Made with Love
Mirage Entertainment
Sexy Friends Toronto

Jussie Smollett found innocent. But he did lie to the cops.

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

JJ Mitchell

Joined Nov 13, 2012
Messages 662
It is strange, especially after a grand jury and alleged accomplices confessing. Going to be interesting to hear exactly what happened.
My speculation? Chicago is aware of impending federal charges and is more than willing to drop the whole shit show in their laps. Or the accomplices recanted their story ($), which would likely mean charges for them. Not sure what else it could be.

I never heard of anyone getting federal charges for a false police report. False reporting charges are local not federal.

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
It's bullshit and just makes citizens trust the government even less. We'll need some details here soon or people are going to get really pissed off and some idiot out there will do something stupid like taking the law into his/her own hands.

DILLIGAF

Reviewer
Joined Nov 22, 2016
Messages 1,221
Can someone explain to me how this went from a City case to a Federal case
I am not that up on Laws in the USA but I find this one just a little confusing!
Add in the potential for Corruption from the Chicago Police and I think maybe the lynch mob kinda got a bucket of cold water dumped on it.
If this is the case somebody is gonna get their ass sued royaly.

DILLIGAF

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
My limited understanding is that there may have been some influence on the prosecution from a former member of Michelle Obama's staff. There are some emails that discussed the case. I think the feds are in partially because of that and the FOP (Fraternal Order of Police) is supporting the local police in saying that there was plenty of evidence and think the DA or whoever was influenced to drop the charges from outside. There may have been some sort of deal for the DA to maybe get help getting to higher office later if this went away now (my speculation) or something. So the feds are usually brought in to look into cases of state or local corruption.

Something definitely stinks here. They say they have the two brothers on film buying the rope and bleach. They have film of Smollett getting home and still having his Subway sandwich (you think that would have been lost in a lynching at some point) and according to the police, much more hard evidence. If the guy is innocent, then why is the city keeping his $10k bond? Why are they accepting some supposed 16 hours of community service (done at an organization run by Jesse Jackson)? And why would the case documents need to be sealed so Freedom of Information Act requests won't be able to get the film and other evidence? The whole thing stinks.

I wouldn't be to arrogant about this if I were him. He's done a lot to piss off people who would do something like what he claims happened. I wouldn't be shocked if some idiots went after him. People are tired of seeing the rich and famous get away with shit like this while normal people suffer real consequences. I don't want it to happen as it would just divide the populace up even more.....but you gotta know that there are at least a few racist idiots that wouldn't care and would go after him anyhow.

DILLIGAF

Reviewer
Joined Nov 22, 2016
Messages 1,221
I think this tampering or kicking this to the curb is not going to go away.
Chicago is still trying to deal with that murder that is haunting the Police dept. Now this!
So if someone up the food chain stuck a finger in this to get him off they better have teflon coated fingers.
Even Stumpy Trumpy wants this investigate further.

DILLIGAF

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
I hope someone does investigate further and punish all involved if this has been covered up. This is just as bad to me as a woman with a false rape claim. If proven false, we need to punish him to prevent the next false claim.

DILLIGAF

Reviewer
Joined Nov 22, 2016
Messages 1,221
If it was Michelle Obama or anyone contected to her it would make sense as to why Stumpy Trumpy is getting involved.
He would go out of his way to poke at anyone who tried to take him down.
Obama's would be at the top of his list.
Somebody get the popcorn this one is a long way from over.

DILLIGAF

Joined Jan 24, 2011
Messages 639
You think they can recoup the $130,000 taxpayers paid for?.

50cents

Joined Sep 1, 2014
Messages 518
[h=1]Chicago to Sue Jussie Smollett After He Refuses to Pay Investigation Costs[/h]

Top Bottom