Made with Love
Hush Companions
SPDir

Maine restaurant sedates lobsters with marijuana

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

Steve11

Joined Mar 13, 2012
Messages 47
Smiley lobsters.

A US restaurant is using marijuana to sedate lobsters before killing them.
Charlotte's Legendary Lobster Pound, a restaurant in Maine, says the process is more humane as it lessens their pain before death.
Lobsters are often cooked by being dropped into a pot of boiling water, seen as cruel by some. There is growing evidence the crustaceans feel pain.
Customers at the restaurant can choose whether they want the marijuana-sedated lobster or not.

A growing body of scientific findings suggest that not only lobsters but other invertebrates, such as crayfish and crabs, are able to feel pain.
In January, Switzerland decided that lobsters must be stunned before boiling.

The owner of Charlotte's Legendary Lobster Pound, Charlotte Gill, says eating the sedated lobster will not make customers high and using marijuana leads to better quality meat, as the animal is more relaxed when it dies.

"If we're going to take a life we have a responsibility to do it as humanely as possible," Ms Gill told local newspaper Mount Desert Islander. "The difference it makes within the meat itself is unbelievable."
Marijuana is legal in Maine and Ms Gill has a license to grow and supply it for medical purposes.

Marijuana laws in the US vary from state to state. Nine states and Washington DC have legalised the drug.

Maine restaurant sedates lobsters with marijuana - BBC News

God

Joined Oct 3, 2015
Messages 7,814
Whoever thought that they are not able to feel pain was one drunk chef.

DR. Love

Reviewer
Joined Aug 18, 2010
Messages 318
When I was in Cuba, they used to catch them and boil them live immediately. None but I understood why.

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
I don't think that bubbling dope smoke through the water is really going to do much to/for the lobstahs.

Top Bottom