Made with Love

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
What does everybody think about this stupidity of re-naming cities, hospitals, schools etc. ?

What is the 1st thing that comes to anybody's mind when you mention the city of Vaughn ?

"Oh ya, thats the center of slave trading in Canada, just the other day I saw an auction happing."

NOBODY alive today would be aware of the any other meaning than simply a name of a city.

And the ONLY reason this bull shit is allowed to happen, is simply because governments of all levels don't have the guts to tell these idiots with too much time on their hands, to go home and do something constructive.

Toronto should be forced to change its name, because its obviously racist.

Waiting for replies from anybody with any guts to post their opinion.

All opinions welcome, insults, not so much.

Last edited:

Jenesis

Advertiser
Joined Jul 14, 2020
Messages 67
A naming is meant to be an honour and given to someone who has done extraordinary things.

If they were a slave merchant as well, then they really shouldn’t have that honour bestowed upon them.

I get what you are saying about no one knows these people anymore but that is you don’t know these people anymore. Clearly others do.

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
And just how would "people" know that somebody was a slave trader, unless you did some research about somebody who is long dead, I didn't know, and I doubt you did either.

Are you saying the city of Vaughn was named after him because he was a slave trader,... ridiculous.

Canuck was originally an insult to Canadians, but Canadians were proud to be Canadians, had the confidence in being Canadian, and over came that long lost history.

But I guess that is the difference between Canadians who are proud to be Canadians, as opposed to "Canadians", who only want to tear Canada down.

Aboriginals were at one time called savages for a reason, they attacked murdered and enslaved members of other tribes, but Canadians don't bring this up, because Canadians understand that is in the past, and has no meaning now.
Canadians don't want any reference to any Aboriginal tribes taken down, that would be unCanadian.

Should we change all German and Japanese names that appear anyplace in Canada because of those countries past atrocities, of course not, completely irrelevant now.

How about any reference to Catholic priests, as everybody knows they are all child rapists.

And don't even think about insinuating that I don't feel people of colour are not Canadians.

Jenesis

Advertiser
Joined Jul 14, 2020
Messages 67
I don’t research this stuff. I don’t know how they know, however clearly someone knows or they would not be able to speak up for others to learn about it.

But you ask for an opinion and then go on the attack when you get one.

Sorry but it makes me uninterested in debating when you do.

I’m indifferent. I don’t care if people don’t change and I don’t care if they do change a name.

I brought up a differing opinion because I thought you wanted to debate but you want to go on calling people Un-Canadian. If you feel I am un-Canadian because I don’t really care if a name is changed, then so be it. I am fine with that.

Enjoy your thread on your own.

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
Well that went all to shit.

1st, I do appreciate your effort in replying.
2nd, "I don’t care", is NOT an opinion on the subject.
3rd, I did NOT intend to insult you, my comments were for those who only want to change how Canada is NOW.
Again, its simply the name of a city, means NOTHING more, except for those who want to tear Canada down.

Another example, is BLM, that bunch are racists, pure and simple, and we don't look up to racists in Canada.

Maybe SBLM,... Some Black Lives Matter, would be more appropriate, blacks kill more blacks than all other races combined.

Again, I apologize if you took my reply to your post as an insult, was NOT the intent.

That will teach you for having the guts to respond,... :)

Jenesis

Advertiser
Joined Jul 14, 2020
Messages 67
I get you don’t believe in this stuff. BLM, gay and trans issues, religion and political issues, and you have very conservative views. Which sometimes I agree with, on the individual situation, but I don’t personally believe as a whole.

I believe that, yes, black on black crime is real. I also believe in systemic racism and believe that is a contributing factor. So while I agree with both statements, doesn’t mean I have to fully agree with some of the swilling general states that are made.

I don’t believe BLM groups are all racists. I believe many try to have peaceful protest and I think others fuck that up with their bullshit under the false guise of the BLM movement. Some
People they are punks and some because they are, yes, racist. But I don’t believe the whole group is.

Just like I believe some cops are good, some are bad. Some join to help people, some join to be able to stomp people under the protection of a badge. Same with military. Some join with pride to serve their country. Some join because they want a legal way to kill people.

This is no different. I don’t care because I am indifferent on both side the subject. It doesn’t effect me. If a name is something that bothers others, and a city decides to change it, what doesn’t it bother me any? It doesn’t let them change the name of the actual person. They can’t change history and that is all laid out on a good Google search. So what do I care?

I get the reasons for some of the places having their name changed. Like some stories in the states. Which is where I have mostly heard of this, not so much in Canada. Not enough for it to be a real problem for me. I have other things I worry about. Like this pandemic at the moment. So some name changing is something I really truly don’t care about it.

So I’m sorry to tell you but “I don’t care” is an option. It is my option because that is how I feel and you can’t tell someone how they can and can’t feel.

and yes - I have learned not to jump into a thread of yours asking for opinions. LOL

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
WOW, beauty AND brains.
Now THAT is an excellent reply, open minded, intelligent, etc.
A little noncommittal,... but your allowed :angel:

Sorry for repeating myself, but just in case anybody else is actually reading this forum,... what troubles me on this subject is, that certain factions are allowed to change Canada, based on ridiculous concepts, simply because various levels of governments don't have the guts to correctly say,... "the city or structure's name has worked for a hundred years, and now is no good ???".
Simply because some people only want to destroy and blame everybody else for their life choices.

Another recent example, some self appointed women who claims to be a community leader, stated on Canadian network TV yesterday, that cameras that are being more and more utilized by Canadian police forces, "will only serve to show just what we (blacks) have to endure, and solve nothing".

I'm not joking, that is what this idiot stated on a video to a major media interviewer yesterday.

Ok, fine, she is an idiot, and is only interested being negative and tearing down Canada, but the problem is, these are the factions that governments end up listening to.

If you bring up subjects like this to the general public, you will hear the same replies as I have posted.
But the problem is, this very same majority, All races included, will NOT EVER repeat their response in public, let alone in any form of media.

So the result of this is, the disruptive minority wins, and Canada loses.

Please do not hesitate to respond to my posts, and If I ever insult you, please let me know, I will never do that intentionally.

Last edited:

About this Discussion

7 Replies

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom