Made with Love

Karla eligible for a PARDON this year!

Madmax

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 660
I vote to hang her.

Karla Leanne Homolka, also known as Karla Leanne Teale (born 4 May, 1970 in Port Credit, Ontario, Canada), is a Canadian ex-convict who attracted worldwide media attention when she was convicted of manslaughter following a plea bargain in the 1991 rape-murders of two Ontario teenage girls, Leslie Mahaffy and Kristen French, as well as the rape and death of Homolka's sister Tammy.[2]
Paul Bernardo was arrested in 1993 and in 1995 was convicted of the three teenagers' murders. He received life in prison, the full maximum sentence allowed in Canada. Homolka, however, "portrayed herself as the innocent victim of a murderous monster. [In 1993], she struck a deal with prosecutors (later dubbed the "Deal with the Devil") and pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the deaths in exchange for a 12-year prison sentence. But videotapes of the crimes, found after the plea bargain, showed her to be a more active participant. Public outrage about Homolka's sentence had barely cooled by the time of her extremely high-profile release from prison in 2005".[3] She lived in the province of Quebec for a time and in 2007, was speculated to have left Canada for the Antilles, new partner and baby in hand.[4]As of December 2009, respected La Presse, Canada's top French-language newspaper, claims that Karla is now back in Ontario studying Law and living with her partner Luka Magnotta.[5][6]

H

HOF

Absolutely

Absolutely

Dan said:
Did you have to remind us about this monster hof?.

We all need to know where this monster is! I believe that she was the mastermind. She outsmarted the entire system! Psychopath & Sociopath. Don't ever forget what she did! Not only did she kill, but she ruined many lives along the way.

Raiden

Reviewer
Joined Nov 6, 2009
Messages 6,563
A new husband, a child and a pardon to boot. I hope she loves and protects her child more than she protected her own sister. Incredible how one can do what she did and now be free and breathing the same air as the rest of us.

GDLLover

Joined Dec 8, 2009
Messages 439
I don't dismiss her crimes and agree she should have been punished more (death by guiotine come to mind), but lets not forget about Bernardo. He wasn't exactly a saint either, later disscovered and convicted of being the Scarborough rapist with multiple accounts. Not saying she should be forgiven but with a sinister Bernardo controlling her, who knows what went on in her mind as to how much danger she percieved herself to be in. Maybe she thought she had to go along with it to protect herself.

I

iceman_dci

I was a young man in Scarborough when I saw the artists rendering in the Toronto Sun. I looked over at my friends neighbor and thought that he was the person in the sketch; it turned out he wasn't. All of us boys remembered walking all of our female friends home and making sure no one was ever left alone.

When he was caught, the shock of the news was coupled with the realization that we had seen Bernardo at house parties throughout Scarborough and that we never liked him because he was so arrogant and pompous, always thinking he was better than us. It didn't help that we were the epitomy of "Scarborough Rockers" and he was the dreaded "Prep".

Years later, I was told by an SO that she was sure that Bernardo had approached her one night as she was walking home in the Beaches one night on a dimly lit street. Nothing happened thankfully but it sends shudders up my spine to think of what could've happened to her.

BTW...I drove a gold coloured 1980 Camaro at the time. Ask me how many times I was stopped during all this....

Hugojoe

Joined Feb 25, 2010
Messages 232
GDLLover said:
I don't dismiss her crimes and agree she should have been punished more (death by guiotine come to mind), but lets not forget about Bernardo. He wasn't exactly a saint either, later disscovered and convicted of being the Scarborough rapist with multiple accounts. Not saying she should be forgiven but with a sinister Bernardo controlling her, who knows what went on in her mind as to how much danger she percieved herself to be in. Maybe she thought she had to go along with it to protect herself.

Do not buy it at all GDL she gave him her own sister that is sick.

Joined Apr 19, 2010
Messages 10
ChaosTheory said:
This whole Karla situation is a tragedy. She should have been jailed, maximum security, multiple life sentences.

Precisely, but the AUTHORITIES mis managed the case and she got away with manslaughter.

By our laws, chosen mostly by us to protect us, she is eligible for a pardon. This is one of the last true forms of rehabilitation we have left in this country. We have it so that people who do time for this charge while drunk, or protecting someone are not forever burdened by a criminal record. There will always be cases where the justice system fails us, we should be aware and accepting of that. But,

Harper is using this rhetoric for a specific reason. He is actively trying to change our policies on Pardons and severely limit the ability to receive one. With no other choice but crime you then can guarantee those people will not become better citizens. He throws out numbers like a 99% approval rate (BULLSHIT) but fails to mention the huge numbers of uneducated, doing life on the installment plan types that aren't even aware that they can get a pardon.

This is the reason we see a high number of these cases of intelligent people who have committed horrible crimes getting pardons. Sure these people may have gotten caught, but they are typically much smarter than your average born to welfare street criminal. This isn't news. It's about as shocking as the sun coming up but Harper wants to stir up emotion and get people terrified at how many monsters HIS government is forgiving.

We cannot continue to restrict our good people because of examples of failure. We can try harder and we can hold those who make the mistakes accountable, it is possible. Our parents and grandparents and their parents did just that.

We've already taken away schooling and most other forms of rehabilitation on the Provincial jail level. This means every person in these institutions has nothing to do other than participate in and plan future crimes for 24 hrs a day for their sentence. That could be a day to as much as 729 days. If you're sentenced to 730 days or more you go to Federal prison where you can get a degree, real toothpaste, conjugal visits, better food, better safety (Provincial jails are notorious for being poorly run and they house everyone waiting to be sentenced, that means the shoplifter is housed right there with the murderers) and a whole plethora of other available ways to turn your life around.

Many times though these programs are ignored by inmates because they have already spent years in and out of Provincial jails and have resigned themselves to a life of crime. They eventually get sick of the Provincial jails and move on to larger and more profitable crimes, if they get away it's more money and if they get caught they go to a better prison.

Taking away schooling at the Provincial level was bad enough and in my mind a thinly veiled excuse to build more prisons and hire more jailers. We cannot just start restructuring or destroying our Pardon system because Stephen reminded us that it has flaws.

No one is going to forget her, if you read up her a bit you'll see she gets grief and is watched almost everywhere she goes. Bernardo is one of the filthiest inmates since medieval times and it's because his safety is in such jeopardy from the other inmates and even the guards that he chooses to just stay in his cell.

Don't buy into this fear mongering shit that has become the status quo in politics these days. It's always been there and it's a sad and transparent attempt at control every time they use it. We are adults and we are able to perform some self regulation, we don't need to give up more rights and freedoms every time a politician says something scary. That is just what Harper means to do here, roll out the worst cases and get you to throw away the key on anyone who ever breaks the law and in some way that is ALL of us. You've seen this stuff play out in our neighbors yard a thousand times lately, some politician screams: "TERRORISM!" and everyone rushes to give up more privacy and more rights instead of saying: "You're right, YOU screwed up. Now fix it or you're gettin the Kennedy treatment."

About this Discussion

19 Replies
3K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom