But here we are in a symposium on how to rate
Now who is mechanical mister pay for play man
Treat her like a woman and she will treat you like her man .

diver12488

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Messages 74
I agree with the artistic opinion of Smylee, and the other negative views towards numbers.

(However, if we did want to use a number system, I would be more than happy to run some statistical data and develop a linear programing model to maximize the experience for anyone with a set of SP constraints.) :lol:

ChrisD

Joined Mar 10, 2010
Messages 344
diver12488 said:
(However, if we did want to use a number system, I would be more than happy to run some statistical data and develop a linear programing model to maximize the experience for anyone with a set of SP constraints.) :lol:

Lets hear what you have in your mind

diver12488

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Messages 74
Each reviewer would have to rate the SP for given traits such as looks, services, attitude, ect.

We would need a large number of people to review each SP so we could find a mean for each trait. (Or we could assign fixed values to SPs based on a "standard")

Once we have the basic parameters, the LP model is pretty straight forward. We would create a worksheet to where a hobbyist could enter the "constraints" or value of the traits they are looking for and then you would solve the model.

Considering the amount of data and logistics needed to gather the information it is probably best to just read other peoples reviews. (Plus, I don't feel like spending the time creating the LP model) :lol:

Curious

Joined Nov 14, 2009
Messages 277
diver12488 said:
Each reviewer would have to rate the SP for given traits such as looks, services, attitude, ect.

We would need a large number of people to review each SP so we could find a mean for each trait. (Or we could assign fixed values to SPs based on a "standard")

Once we have the basic parameters, the LP model is pretty straight forward. We would create a worksheet to where a hobbyist could enter the "constraints" or value of the traits they are looking for and then you would solve the model.

Considering the amount of data and logistics needed to gather the information it is probably best to just read other peoples reviews. (Plus, I don't feel like spending the time creating the LP model) :lol:
Wow....I think I will stick to reading the reviews. That sounds really complicated and this is supposed to be fun......:)

yark

Joined Nov 15, 2009
Messages 12
diver12488 said:

Sounds like all we need is government funding and some volunteers to do the research.

Albino

Joined Feb 1, 2010
Messages 466
Rating systems are too subjective and I don't put to much thought into it. When I read a review I try and read in-between the lines. The more prolific reviewers are more easy to figure out especially if you have seen some of the same ladies. I try and follow the boys that in general have the same taste as me when it comes to the ladies.

Top Bottom