Made with Love

Karla Homolka Applying for a Pardon

L

lagavulin

"Schoolgirl killer Karla Homolka could apply for a pardon as soon as next month, beating proposed legislation that would deny pardons to the most serious offenders, according to a media report.

Homolka will be eligible to apply for a pardon as early as July 5, and plans to apply, CTV reported, citing unnamed sources.

Homolka's bid for a pardon comes as legislation that would change the pardon system is held up in the House of Commons.

Last month, Public Safety Minister Vic Toews proposed changes that would force serious criminals to wait 10 years before being able to apply for a pardon. Under the current system, offenders must wait five years after their release before applying. The changes would also ban pardons for serious repeat offenders or anyone with a record of sexually abusing children.

The government also wants to change the term from “pardon” to “record suspension.”

The Conservatives have said they wanted the legislation passed before the summer, when Homolka will be eligible to apply for a pardon, and cited her case as an example of why the legislation should pass speedily.

Speaking in support of the proposed pardon reform last month, Donna French, the mother of Kristen French, who was murdered by Homolka and her then-husband Paul Bernardo in 1992, told QMI Agency that she opposed a pardon for her daughter's killer.

“From a victim's perspective, a pardon means you are forgiven for doing this horrific crime, and that is totally inappropriate and totally unjust,” French said.

Homolka was released from jail in 2005. She served a 12-year sentence for three manslaughter convictions after agreeing to provide evidence against Bernardo, her then-husband.

Bernardo was found guilty for the rapes and murders of Tammy Homolka — Karla’s younger sister — Leslie Mahaffy and Kristen French in the 1990s."

I mentioned this very thing months ago on "another board" and was met with some skepticism. I really wish I had been wrong.

mistermello

Joined Apr 8, 2010
Messages 136
I mentioned this very thing months ago on "another board" and was met with some skepticism. I really wish I had been wrong.[/QUOTE]

It is an absolute travesty that Homolka obtained the "deal with the devil" she did. It would have been totally unnecessary but for the incompetence of the police in not finding the video evidence. If they had, she would not be out of jail now. A pardon for these horrific crimes would add insult to injury to the victim's families and to society as a whole. It should not even be considered for this psychopath.

C

Cycleguy007

I heard that on the radio this morning as well...

The real travesty is that she is out of jail to begin with... But no sense going down THAT road again... :roll:

Let alone she is now (almost) eligible for a pardon. And WHO is holding up that legislation???

L

lagavulin

Cycleguy007 said:
... And WHO is holding up that legislation??? ...

The three wise men

ht9eN.jpg

lF0gB.jpg

HnD2R.jpg

Although the party that will receive the greatest benefit is the Conservatives.
During the next election they will be able to point to these clowns and say

"These are the men that gave Karla Homolka a pardon ..... you cannot let them lead this country"

It should play well in the 905 area.

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
lagavulin said:
Homolka will be eligible to apply for a pardon as early as July 5, and plans to apply, CTV reported, citing unnamed sources.

The famous unnamed sources eh?

It's a good move for her but unlike Graham James she won't be able to fly under the radar.

The maelstrom that awaits her from the press and public will hopefully thwart her attempts should she decide to do do.

I for one would be willing to sign any petition or contribute in any way too stopping her.

L

lagavulin

I heard that parliament is working diligently to change the law TODAY before they recess for yet another break.

I do not know what has been tabled but all they need to do is add one sentence to the existing act.

"Despite any other section or law, no pardon shall be granted to any person who has been convicted of, any of, criminal negligence causing death, impaired driving causing death, infanticide, manslaughter, or murder without the express consent of the Minister of Justice, or the Prime Minister."

That single change would end the problem.
Then debate all the other changes in committee as part of the normal process.

H

HOF

No Pardon!

No Pardon!

It has just been stated! All Federal parties have agreed and Karla "Devil" Homolka will never be granted a pardon. The appropriate legislation will be in place by the end of tomorrow.

It's all over the news right now!

C

Cycleguy007

HOF said:
It has just been stated! All Federal parties have agreed and Karla "Devil" Homolka will never be granted a pardon. The appropriate legislation will be in place by the end of tomorrow.

It's all over the news right now!
I58ai.jpg

Finally... our politicians in Ottawa did something rite for a change!

About this Discussion

13 Replies
3K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom