Made with Love

Police making over 100,000 a year

jumpingjackflash

Reviewer
Joined Jan 7, 2010
Messages 2,940
First the TTC ticket takers, now the media is going to start to focus in on the cops for being what some consider over paid.

It does bother me thinking that when the man in blue is writing up that speeding tickets I occasionally rack up, he will be thinking of that nice over-time cheque that he'll be signing and cashing in at my expense.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cr...2--toronto-police-100k-club-continues-to-grow

Jawbone

Joined Jan 26, 2010
Messages 951
JJF, try slowing down and I'm sure you will do your part in keeping the officers pay down. If you are asking if there is a possible conflict and incentive for the cop on the street to write up tickets, probably, it's called motivating the employee.

I for one don't begrudge the officers a good wage. It's not a job I would want to do, especially in some of the rougher neighborhoods.

4tees

Joined Mar 5, 2010
Messages 13
I remember a number of years ago talking to some police officers off duty. They were describing a colleague who has the highest number of traffic convictions that they know. I said "He must really be proud of enforcing those laws and keeping drivers safe." They all laughed and said "No - he's proud of the overtime and extra cash he gets for doing so."

I have no issue with how much police make. I do, however, have an issue when there is a system that may allow for laws to be enforced based on variable remuneration to the enforcers.

Tiger Woods

Joined Mar 23, 2010
Messages 740
king21 said:
If anyone deserves to be over paid, its definitely the boys in blue!, My employers have used many paid duties officers, they can only get the paid duty rate on their days off, so they are not over paid if you only take their base salary into consideration.

Yes sir could not agree more.

B

Beenthere123

iceman_dci said:
These guys patrol our streets and keep order in our city. I have a lot of respect for the Police forces out there and they are just doing their job; a job that they WANT to do, not just for monetary rewards, but because they want to keep, not only their families but your/ours as well, safe from harm.

The fact that they hand out traffic tickets is not at anyONEs expense, it's at the expense of EVERYones. Suppose someone was speeding along the 401, occasionally weaving around the slower cars. He/she misjudges a lane change and sideswipes a car, sending that car in to the guardrail, injuring or killing all of the occupants inside. I don't think I could carry that guilt on my shoulders just because I wanted to stomp on the accelerator for kicks or bcs I was running a bit late for an appt.

So sorry for the rant as I don't do it much, but I think that Police are severly underpaid for what they do and the stresses of the job, like putting their lives on the line for us.

Just for perspective; they turn a blind eye for things that don't matter...like hobbying to incalls/outcalls; they worry more about the street walkers and girls and underaged girls that are being pimped out.

Just my .02

Add 2 more cents to that.

jumpingjackflash

Reviewer
Joined Jan 7, 2010
Messages 2,940
My point was more to the fact that they are motivated by their personal gain to write up as many traffic tickets as possible. Isn't it a coincidence that the highest paid officers are in the traffic department.:?:

jumpingjackflash

Reviewer
Joined Jan 7, 2010
Messages 2,940
jumpingjackflash said:
My point was more to the fact that they are motivated by their personal gain to write up as many traffic tickets as possible. Isn't it a coincidence that the highest paid officers are in the traffic department.:?:

I don't think that most of the boys in blue would give you a ticket if you were within the speed limit. I am just as guilty as the next guy for breaking the traffic laws, but I can say that anytime I have been pulled over, it was a deserving ticket. Yes I still fought it, but I wasn't pissed with the cop.

blood sports

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Messages 63
Sorry, you guys are delusional. 100,000 bones for these bone-heads. Most cops wearing a badge have never taken their gun out of their holster, let alone actually use it. Most don't have the I.Q. to handle working security at toys-R-us let alone trying to keep our streets safe.

anonanon

Joined Mar 27, 2010
Messages 316
I'd never be a cop myself, I'm not prepared to put myself in the line of fire like they are doing day in and day out....

jumpingjackflash said:

If we are talking risk then shouldn't the SWAT guys or beat cops get more than a traffic cop who for the most part just hand out tickets? Not to say they aren't helping at all, BUT I would imagine it is a less dangerous job/position than others.....

Duke69

Joined Mar 8, 2010
Messages 72
jumpingjackflash said:

Read it and you are right how can a traffic cop make over $160,000 something not right with this picture.

About this Discussion

12 Replies
3K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom