Made with Love

Quebec bans face covering in public services, raising worries among Muslims

Signingin

Joined Jun 9, 2014
Messages 961
How Ontario politicians avoided Quebec’s burka backlash: Cohn | Toronto Star

Ontarians are no better than Quebecers, or anyone else. We have no natural immunity from the virulent strains of intolerance that incubate everywhere and infect political discourse elsewhere, writes Martin Regg Cohn. (BORIS ROESSLER / ASSOCIATED PRESS FILE PHOTO)

_8eff6da763914256965d36a98fea57e6_8eff6da763914256965d36a98fea57e.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x686.jpg

C

cristycurves

I have to say I believe in the ban, but then I do understand that they've a right to keep covered. This is a tough subject and one that'll certainly divide some. I am a little uncomfortable around someone in a full burka, not sure why, but I am. Head coverings are find but when a covering hides a persons identity that makes me nervous.

Madman

Reviewer
Joined Aug 12, 2011
Messages 17,534
I have to say I believe in the ban, but then I do understand that they've a right to keep covered. This is a tough subject and one that'll certainly divide some. I am a little uncomfortable around someone in a full burka, not sure why, but I am. Head coverings are find but when a covering hides a persons identity that makes me nervous.

I agree with you Cristy.

This for me is completely acceptable and not intimidating to anyone else but the Burka hiding the entire identity can be easily used as a costume for criminal activities and in my opinion the benefit of the many outweighs the fashion/culture sense of the few.

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322

I agree with you Cristy.

This for me is completely acceptable and not intimidating to anyone else but the Burka hiding the entire identity can be easily used as a costume for criminal activities and in my opinion the benefit of the many outweighs the fashion/culture sense of the few.

I concur with both of you.

ill go a little further and say the ideology of their faith just doesn't sit real well with me.

About this Discussion

6 Replies

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom