Made with Love

More school shootings.

LickingGravity

Reviewer
Joined Sep 9, 2010
Messages 4,747
ReservoirDog said:
America is slowly destroying itself because of the NRA.

Statistically Americans should be less afraid of brown skinned immigrants and more afraid of disenfranchised gun toting white citizens. They seem unwilling to admit that their exiting laws don't work and don't protect their people. If nothing changes history is bound repeat itself over and over.

For some strange reason they can't see this - really sad.

Willy

Joined Dec 15, 2012
Messages 1,613
Another school shooting.

9778768-3x4-340x453.jpg

A 17-year-old student armed with a shotgun and pistol has opened fire in a Texas high school, killing nine fellow students and a teacher, authorities say, in an attack similar to the massacre at a Florida high school in February.
Key points:

• Explosive devices were also found in the school an nearby
  • Authorities identify suspected shooter as Dimitrios Pagourtzis
  • Police say the shooter used firearms taken from his father

Students said the gunman, identified by authorities as Dimitrios Pagourtzis, first opened fire in an art class at Santa Fe High School shortly before 8:00am on Friday.
Students and staff fled after seeing classmates injured and a fire alarm triggered a full evacuation.
Mr Pagourtzis, was denied bail after he was charged with capital murder and aggravated assault on a public servant.
The suspected shooter also had explosive devices that were found in the school and nearby, said Texas Governor Greg Abbott, who called the assault "one of the most heinous attacks that we've ever seen in the history of Texas schools".
Ten people were also injured in the attack, according to Mr Abbott.

Mr Abbott said investigators had seen a T-shirt on the suspect's Facebook page that read "Born to Kill," and authorities were examining his journal.
But there were no outward signs he had been planning an attack, the governor said.
"Here, the red flag warnings were either non-existent or very imperceptible," Mr Abbott told a news conference.
Classmates described the Santa Fe suspect as a quiet student who kept to himself and played on the football team.
They also said he wore a trench coat to school on the day of shooting, when temperatures topped 32 degrees Celsius.
Mr Abbott also said the suspect in the fourth-deadliest mass shooting at a US public school had used firearms taken from his father.

'I hid and called my mum'

9778608-3x2-700x467.jpg

9778614-3x2-700x467.jpg

Texas school shooting leaves 10 people dead, most of them students - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
HOOKED said:
Callous is the NRA and everyone screaming for gun rights when children are being butchered.

OK

I want you to put down to writing what will stop this once and for an accomplish this in the next 30 days.

Now What is your solution?

HOOKED

Reviewer
Joined Jul 3, 2013
Messages 1,573
papasmerf said:
OK

I want you to put down to writing what will stop this once and for an accomplish this in the next 30 days.

Now What is your solution?

Follow the lead of other countries like Canada, UK, Japan and Germany. It is obvious it's not working in the American states.

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
Inertia

Inertia

Its really not that complicated, the situation has reached critical mass, probably not the best term, but thought it might get my point across.

As the number of people acquire guns increases, as a supposed solution to an obvious problem, more people will feel they must have a gun.

Until what, every single person in the US is armed ?

Can anybody say, Wild West.

Do I have a solution, nope, just stating this is not a static situation here, it is (de)evolving, and not in a way that is going to produce a solution.

But I guess enough people must 1st admit there is a problem, before a solution can be found, if even possible.

HOOKED

Reviewer
Joined Jul 3, 2013
Messages 1,573
papasmerf said:
What is your solution???
...Don't cop out and say become more like other people.

I just gave you the solution. Follow the lead of successful countries, it's pretty simple. The problem is many are like you, you don't want a solution. You want free access to any and all firearms. The NRA feeds on this and Trump backs down to the old Republican base and NRA crowd.

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
HOOKED said:
I just gave you the solution. Follow the lead of successful countries, it's pretty simple. The problem is many are like you, you don't want a solution. You want free access to any and all firearms. The NRA feeds on this and Trump backs down to the old Republican base and NRA crowd.

Actually Hooked
I do not belong to the NRA
I just support the constitution.

With that said There are ways to protect the schools.

Same way we protect our Courts and Politicians.

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
papasmerf said:
Actually Hooked
I do not belong to the NRA
I just support the constitution.

With that said There are ways to protect the schools.

Same way we protect our Courts and Politicians.

Seems to be some resistance to "protecting" the schools, including right here in Canada.

Supporting a clause in the constitution, is not a solution.

But any attempt to revise that clause, will simply be met with more bloodshed, so nothing is going to be gained by even bringing it up in discussing a solution.

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
ROBERTSON said:
Seems to be some resistance to "protecting" the schools, including right here in Canada.

Supporting a clause in the constitution, is not a solution.

But any attempt to revise that clause, will simply be met with more bloodshed, so nothing is going to be gained by even bringing it up in discussing a solution.

You protect the children.....The same way you protect Airports, Courts, Sporting Events and Politicians.

As far as a Canadian's opinion on MY Constitution goes...I give it the same weight you would give mine over your rights.

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
papasmerf said:
You protect the children.....The same way you protect Airports, Courts, Sporting Events and Politicians.

As far as a Canadian's opinion on MY Constitution goes...I give it the same weight you would give mine over your rights.

Papa a question if I may.

If I was living in The state of NY and I wanted to own a gun.

What procedures would I have to follow to make that happen?

ROBERTSON

Joined Mar 27, 2018
Messages 1,413
papasmerf said:

As I already stated, there is obvious resistance to "protecting" the schools, otherwise it would been done by now, so its not currently a solution.

You brought up the constitution, not me, if you don't want to discuss it, DON'T bring it up.

PS: Mister Smerf, its got to be difficult having foreigners telling you how your country should be run, you are handling masterfully, but not unexpected.
So far, anyway :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom