Made with Love

Mail Order Brides

Kirk Lazarus

Reviewer
Joined Dec 1, 2009
Messages 3,861
Has anyone had experience with mail order brides like at this site?

I'm curious about this concept. Some are probably b&s, but some are probably real girls. However, both sides go into this knowing that each other is using the other for a different need (i.e. the bride is married to a citizen of a developed country with a good income (I assume) and the groom gets to marry a hot young thing). I wonder if at the end it works out and that both parties fall in love with one another when the relationship initially started as a relationship of convenience. Just wonder if anyone has had experience or heard of any stories from friends and colleagues.

BigAbe

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 77
I used to exchange letters then via email with Monique a woman from Moskow though a reputable site for 5 years. Pictures send and then love letters, tried to bring her but then I got cold feet, a feat I regreat to this day.

bad boy

Joined Jan 9, 2010
Messages 111
No-brainer. If you're seeking a virtual bride from a 3rd world country eg. russia, phillipean's, costa rica etc. you're targeting women who are desperate to get out of their dire situation in their homeland ie. poverty, political imprisonment etc.. Are they looking for true love? Maybe, but, a very distant second to what they're really looking for, fill in the _______.

B

Beenthere123

Lone Wolf said:
Kirk: This might interest you. I don't have any personal experience in this realm--I just posted the link to stimulate discussion.

As a fashion blogger and the publicist for my husband Steve's new SoHo art gallery, I go to lots of dinner parties with the fashionistas, street artists and hip-hop musicians we know through our work. We'll all be talking, and someone will ask how Steve and I met. When I tell them that we found each other through an international marriage brokerage agency, they don't get it.
Most people never think of a 27-year-old career woman like me when they hear the words mail-order bride. They imagine someone who doesn't speak English, who's been shipped in, like property, to be subservient to her husband. "Are you allowed to go out on your own?" an acquaintance once asked me. Another person wanted to know whether I had a curfew -- seriously. If someone associates me with those kinds of stereotypes, Steve and I both get upset, because it's degrading. But I try not to take it too personally. I'm not ashamed. My husband and I love each other and have been married for six years, longer than many couples we know. Plus, immigrants usually have complicated stories -- and I'm certainly no exception.

Hey sometimes they do work.

Hilfiger

Joined Feb 25, 2010
Messages 17
I have few friends got married this way with Russian and EE women, they all ended up divorced and fucked up finacially. I would definitely stay away from EE and Russian brides. And i have couple friends got married same way with asian ladies, they are so happy. Its maybe coincidence, but i would not take this risk.

Grefin

Joined Mar 10, 2010
Messages 111
They are mostly B&S. There are lots of stupid guys out there that they will get marry with foreigner women without even actually seeing them. It always ends with sad story.

freestyle

Joined Dec 29, 2009
Messages 88
Am I missing something here? What's beneficial about ordering your bride through a online-catalog? If you've got an EE or Asian fetish, aren't there gobs of both right here in T.O.?

JackassJack

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 558
anonanon said:
I don't know if it's worth the risk for me. I could see that go badly very quickly...And expensively! :eek:

Exactly. But This applies if you go with Russian or EE mail Order Brides. I remember few horror stories about EE/Russian ladies.

I have few friends got married with Thai ladies. They are very happy. I think Asian Mail Order Brides are the safest bet.

J

Jesus Quintana

2 good friends "ordered" brides from Russia and they scored very well.
A long drawn out process for both. But both have kids now and are happily married.
Those are, however the anomaly as the lion's share end up very badly.

About this Discussion

15 Replies
3K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom