Made with Love
Toronto Girlfriends
Hollywood Ladies

Massage Oil

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

IFUSEEKAMY

Advertiser
Joined Sep 14, 2010
Messages 6,938
What massage oil(s) do you like to use or have used on you? Any tips from those with lots of experience? I just wanna get all glistened up with minimal mess :)

peace

Reviewer
Joined Dec 23, 2010
Messages 29,082
What massage oil(s) do you like to use or have used on you? Any tips from those with lots of experience? I just wanna get all glistened up with minimal mess :)
You can practice on me if needed...:):biggrin2:

Joined Feb 18, 2014
Messages 1,734
Preferably non-scented, but other than that, I'm not fussy. Whatever they use at the massage parlours is always fine with me, although I don't suppose they all use the same kind.

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,337
[h=3]Holly Oil[/h]
Description: Holly Oil has long been a popular massage oil. It is extremely light to the point where sheets will not be stained. It also has a pleasant cooling effect. Nonetheless, this is offset by the mineral oil in the blend that blocks pores and limits the effects of a therapeutic massage.
Color: Clear
Aromatic Description:
Description: Holly Oil has no scent
Common Uses: Holly Oil is used almost exclusively in the massage therapy industry.
Consistency: Thin - almost water like
Absorption: It will leave almost no residue, but is capable of actually blocking pores.
Shelf life: 6 months to 1 year
Cautions: None Known.

U

User-E

I highly recommend Holly Oil. I've been using it for 10+ years and love it. Makes great lube for HJ's also. :wink2:

Holly Oil is derived from a cold press process. A water based Vitamin E, (Cyclo-Alocaine) is then added along with Jojoba as a therapeutic moisturizer and to add glide. This non nut-based oil is unscented and non-staining. Holly Oil has 5-year shelf life and is the perfect carrier for essential oils.

Holly oil is non-comedogenic. It will be absorbed by the body with no ill effects. The oil is not as thick as French Grapeseed or Sweet Almond Oils, which allows you to use less.

Base Ingredients
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Paraffinum Liquidum
  • Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
  • Water Iiex Aquifolium (Holly)
  • Aquifoliaceae - Aquifolium ilex (Holly Tree)
Available in 10L, 4L, 1L and 8 oz

IFUSEEKAMY

Advertiser
Joined Sep 14, 2010
Messages 6,938
Thanks Bosco and escape! Much appreciated. I've never even heard of it before :blush2:

AmiAndrews

Joined Apr 24, 2015
Messages 84
I have this great coconut massage oil that I love. There's no scent or taste, and it washes right off, but it's slippery enough, whether I'm using my hands, or doing a body slide.

Back in the day when I was very new to massage, I used straight up baby oil. Don't do this. As great and slippery as it is, it's a pain in the ass to get off. I also made the mistake of dropping it on the floor once. And stepping in it. During session. The guy on the table caught me before I hit the floor. Not embarrassing. At all. :blush2:

Haven't heard of Holly Oil, but it's definitely on my radar now. :good:

U

User-E

I also recommend for flat and fitted sheets for the massage table, and their face rest covers. I recently ordered some and am very impressed with their prices and quality of the linens. I bought the flannel linen sheets and even my clients have commented on how soft and comfortable they are.

I'm also impressed with their stellar customer service over the 10 years I've used them. Even though I'd only paid for regular Canada Post delivery, they knew a postal strike was looming, so shipped my stuff expedited at no extra cost and my order arrived within a few days, rather than a few weeks.

:good:

https://www.relaxusonline.com/Wholesale_Massage_Sheets_Linens_Vancouver_Canada_s/250.htm

Top Bottom